Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Mascara

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

You know, this was the second mascara I have ever owned in my life, right after the infamous debacle that is Great Lash. I remember loving the curved wand and I remember it being extremely reliable and dependable. I bought it again on a 50% off sale at my local drugstore, and you know what, it still is all I remembered it to be.

I like the low price point, the curved wand is a nice touch and the formula can thicken without clumping too much, and holds a curl. This is good for a nice "office look", where you want to look somewhat made up but natural at the same time. It's not the Holy Grail of mascaras, but for 5 bucks a pop, you can do much worse. I like it and will repurchase.

on 4/20/2010 11:43:00 AM

Been wearing this for a few days now. No complaints at all. Does not do anything drastic, and I thatís the way I like them! I suppose you could layer it for added enhancement.

It separates, coats well, does not clump, does not smudge. Holds the curl better than any other mascara I have tried (except for maybe Kiss Me Heroine). Comes in brown.

Oh and it's cheap!

Not that great. Clumped up a lot and didn't last long. Wouldn't buy again.

on 4/14/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this mascara a lot. i agree with the reviewer below, this mascara doesn't flake or clump, and it is a rich black color. it is easy to layer on for a thicker lash look. it does what its supposed to do well, and although it isn't quite HG, it is a great product for its price.

on 4/8/2010 3:12:00 PM

I have tried many mascaras but just keep going back to this one! Love the curved brush!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I feel like an idiot for all the money I've spent in the last few years trying to find THE mascara. I finally gave up and decided to grab a tube of this inexpensive, old-school mascara that's been around since before I was born. Turns out, this mascara ROCKS! It is THE mascara. The tube that I got (from Target, color black-brown) was fresh enough that it didn't flake, clump, or dry too fast (where you buy your mascara is as important as what you buy, because if it's not fresh it won't perform). The consistency is perfect...it applies easily without fighting it with a lash comb, no clumps, no flakes or smudging later, top and bottom lashes don't stick together, great volume AND length without looking clumpy and trashy, easy removal. Just perfect...true HG. And the icing on the cake? It's been around forever so probably WON'T be discontinued. Very nice.

on 3/28/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is really good, it gives me a very natural look and not the spidery lashes some other mascaras give me. I took one lippy off because it doesn't hold curl that effectively, but overall I think I will most likely repurchase again.

on 3/17/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cover Girl makes the best mascara, ya'll, period. And it's not necessarily the new-fangled fancy schmancy 'scara that they charge 9 bucks for. It's just as likely that your HG is an older 'scara that hides low on the wall and will put you out 5 bucks.

I tried Professional after finding my HG: CG Super Thick Lash. Professional is just as awesome. It seems to be a bit less volumizing and leans more toward the lengthening and separating aspect. Fantastic for an everyday mascara.

What I love about ALL CG mascaras is their smooth, thicker, slightly drier formula than other brands. You don't have to buy the waterproof version, because the non-wp will stay on your lashes and not smear all over your face. I have the oiliest eyes ever and I get minimal smudging with CG scaras. Sometimes I have to wipe a finger under my eye, maybe twice a day, to get some smudgies. But that's it. Trust me, ya'll, that's fantastic compared to the oil-spill type clean up I have to do with Maybelline and L'Oreal scaras.

My second favorite thing about CG scaras is you don't need an act of congress to take it off. Rub with an oily substance or makeup remover, and voila, gone.

Give these oldies but goodies a try. You just might find your HG.

on 2/24/2010 12:13:00 AM

I love this mascara so much!!! I've always heard good reviews about it but never expected it to be that much better than my other ones. I picked this up at SDM for $7.99 CAN and it ws worth it. I love how it was not clumpy and separated my lashes. My Super Thick Lash was good but did not hold up a curl as well as this one.

Some people might not like it because it doesn't offer too much volume or length but it works very well for everyday mascara. I'll be using this daily because it works so well for me. If you are looking for a natural mascara than this is the one for you. If you are looking for a dramatic look then you are better off somewhere else. The only con is not enough curl!

on 2/23/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This mascara keeps showing up in my cosmetic bag. I've tried so many mascaras but I keep buying this. I usually don't go for Cover Girl too much but this is a pretty reliable product. I've bought VERY BLACK once before it was ok but it had the tendency to smear. Currently I have BLACK and I dont have this problem. My personal go to when I'm tired of experimenting with others.