December 18, 2014 | 1400 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jf813

I am extremely critical towards products that claim they get rid of blackheads. Blackheads to me have always been my chronic skin problem since I was in elementary school. Needless to say, I am always skeptical and I indeed suggest that anyone with numerous blackheads should have them extracted by a facialist immediately.

But we all can't book a date with a spa so I want to suggest a product I discovered on accident...again. (I always have a tendancey to "discover" the best products when I'm not thinking about products). This scrub does the trick. i do use it once a day mixed with my Dove cleanser but that's a really small price to pay for my now blackhead-free skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by haanchooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a terrible terrible product. i used it everyday for a week on only my nose (where i had the most blackheads) and i got a huge pimple. i have clear skin (with slightly clogged pores on tzone) and haven't had a single break out in over 6 mos. i only bought this scrub in hopes that it would help clear my tiny blackheads. what a mistake! i was sooo upset when i got the pimple right on my nose. i am directly blaming this product for my pimple. as you can tell, i am still very mad... :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2006 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like this daily scrub. I use it every morning. Feels gentle, so for oily skin types with pores use it more often like every day or every second day. Cleans the pores ok, not as good as a normal scrub that I use 2-3 times/week. So Im going to continue to use my normal scrubs 2 times a week. Cheap, so Im going to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ellabella84

This really works for me, I've got alot of blackheads on my nose and chin, but after usuing this for about a week, my skin looks much better! I also like that it doesn't make my skin go dry, and the price makes it even better =)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by northdakota84

Well, I only tried this once. I was dog-sitting for a relative and she had this on her sink. This cleanser doesn't foam, and that always makes me feel like I'm not getting my makeup off. Unfortunately I didn't have any toner with me to test this. I did like the small beads, and my skin felt pretty smooth. So I guess I'm kind of on the fence about this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by faedreams79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was just horrible for my skin! It made me break out completely! I got pimples on my nose and I don't get pimples on my nose usually! It also made me very dry and nothing happened to my blackheads! I will not repurchase. ~~jax

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2006 4:00:00 AM More reviews by reishi

This product cause me breakouts. =( i should have learned my lessons the neutrogena's scrubs not good for my skin.. Good thing i bought this half the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I inherited my first tube of this from my sister. I was hesitant to use this at first cause it's a scrub and knowing my skin (its sensitive to scrubs, will break out easily) I thought I would break out something horrible. Well I decided to give it a try anyway. I gently massaged some into my skin and more so around my nose and jaw area where I tend to develop blackheads. I usually shower or bathe for about 5 minutes first before applying to let the warm water open my pores. Its been about 2 months that I have been using this regularly. I am impressed because during my TOTM I usually break out pretty bad. This stuff has kept my skin normal looking. I am in love! No other products have given me clear skin like this for my TOTM time. It hasn't cleared up the small annoying blackheads on my nose completely (but they are smaller and less noticable) but just the simple fact that it has been gentle enough to my skin while keeping cystic zits away are impressive to me. I will definately keep buying this as long as they keep making it. :D Oh and its cheap. Roughly $5 @ Walmart for a decent sized tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2006 2:19:00 PM More reviews by curlykat

This product is very good. I have combination skin and seem to have a rash of tiny breakouts on my forhead, blackheads covering my nose and the odd blemish on my chin. After using this product for 2 days (on my T zone only) my skin is amazing! No rash on my forehead, absolutely clear skin on my chin AND the blackheads on the top of my nose have all but gone. As for the sides of my nose the blackheads are still visisble but greatly diminished. So I guess the product does do what it says. I live in the south and I usually have to blot my nose and cheeks every 2 hours. After using this product for on week I can now blot every 5 hours which is pretty amazing! Give it a try, for $5 you can't go wrong. I also didn't find it too harsh.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by odonnelllauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw the great advert for this on TV and thought I would try it.

It was a waste of money! It didn't get rid of ANY of the blackheads on my nose. I thought I could still use it as a face exfoliator even if it didn't improve my blackheads/spots .. but it's too harsh for any other part of your face. :(

It did not make any difference to my skin. There are LOTS of other scrubs that work WAYYY better.