August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by thegirl112

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is really good, it gives me a very natural look and not the spidery lashes some other mascaras give me. I took one lippy off because it doesn't hold curl that effectively, but overall I think I will most likely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cover Girl makes the best mascara, ya'll, period. And it's not necessarily the new-fangled fancy schmancy 'scara that they charge 9 bucks for. It's just as likely that your HG is an older 'scara that hides low on the wall and will put you out 5 bucks.

I tried Professional after finding my HG: CG Super Thick Lash. Professional is just as awesome. It seems to be a bit less volumizing and leans more toward the lengthening and separating aspect. Fantastic for an everyday mascara.

What I love about ALL CG mascaras is their smooth, thicker, slightly drier formula than other brands. You don't have to buy the waterproof version, because the non-wp will stay on your lashes and not smear all over your face. I have the oiliest eyes ever and I get minimal smudging with CG scaras. Sometimes I have to wipe a finger under my eye, maybe twice a day, to get some smudgies. But that's it. Trust me, ya'll, that's fantastic compared to the oil-spill type clean up I have to do with Maybelline and L'Oreal scaras.

My second favorite thing about CG scaras is you don't need an act of congress to take it off. Rub with an oily substance or makeup remover, and voila, gone.

Give these oldies but goodies a try. You just might find your HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara so much!!! I've always heard good reviews about it but never expected it to be that much better than my other ones. I picked this up at SDM for $7.99 CAN and it ws worth it. I love how it was not clumpy and separated my lashes. My Super Thick Lash was good but did not hold up a curl as well as this one.

Some people might not like it because it doesn't offer too much volume or length but it works very well for everyday mascara. I'll be using this daily because it works so well for me. If you are looking for a natural mascara than this is the one for you. If you are looking for a dramatic look then you are better off somewhere else. The only con is not enough curl!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by amariet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara keeps showing up in my cosmetic bag. I've tried so many mascaras but I keep buying this. I usually don't go for Cover Girl too much but this is a pretty reliable product. I've bought VERY BLACK once before it was ok but it had the tendency to smear. Currently I have BLACK and I dont have this problem. My personal go to when I'm tired of experimenting with others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kikilovescats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good default mascara. I like it because if I rub my eyes, it doesn't make me look like a raccoon, It just sort of wears off. That being said, touch-ups are necessary once or twice a day. It doesn't seem to give a false eyelash look. So if that's what you're looking for,this isn't for you. However, if you are looking for a natural look, this product is perfect. It's very build-able and hardly clumps. if used with a lash comb it is perfect. I am very satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lucylove14

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good, everyday mascara at a good price. I really love the curved wand, especially. This makes me lashes looks SO long. It is better for a natural look though, because it does not make my lashes look very thick. It would be good for a more dramatic look if you combined it with another mascara for volume. Overall, this mascara is great for length and doesn't really smudge. I would recommend it for anybody who needs a good, cheap simple mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by frozen_rain

I am so mad at myself for not having tried this mascara before. Granted, it is not perfect, but neither am I. :)
So mascara generally annoys me to death. With previous brands, some days, it looks perfect. Others...not so much. I was tired of being in relationships with mascaras that were bi-polar. Finally, I stumbled upon CG Professional, thanks to MUA. This mascara, though humble and nothing dramatic, is truly one of the best I've tried. (and I have tried many).
Pros:
FANTASTIC formula --non clumping, non-drying, smudge-free
Great definition
Awesome brush --holds it shape, distributes product evenly
Long-lasting day wear
Holds curl
Lengthens
Long-lasting tube

Cons:
Minimal volumizing
Minimal thickening

SO. To conclude, I use this baby UNDERNEATH a volumizing mascara (I use Loreal Voluminous), which gives me the perfect look I'm going for: full, defined lashes with virtually no clumping that lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a gem! This is a really honest product - a great, non smudging every day mascara. It does what it says, nothing more nothing less. Cover Girl is also one of the few DS lines that offers brown - not black brown, but brown. Which I prefer to make my green eyes shine. I really enjoy using this mascara. If you want bells & whistles, go somewhere else. If you're looking for honesty, welcome this baby with open arms.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by karenkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a solid mascara It doesn't flake or smudge and super easy to put on. It goes on very naturally (doesn't look clumpy), and builds well. No wonder it has such good ratings, I can see why! :) I like how the packaging isn't massive and bright orange like the CG Lash Blast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe all these years of wearing m/u I have never tried this mascara. With the high rating and positive reviews I had to purchase it and even got it on sale for $3.99. I really like using this mascara!! I achieve great results every time. It is very buildable and gives my lashes length, volume, and curl (I do use the curved wand) in a few coats. No flaking, smudging, or smearing through out the day. I will definitely be picking this up as another mascara staple in my m/u bag. Thanks MUA!!