July 31, 2014 | 1320 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueengirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not totally sure about my opinion but it seemed to make my skin smooth I dont think it REALLY helped I think I should just look at the product that works best for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ultravixen

I love this product. I lather in on with cool water and continue to lather for a few minutes. Then I rinse with cold water and WOW! My skin looks smooth and poreless...no kidding! I only use this once every second day as it is a little drying. But I love it!! It's my HG of scrubs!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2005 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Chrysynthia2

I've been using this for about 6 months and I'm very happy with it, I've noticed that my skin is as clear/clearer than it was when I used Proactive, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper and lasts a lot longer. The only thing I don't like is that the dark spots on my cheeks from past breakouts take longer to disappear than they did when I used Proactive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

This does not eliminate blackheads.. it simply just makes your skin hurt! i used this before and it serioulsy is sooo grainy, to the point it hurts! Other products work better.. especially their pore refining cleanser or even the 60 sec mask.. less grainy..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Jatoria

No, it does not eliminate blackheads and I tend to agree with a previous reviewer in that nothing will. However, I do believe it has helped minimize my pore's appearance followed up with a swiping of L'Oreal step 2 pore tightening toner(it really does remove every last trace of dirt and makeup).
This is a morning staple for me and kept in the shower where my dh uses it too and I notice the same results in his skin too..Very soft, smooth, and a glow. I love the light fragrance and so far for the 3 months I've been using it has not given me any problems with my sensitive/combination/acne proned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 9:58:00 AM More reviews by s3dated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Great for my oily skin. Reduces the amount of oil on my face and shrinks my pores. The scrub is very deep-cleaning also. Rinse off with cold water for best results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. I was looking for a product that would unclog my pores when I bought this. This did the job. It didn't take away all the clogged pores, but it definately made a difference. I have been using this daily for about 4 days. My skin is so much more even and smooth! My skin used to be kind of blotchy and uneven before. I guess this is just what my skin needed!**UPDATE**I've been mixing this with C&C Morning Burst Facial Cleanser and using it 2x a day. This scrub also makes the C&C cleanser less drying. Now I rarely break out, I don't get as many zits as I used to. HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2004 5:30:00 AM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't eliminate blackheads (no scrub does, you'll have to extract it by force) but it does make them less visible and keeps them from getting worse. I like it because it's just about the right level of abrasiveness for a scrub (I use St. Ives Medicated Apricot scrub at night and sometimes it feels a bit harsh) and works well with the Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. In the morning, I like to use this scrub, deep clean cream cleanser, blackhead eliminating toner as my cleaning routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2004 11:24:00 PM More reviews by bryants3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really mixed feelings about this scrub. I like how it cleans my face; it goes on really easily and really scrubs at my pores and skin. The menthol helps it feel tingly and extra clean when it's over. I have dry/sensitive skin, and this was not too overdrying and didn't irritate my skin (however, I always use a moisturizer when I'm done). On the other hand, I don't notice any real change in my skin. It doesn't help control breakouts; I still see new zits appearing on my face everyday. And for being a "blackhead eliminating" scrub, I still see several new blackheads appearing. I probably won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by StaceyMcGill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scrub is terrific. I have combination acne-prone skin (non-cystic) and this has been great at keeping blackheads and little red bumps at bay, although I'm not sure how effective it is on clearing acne you already have. Smells vaguely citrusy, very pleasant. It feels very cooling going on, and the little orange beads are very gentle. It's actually very relaxing to massage this on my face for a few minutes. Afterward my skin feels much smoother and very refreshed. It's a daily scrub, but I use it 4 or 5 times a week, and it's plenty. Although my tube has been going fast because I've gotten my brother hooked on it too!