At first, I thought this product was pretty good. Moisturized nice and didn't leave me greasy. By the afternoon I started to notice little bumps on my cheeks. I woke up the next morning with my face all bumpy, red and swollen. I had an allergic reaction to it!!! :( I bought the one for SENSITIVE skin and it still gave me a reaction. Terrible product, will not buy ever again. WARNING-if you have sensitive skin, DO NOT buy. Very disappointed with this product and will be returning. :(
it burns like someone's pouring acid into my eyes...I usually stick with Pond's (blue top) but in the summer that makes me look like I've applied Crisco so I wanted to try something less greasy...I have dry skin but once moisturized, it's oily (so combo in theory)...soo, I take a shower and apply this crap and omg, it was like I liquefied a damn Altoid and poured it into my eye socket...had to wash my face, rinse my eyes out with icy water and actually wait 10 min for burning to stop (just to open them again - no joke)....my fault for not reading the instructions but it's lotion, I assume you put it all over your face and move on...I actually do like the way it felt on my skin but it was scary and wasted half the time that I was planning to use for makeup...and to think I paid close to $15 for this experience...I'm on a quest for the perfect summer moisturizer for dry skin that would NOT be like pouring ammonia into my eyes
A few topics here:
If your face is burning and or itching, gently exfoliate your face and rinse. If you put lotion on after that and it burns and keeps burning, then wash it off and put a small amount of hydrocorisone cream 1% and that should help it quite a bit.
Years ago may dermatologist gave me a cream called Candermyl. (Candermyl Cream for dry, sensitive skin contains non-ionic liposomes which penetrate into the stratum coreum layer of the skin where they slowly dissolve and release moisture) It was the most amazing stuff ever, but unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Well it contains liposomes which help deliver the payload into your skin. That cream actually made you look younger. But, anyway I wish I had some now because my face is burning and all lotions burn right now.
I'm also looking at trying CeraVe, hopefully it won't burn.
I have alot of redness on the sides of my nose with itching and flaking, probably dermatitis of some kind. Anyway, putting almost any lotion on that area once it is red and inflammed makes it burn worse. I think that's because all of the exfoliation that has occured due to washing my face several times and the itching has exposed the underlying skin. I guess almost anything would irritate it at that point except for maybe something with only one natural ingredient that would relieve tightness in the skin.
I love this product. It felt light and moisturized my dry/sensitive skin. I did not feel the burning sensation at all when I used this product. The only thing I don't like is the shininess after you apply the product but it disappeared in about ten minutes and absorbed into my skin quite fast.
I recommend this product if you have dry/sensitive skin.
I experienced slight burning but my skin has a very high tolerance level. overall this moisturized pretty well.. but i warn you. do not apply this under makeup, your foundation will slip off easily and you'll look like a frying pan, trust me.
I wanted to like this moisturizer, my friends were telling me how good it was.. But it didn't work at all for me. I have a very sensitive skin, and when I applied it, it burned my skin a little. It also made me break out a lot, especially on my cheeks, where I usually never break out! I prefer Spectro Gel over Cetaphil... But I started using natural products and my skin looks way better. Also I felt that my skin wasn't moisturized at all with Cetaphil... I wouldn't really recommend it, unless your skin isn't really sensitive. I think that it would be good for people with "normal skin." A good point about this moisturizer though, is the SPF! And that it's not too expensive.
It has nice moisturizing properties, unfortunately it burns my skin. I am using Aveeno Positively Radiant with SPF 15 and I experience no burning.
I have very dry/sensitive skin with eczema.
This stuff sucks. So much. It smells like pure suncreen, burns when applied, and leaves skin looking greasy but still feeling not moisturized enough. Not a good product.
I tried this out years ago, but had the same reaction as many others. Burning, burning, and more burning. After two tries, I tossed it.
I have oily skin and sometimes have dry patches on my skin. And this moisturizer said it was for all skin types and claims that it was lightweight and non-greasy. I heard a lot of dermatologists recommend this product. But right away, I used a tiny bit and it was greasy. I waited for it to set and it still felt so greasy. My chin was really dry when I used this, and when I applied on my chin, it just burned so badly. It has SPF, which I love, but I can't apply this around my eye. It might not burn at first, but if I rub my eye or something it will start to burn like crazy. I really do not like this product, maybe it just didnt work for me since my skin isn't very dry anymore.