October 22, 2014 | 1018 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Georgia ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap, used it a few times, and then set it aside, not sure quite what to do with it. Though my skin tone is very light this barely showed up on me, and at the time I was looking for something with a little more color.

Fast-forward a year or two later. I never put this back up for swap because I had agreed to receive it in beat-up condition (packaging, that is) and thus doubted that it would swap well. I'm glad I didn't let go of it after all! I noticed a difference when I applied this over my setting powder, before applying blush. The effect was very subtle but noticeable. My face looked fresher, slightly more luminous, closer to that peaches-and-cream complexion that I have always wanted. This works beautifully in combination with peach, peachy-pink, or beige-neutral blushes. I have used Georgia as a base for Bobbi Brown Clementine, Laura Mercier Orange Blossom, and Lancome Miel Glace, for example, and again, the effect is subtle but it's there. I think it has the effect of softening the texture of my cheeks - the tiny bit of shimmer (shimmer really isn't even the word to describe it) does something to the way light reflects on my skin. It also has a sweet delicate scent, which I like.

I have spent a lot of time and words describing a product that I like a lot but consider in no way truly essential. That said, when I run out (which will be a long time given how much product is in the box) I will strongly consider repurchasing. This is a very unique product, and the only comparable products I can think of readily are some of MAC's more subtle beauty powders. I cannot imagine anyone with anything but a very pale skin tone using this with any effect. There is something Georgia does to warm up and soften the appearance of my skin and somehow make my cheeks look prettier with blush on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

A beautiful soft peach face brightener. I use it mainly on my cheeks for that soft healthy peach glow =) It smells delish!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by booglass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a bigger fan of dandelion. I like georgia though I use it those days when I want to stay low key. It's a superb little face brightening blush. Very subtle. Long lasting. Wears well throughout the day. Not a daily staple though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really think ppl rate this item unfairly as a blush when it is SUPERB when used as a highlight (as it says to on the back) it's great just as an instant out the door natural pick-me-up. instead of matting on powder so u have the SAME cakey color allover your face, a light dusting of this in certain areas give your face a brighter, more awake color that's completely natural.
    product smells great too! (altho i'd ditch the brush and use another kind for application)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

Alot of people are saying this isnít a blush and im going to set it straight. You can use it as a very faint light blush (i have fair skin so i can imagine it not showing up on darker skin colours). When it comes to makeup of course you can use it as a blush if it works well with your complexion! You dont have to always follow what the label says. It also works really well as a full face powder but thats upto you. Personally i love it as a really faint natural peach blush. i find face powders over the whole face to much and a bit drying. Anyway the colour is very nice and glowey i would recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by weemaggi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had ths product for a while now and i love it! I'm fair skinned myself and was looking for a powder to seal my makeup that didnt look like i'd sneezed in a bowl of flour. This product was PERFECT! Because it's a sweet little peachy colour it matches the shade of my foundation perfectly, and even gives a little hint of shimmer to make my face radient. The smell is gorgeous too as is the packaging. It goes on evenly and stays on all day without going patchy like alot of other powders do. I usually apply it after foundation with a big powder brush all over my face then add a little more over my blusher to blend it in. For those who say it doesn't so anything, I think it depends what you are buying the powder for. If your looking for a complete difference to your makeup, this isnt the one. It's just a funky little sweet smelling powder if you fancy treating yourself! The only reason I've takin a lippie off is because its SO expensive, but we all know we're going to spend too much when we go to benefit counters.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by onlyprada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

why do so many people think this is suppose to be a blush...as mentioned before..it is not...its just a face powder which gives your skin a peachy glow, you can even use it to set ur makeup...
    so i really love this product for what its ment to be, a great facepowder, it does give my skin a beautiful peachy glow and i love this over peach toned blushes too...PLUS it smells amazing...best sent ever...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

To echo the general sentiment on here: this is not a blush, but actually, an all over. I LOVE this product!! I love the smell, the smooth way it applies, this light shimmer of color infused onto my skin. I love layering this product with Stila's convertible colors on my cheeks. It adds a very pretty highlighting effect. The box isn't m/u bag friendly, but I don't absolutely hate the shape. I don't even hate the brush that comes with the powder, but I do prefer to use a different brush for better application. This was given to me as a gift so I can't comment fairly on the price, but I do think $28 is a little absurd. Hopefully, this will last a long time to off-set such a high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

initially, i wasn't going to buy georgia because it had some negative reviews, but i decided to give it a go anyway. i'm glad i did! the first time i tried it, it made my face look really chalky...you definitely need to use a big fluffy brush with this. i use it after my foundation or pressed powder....the same way i would use bronzer. then i put a bit of pinky peach blush on the apples of my cheeks and i look glowing. i'm of the opinion that you need a light hand with this, as you don't want to look unnaturally peach. but it is a lovely color and works well on my light skin to warm things up a bit. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by pepsi76

Bought this the other day on impulse just because the packaging is so cute!
    I definitely shouldn't have bothered though. I thought this stuff was a blush but apparently not (after having read everyone elses reviews). It gives the slightest bit of colour and shimmer which I guess is nice when you're going for a more natural "I'm not wearing any makeup" makeup look. I'll continue using it just because it's something new but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.