April 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ksabha01

I have combination skin that is very sensitive. As many other reviewers have noted, this product can look very greasy and the shininess doesn't really go away. Since I use a tinted moisturizer during the day, I decided to put this to use at night. I wake up with clear, healthy looking (but extremely shiny!) skin, give my face a quick wash, and everything's good! That said, I experienced a slight burning with this initially but have used it so often that it went away. I think my skin just needed to develop a tolerance to it. Just never use it near your eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

i was so disappointed with this product! The first time i used it i got a burning sensation around my forehead and hairline. after a month i saw it sitting on my vanity, so i decided to give it another try, it worked! i thought i finally found the perfect moisturizer for my skin. at first i used three quarters of a pea sized amount on my skin and by midday it left my skin kind of greasy! and i have a SUPER oily t-zone. so i lowered the amount i used. i literally use the TINIEST amount EVER, and i even do the patting motion so its evenly and thinly distributed. STILL i get a greasy t-zone, if i swiped my fingers over my forehead my fingers would be coated in facial oil. im still on the look out for the best moisturizer! on the bright side. the packaging is wonderful! i love the twist and lock thing so you can travel with it without it leaking all over your makeup bag. about the price, i got it for around 14 dollars canadian at my local walmart. its pretty expensive for a product like this.
bottom line. is it horrible? No. is it good? No. is it worth the money? No. so i would say invest in a moisturizer that actually benefits your skin. i would get a more expensive moisturizer that actually works! because in the end if you try out three less expensive moisturizers that dont work, youre just wasting the same amount of money! try something else. for reference. i have normal skin on my cheeks and an oily t-zone. (combination skin). i would NOT repurchase this EVER

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlove17

At first, I thought this product was pretty good. Moisturized nice and didn't leave me greasy. By the afternoon I started to notice little bumps on my cheeks. I woke up the next morning with my face all bumpy, red and swollen. I had an allergic reaction to it!!! :( I bought the one for SENSITIVE skin and it still gave me a reaction. Terrible product, will not buy ever again. WARNING-if you have sensitive skin, DO NOT buy. Very disappointed with this product and will be returning. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it burns like someone's pouring acid into my eyes...I usually stick with Pond's (blue top) but in the summer that makes me look like I've applied Crisco so I wanted to try something less greasy...I have dry skin but once moisturized, it's oily (so combo in theory)...soo, I take a shower and apply this crap and omg, it was like I liquefied a damn Altoid and poured it into my eye socket...had to wash my face, rinse my eyes out with icy water and actually wait 10 min for burning to stop (just to open them again - no joke)....my fault for not reading the instructions but it's lotion, I assume you put it all over your face and move on...I actually do like the way it felt on my skin but it was scary and wasted half the time that I was planning to use for makeup...and to think I paid close to $15 for this experience...I'm on a quest for the perfect summer moisturizer for dry skin that would NOT be like pouring ammonia into my eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by meonhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few topics here:

If your face is burning and or itching, gently exfoliate your face and rinse. If you put lotion on after that and it burns and keeps burning, then wash it off and put a small amount of hydrocorisone cream 1% and that should help it quite a bit.

Years ago may dermatologist gave me a cream called Candermyl. (Candermyl Cream for dry, sensitive skin contains non-ionic liposomes which penetrate into the stratum coreum layer of the skin where they slowly dissolve and release moisture) It was the most amazing stuff ever, but unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Well it contains liposomes which help deliver the payload into your skin. That cream actually made you look younger. But, anyway I wish I had some now because my face is burning and all lotions burn right now.
I'm also looking at trying CeraVe, hopefully it won't burn.

I have alot of redness on the sides of my nose with itching and flaking, probably dermatitis of some kind. Anyway, putting almost any lotion on that area once it is red and inflammed makes it burn worse. I think that's because all of the exfoliation that has occured due to washing my face several times and the itching has exposed the underlying skin. I guess almost anything would irritate it at that point except for maybe something with only one natural ingredient that would relieve tightness in the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Sweetasacupcake

I love this product. It felt light and moisturized my dry/sensitive skin. I did not feel the burning sensation at all when I used this product. The only thing I don't like is the shininess after you apply the product but it disappeared in about ten minutes and absorbed into my skin quite fast.

I recommend this product if you have dry/sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by geanieLOL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I experienced slight burning but my skin has a very high tolerance level. overall this moisturized pretty well.. but i warn you. do not apply this under makeup, your foundation will slip off easily and you'll look like a frying pan, trust me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rharrison

I wanted to like this moisturizer, my friends were telling me how good it was.. But it didn't work at all for me. I have a very sensitive skin, and when I applied it, it burned my skin a little. It also made me break out a lot, especially on my cheeks, where I usually never break out! I prefer Spectro Gel over Cetaphil... But I started using natural products and my skin looks way better. Also I felt that my skin wasn't moisturized at all with Cetaphil... I wouldn't really recommend it, unless your skin isn't really sensitive. I think that it would be good for people with "normal skin." A good point about this moisturizer though, is the SPF! And that it's not too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by janematty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has nice moisturizing properties, unfortunately it burns my skin. I am using Aveeno Positively Radiant with SPF 15 and I experience no burning.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have very dry/sensitive skin with eczema.
This stuff sucks. So much. It smells like pure suncreen, burns when applied, and leaves skin looking greasy but still feeling not moisturized enough. Not a good product.