Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

3.3

on 11/7/2006 11:21:00 PM

This may be an excellent product for some, but my skin is pretty sensitive and I found that it really irritated my skin. I don't ever use scrubs as scrubs exactly, since my skin does act up on occasion. I usually just smooth on the scrub and let it set for a few minutes to get some mild exfoliation started, then rinse off. Even without scrubbing with this product, I found my skin was red and irritated and even noticed some broken capillaries on my nose immediately after rinsing. As I said, this is probably a great scrub for some, but for those with sensitive skin, I'd advise caution.

on 11/7/2006 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for a great cleanser, with bha, and round manual exfoliaters, in one product, and have found it here.
I have Oily/ance prone,sensitive skin.(I use this about 2x a week)
This has a nice thick consistancy,that is easy to spread. It reminds me of Clinique's mousse cleaser's
It leaves my skin smooth,clean and not tight feeling.
It comes in a handy and sanitary flip top tube. I will definately repurchase.

on 10/28/2006 11:44:00 PM

I am extremely critical towards products that claim they get rid of blackheads. Blackheads to me have always been my chronic skin problem since I was in elementary school. Needless to say, I am always skeptical and I indeed suggest that anyone with numerous blackheads should have them extracted by a facialist immediately.

But we all can't book a date with a spa so I want to suggest a product I discovered on accident...again. (I always have a tendancey to "discover" the best products when I'm not thinking about products). This scrub does the trick. i do use it once a day mixed with my Dove cleanser but that's a really small price to pay for my now blackhead-free skin.

on 10/27/2006 8:59:00 AM

this is a terrible terrible product. i used it everyday for a week on only my nose (where i had the most blackheads) and i got a huge pimple. i have clear skin (with slightly clogged pores on tzone) and haven't had a single break out in over 6 mos. i only bought this scrub in hopes that it would help clear my tiny blackheads. what a mistake! i was sooo upset when i got the pimple right on my nose. i am directly blaming this product for my pimple. as you can tell, i am still very mad... :/

on 10/21/2006 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like this daily scrub. I use it every morning. Feels gentle, so for oily skin types with pores use it more often like every day or every second day. Cleans the pores ok, not as good as a normal scrub that I use 2-3 times/week. So Im going to continue to use my normal scrubs 2 times a week. Cheap, so Im going to buy it again.

on 10/13/2006 7:08:00 AM

This really works for me, I've got alot of blackheads on my nose and chin, but after usuing this for about a week, my skin looks much better! I also like that it doesn't make my skin go dry, and the price makes it even better =)

on 9/26/2006 11:04:00 PM

Well, I only tried this once. I was dog-sitting for a relative and she had this on her sink. This cleanser doesn't foam, and that always makes me feel like I'm not getting my makeup off. Unfortunately I didn't have any toner with me to test this. I did like the small beads, and my skin felt pretty smooth. So I guess I'm kind of on the fence about this.

on 9/26/2006 7:12:00 PM

This product was just horrible for my skin! It made me break out completely! I got pimples on my nose and I don't get pimples on my nose usually! It also made me very dry and nothing happened to my blackheads! I will not repurchase. ~~jax

on 8/31/2006 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product cause me breakouts. =( i should have learned my lessons the neutrogena's scrubs not good for my skin.. Good thing i bought this half the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I inherited my first tube of this from my sister. I was hesitant to use this at first cause it's a scrub and knowing my skin (its sensitive to scrubs, will break out easily) I thought I would break out something horrible. Well I decided to give it a try anyway. I gently massaged some into my skin and more so around my nose and jaw area where I tend to develop blackheads. I usually shower or bathe for about 5 minutes first before applying to let the warm water open my pores. Its been about 2 months that I have been using this regularly. I am impressed because during my TOTM I usually break out pretty bad. This stuff has kept my skin normal looking. I am in love! No other products have given me clear skin like this for my TOTM time. It hasn't cleared up the small annoying blackheads on my nose completely (but they are smaller and less noticable) but just the simple fact that it has been gentle enough to my skin while keeping cystic zits away are impressive to me. I will definately keep buying this as long as they keep making it. :D Oh and its cheap. Roughly $5 @ Walmart for a decent sized tube.