July 30, 2014 | 1793 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer did take a little bit to soak in, and MOST of the timeince it did finally soak in, it didn't really leave my skin looking oily, but it was shiny. It's def greasy at first.
It didn't break me out and has protected me from the sun.. one bottle lasts forever.. overall, there's nothing special about it.. I'm still looking for the best SPF that doesn't ever leave you shiny or oily. This just isn't it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

I have been purchasing this for 2 yrs now. And I thought it worked great (since I'm sensitive acne-prone pluus oily skin) anyways as I was using this along with makeup what not. I never really have cleared skin;always breaking out. I experiment with many foundation and poowders, but I have stuck to clinique foundation. I'm thinking to myself my makeup is making me break out. So I kept switching. UNTIL I decided to switch moistuizer.. I saw olay sensitive. I have been using it for about a montth now and I love it. So my point is.. This moisturizer was the cause of my breakout. Now my face is starting to heal. Finally!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this product today because I thought it was the same thing as the other Cetaphil moisturizer that came in the larger package without the pump. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING...or else they changed the formula or something...because the old moisturizer I used when I was younger was fine, if a bit thick. This, as many other reviewers have said, left my face feeling like it was on fire. It's still burning now even after washing it off. Also I looked in the mirror and my pores around my nose looked massive - and appeared to have black heads! While I have acne from hormones, I never get black heads on my nose and my pores are small. Once I exfoliated my nose a little, they were gone. I'm blaming this moisturizer.

Hopefully my face will stop stinging and I won't wake up tomorrow with a lumpy, bee-stung face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by 7upiter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful product. Burns when applied to skin and makes me look like I put Crisco on my face. It also makes me break out with cystic acne. I don't know why doctors recommend Cetaphil products. The "gentle" cleansing lotion isn't gentle at all. This, too causes a burning sensation on my skin and dries it out. Bad stuff. Stay away from Cetaphil products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by misskurdi

i have been using this for more then a year i love it !! its great for all skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ksabha01

I have combination skin that is very sensitive. As many other reviewers have noted, this product can look very greasy and the shininess doesn't really go away. Since I use a tinted moisturizer during the day, I decided to put this to use at night. I wake up with clear, healthy looking (but extremely shiny!) skin, give my face a quick wash, and everything's good! That said, I experienced a slight burning with this initially but have used it so often that it went away. I think my skin just needed to develop a tolerance to it. Just never use it near your eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

i was so disappointed with this product! The first time i used it i got a burning sensation around my forehead and hairline. after a month i saw it sitting on my vanity, so i decided to give it another try, it worked! i thought i finally found the perfect moisturizer for my skin. at first i used three quarters of a pea sized amount on my skin and by midday it left my skin kind of greasy! and i have a SUPER oily t-zone. so i lowered the amount i used. i literally use the TINIEST amount EVER, and i even do the patting motion so its evenly and thinly distributed. STILL i get a greasy t-zone, if i swiped my fingers over my forehead my fingers would be coated in facial oil. im still on the look out for the best moisturizer! on the bright side. the packaging is wonderful! i love the twist and lock thing so you can travel with it without it leaking all over your makeup bag. about the price, i got it for around 14 dollars canadian at my local walmart. its pretty expensive for a product like this.
bottom line. is it horrible? No. is it good? No. is it worth the money? No. so i would say invest in a moisturizer that actually benefits your skin. i would get a more expensive moisturizer that actually works! because in the end if you try out three less expensive moisturizers that dont work, youre just wasting the same amount of money! try something else. for reference. i have normal skin on my cheeks and an oily t-zone. (combination skin). i would NOT repurchase this EVER

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlove17

At first, I thought this product was pretty good. Moisturized nice and didn't leave me greasy. By the afternoon I started to notice little bumps on my cheeks. I woke up the next morning with my face all bumpy, red and swollen. I had an allergic reaction to it!!! :( I bought the one for SENSITIVE skin and it still gave me a reaction. Terrible product, will not buy ever again. WARNING-if you have sensitive skin, DO NOT buy. Very disappointed with this product and will be returning. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it burns like someone's pouring acid into my eyes...I usually stick with Pond's (blue top) but in the summer that makes me look like I've applied Crisco so I wanted to try something less greasy...I have dry skin but once moisturized, it's oily (so combo in theory)...soo, I take a shower and apply this crap and omg, it was like I liquefied a damn Altoid and poured it into my eye socket...had to wash my face, rinse my eyes out with icy water and actually wait 10 min for burning to stop (just to open them again - no joke)....my fault for not reading the instructions but it's lotion, I assume you put it all over your face and move on...I actually do like the way it felt on my skin but it was scary and wasted half the time that I was planning to use for makeup...and to think I paid close to $15 for this experience...I'm on a quest for the perfect summer moisturizer for dry skin that would NOT be like pouring ammonia into my eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by meonhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few topics here:

If your face is burning and or itching, gently exfoliate your face and rinse. If you put lotion on after that and it burns and keeps burning, then wash it off and put a small amount of hydrocorisone cream 1% and that should help it quite a bit.

Years ago may dermatologist gave me a cream called Candermyl. (Candermyl Cream for dry, sensitive skin contains non-ionic liposomes which penetrate into the stratum coreum layer of the skin where they slowly dissolve and release moisture) It was the most amazing stuff ever, but unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Well it contains liposomes which help deliver the payload into your skin. That cream actually made you look younger. But, anyway I wish I had some now because my face is burning and all lotions burn right now.
I'm also looking at trying CeraVe, hopefully it won't burn.

I have alot of redness on the sides of my nose with itching and flaking, probably dermatitis of some kind. Anyway, putting almost any lotion on that area once it is red and inflammed makes it burn worse. I think that's because all of the exfoliation that has occured due to washing my face several times and the itching has exposed the underlying skin. I guess almost anything would irritate it at that point except for maybe something with only one natural ingredient that would relieve tightness in the skin.