MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

This eyeshadow is sort of a champagine color. It's a great color for younger girls, because it is so light. Its not as pigmented as their other eyeshadows.

on 9/27/2011 6:38:00 PM

I am giving this 5 stars even though I rarely reach for it anymore, because I loved it for so long. For years this was a perfect go-to, subtle, champagne shimmer with a hint of pink and I loved using this with neutrals or purples. As I've aged, I've noticed I have more pink in my skin tone and this now reads more pink than I'd like it to. It's also just a little frostier than I am looking for these days so I have found that while Naked Lunch was HG in my 20s, in my 30s it has been replaced by Jest (on me, they are practically identical when swatched) and these days I just prefer the way Jest looks on me. I think MAC has a several of these nice shimmery colors and it's just a matter of finding your perfect match. Naked Lunch is definitely a great choice.

on 9/20/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite MAC eyeshadow! It's a gorgeous shimmery gold pink colour and can be worn all over the lid or as a highlight. I love wearing this with Era in the crease and Sable as a liner and it just gives such a pretty, subtle look. Definitely recommend! :)

on 9/12/2011 6:47:00 PM

If you are unfamiliar with MAC's Naked Lunch, you will be underwhelmed when you first see it. In the pot, it looks like several other MAC shades, like Jest and Honesty. It is hard to say what makes this ES special, but here goes:

If you try it, you will find yourself looking in the rearview mirror to determine if you can even see it on your lids. And then you will realize: This is a subtle but very lovely shade, very complementary to paler complexions. It gives you polish without screaming, "Look at my make up." Your lids will gleam, not shine with glitter. You will look fresh.

My teenage nieces wear it, I (40s) wear it, my mother (70s!) could wear it, too. It is fine as an all-over, and a great highlighter or base. It's not cheap, but doesn't wear cheap either. Lasts well.

Recommend.

on 8/31/2011 11:17:00 AM

I love this color. It is perfect for a suble, shimmery look. I absolutly love just this on my lids with winged liquid liner. I wear it very often and would definitly repurchase it.

on 8/23/2011 12:56:00 PM

I love this shadow. I use it all the time on my clients. Of course as for the packaging when it comes to MAC do I really care about packaging? Uhh NO LOL Love the product.

on 8/21/2011 12:31:00 AM

So this was my first mac eyeshadow ever! It was quite an investment! I love this eyeshadow, but the only problem is that it comes off orange-y on my lids. I try to fix that by putting a brownish color base on first. That somewhat fixes this! But i used to always think that MAC was so expensive! But i own a few more expensive-r eyeshadows, like stila, tarina tarintino, twilight etc. But they are so much more expensive. But they are a little bit nicer. I would have thought the eyeshadow was softer? It's isn't that soft though. I do like this product quite a bit though!

on 8/21/2011 12:15:00 AM

I really like this shadow. I actually have it on today with twinks. A great neutral all over color.

At first I didn't really like this colour. It hardly shows up on my skin. However, if I really build it or wet it, it can be the most flattering neutral ever! It's a beautiful light champagne colour with a slight pink undertone. I use this when I want a neutral look, I use it all over my lid and it gives such a subtle pretty statement.

on 8/9/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am not a fan of MAC's eyeshadows. This has little color pay off, isn't quite matte or sheer, and doesn't work well as a base under my eyeshadows. For the price, I'd expect better quality, not sheer chalk. I love my Urban Decay Naked Palette and will stick with that from now on.