September 22, 2014 | 1223 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Celestail is def. my HG moisturizer! i got this w/Breath of Fresh Air toner & i LOVE it. i wanted a moisturizer for my dry/sensitive skin that would make my makeup look better & this is the best 1 ive found (my search for the perfect moisturizer is finally over!) i used MAC, Clinique, Cetaphil, Ponds, etc. & this is the best by far. the toner works great w/it 2. i dont have redness around my nose & its not heavy @ all (Skin Drink was way too heavy 4 me, but it might be a great night cream) i love wearing it under makeup & i dont have flakes or any dryness on my face w/or w/out makeup. i love Celestial! It smells soo good, makes my skin feel soo soft & smooth so i will def. be buying it again, again & again, even though it is a lil expensive a lil goes a long way & its def. worth the $.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke me out bad!! Its been almost two weeks and its starting to fade finally!! It has some butter in it, cocoa butter i think? If you break out due to clogged pores or use products that are only oil free dont buy it! Broke me out! Im so sick of lush products, wish it wouldve worked!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunkie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this one as a gift in a magazine, and I was pretty exited since this is the first Lush moisturizer I have ever used. I have good and bad experiences from Lush, and was exited to try new products.
This one, as most of the Lush products, comes in a black pot. It's a 1.5 oz package. Before receiving the product, I did a little research on the Internet, and I really loved the combination of almond milk and my personal favorite, vanilla. I also noticed that unlike most of the products, this one contains as little chemicals as possible and that it's main ingredients were natural, like vanilla water, almond oil, almond milk, coco butter and fresh dove orchid extract.
When I finally got the product, I immediately noticed it's beautiful, sweet and natural smell. My skin reacted well to it, it did the moisturizing part perfectly and though my skin felt a little bit greasy afterwards, it didn't cause any acne as some heavy moisturizers did. I don't use it every day, I use it only when I need extra moisturizing, especially in winter. Also, I would recommend using only a very small amount, because it can make your skin looking too greasy.
Apart from being a little bit too heavy and greasy for my skin, this product has many advantages like the awesome smell, natural ingredients and effective moisturizing. I still wouldn't buy it, because I find it too expensive. But it was definitely worth a try :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I've been thinking all Winter that I want something with fresh ingredients that are natural to hydrate my skin. I went into Lush today and picked this up along with Skin Drink. I have to say some of their moisturizers online are outrageously pricey! For something that's going to expire anyway... Stick with the $20 or less kind like this one. Which for only 1.5 oz I still think it's expensive. It comes in a jar, so it's not the most sanitary option for face moisture. But my skin needs something that instantly soaks in and hydrates from the inside out. This does it and doesn't irritate already red and flaky skin. I love the smell! It's so fresh and clean naturally. No chemical clean smell... You actually feel like something good is going onto your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by carolcn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great mosturizer for dry sensitive skin. It saved me from a long flaky winter. I have tried a ton of moisturizers for winter before, and almost none of them are good enough to avoid the flakies. It may be a little heavy for summer usage which is the only reason I did not give it a 5. It doesn't irritate even when used close to the eyes. A little goes a long way, and I find that it provides a nice smooth look when used under foundation. It doesn't have any 'mystery' ingredients, and doesn't clog pores. All in all, a winner in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkandglitter

I've been using this cream for the last 2 weeks and it's the first moisturizer I bought from LUSH. It is definitely kinda heavy and extremely moisturaizing, which you would expect not to go very nicely with my oily skin, however, if you use very little amounts, it just works perfect. I just slightly rub my finger in the tub and apply and I build it up from there. It provides great moisture and so far my skin did not break out. Plus a little goes a long way, therefore I do not find this product expensive at all.
It smells vanilla-ish, very very nicely. My boyfriend hates creams, he has never used any on his face because he finds them all "sticky evils", but he felt for this one, mainly because of it's yummy smell. :)
If by the time I finish using this tub I'm getting the same results, I believe I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ricecrispys313

Where to begin...

I have combination skin... real combination skin. My forehead is an oil slick, while my chin is extremely rough and dry. It is so hard trying to find a moisturizer that keeps both in balance (plus, my skin is uber sensitive, especially now during the winter...). So, I asked the saleswoman at Lush if I could try a sample of celestial. I had used imperalis and vanishing cream in the past, with no significant results.
First off, it smells like heaven. Its vanilla, but not so up in your face you need to step back. It moisturizers the dry areas soo nicely, and doesn't leave the forehead like an oil slick. It makes my cheeks feel like silk
I take off a lippie only because 1. it has no spf (but your not going to find that at a 100% organic store anyways, so thats my fault) and 2. I haven't been using it long enough to see the real long term effects.

But, my sample is almost gone... need to get bigger pot of it...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by keithy

This is by far my favorite moisturizer-my skin feels amazingly soft and moisturized after I use it, and it manages to keep peeling skin at bay during the harsh Canadian winters, which is no mean feat. Also, smells very nicely. It's not cheap, around 20 dollars, but lasts a very long time, especially if used with a toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by justavietgyrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying I have dry, sensitive skin that is easily irritated by chemical sunscreens among many other things. I hear people say that Olay, Cetaphil, and other drugstore brands are great basic moisturizers but I do not agree with this at all. A majority of them are filled with cheap ingredients and fragrances that actually dry out your skin. To me, celestial is the perfect moisturizer. It contains calming and soothing ingredients. It does not have synthetic fragrances added, however, has an amazing vanilla scent. Its ingredients list is small and you can pronounce all of the names (if you're looking for a "basic" moisturizer, then that is what you should look for!). It makes my skin feel soft and youthful. The product sinks into your skin nicely. I've read some comments about this moisturizer being too rich for oily skin -- a sales associate informed me that their Cosmetic Lad moisturizer is a lighter option. I cannot say enough good things about this product and I believe it is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by eheft2

I really really like this product. I'm a huge LUSH fan but never went beyond the bath/shower products. I picked this up on a whim because with my pregnancy my current moisturizer is making my face break out horribly and it would make me feel dirty after putting it on.

This is a very lightweight moisturizer and if I don't wash my face the night before (by accident I swear!) in the shower the next day my face doesn't feel gross it actually feels really clean. My skin hasn't had any new breakouts since using it and even though it's winter and normally I require a heavy moisturizer during the winter it's just enough for me.

My only gripe is the packaging. I hate dipping my fingers in the pot, gross. I wish it came in a pump or squeeze bottle package. I suppose I can always change it over to one.

The price is decent. $22ish for a pot which will last me quite a long time. I will be buying this again as long as my skin still agrees post pregnancy!