October 25, 2014 | 1596 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a basic cleanser that foams up like crazy and does the job for me. i don't know if it actually brightens. :)

the price is very high, but considering the fact that you only need a TINY amount to cover your face and neck, it's worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by eskiqt21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product to be very gentle and yet it still took off my makeup. I noticed some brightening after using this product for a while, but I am sure a loition would do better at brightening because it is on for longer. I enjoyed the soft sent whenever I washed my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by superficialbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

-overcleanses
-overdrying
-unsuitable for sensitive skin
-irritates acne

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by wieniawski

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It cleanse really well without any irritation...That's all I am asking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as the cleaning goes, I really like this cleansing foam -- it gets very foamy with just a little bit of product :) I have the entire line and I don't feel that it did much for me as far as "brightening" goes, and for the price, it was an okay product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved the foaming action of this cleanser. Got it in a sample kit, but it dried out my sensitive skin after only one use. Did not remove my light makeup as I had hoped. Thought I'd try it on a whim - promptly went back to the store, returned!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I bought this over a week ago, and to my surprise, it has become a HG cleanser for me! I know, $45CND for a cleanser, I must be nuts, right? Well, I'm glad I bought it! It cleans my skin and makes it smooth and not dry [after i take off my makeup with my shu uemura cleansing oil]. This leaves my skin super clean and not dry! It is amazing. It even got rid of those nasty dry spots I had on my forehead and cheecks, and keeps my skin hydrated and not tight-feeling. I follow it up with my White Lucent Emulsion SPF16, and my skin is ready for makeup!!

I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, who can't use anything harsh, but wants their skin feeling clean without any drying effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by morboispleased

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally tend to like Shiseido's products quite a bit, and this one is no exception. It's a good foamy cleanser and doesn't leave a reside or overstrip my skin. However, I seriously doubt it's on the skin long enough to have any real brightening ability. But it's a good cleanser nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by scribbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Use LESS than a pea-sized amount! A TINY bit goes a long way.

No filmy residue, and I feel like it tightens my pores! My face does look slightly brightened after the wash. I use this in conjunction with the softener and moisturizing gel. I love all Shiseido cleansers - never harsh, always pleasant-smelling, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleanser. No whitening or brightening effect, but I was not looking for that. Leaves no residue or film like The Skincare line's Extra Gentle Foaming Cleanser and does not irritate my skin like the The Skincare line's other cleansers. RInses off squeaky clean and is suprisingly non-irritating and non-drying on my sensitive, thin skin. I only like foaming cleansers, and this is the best out of all I've tried. It is comparable in price to the Benefiance Foaming Cleanser (another love) but feels less heavy and is more gentle. I follow up with the Pureness toner (another favorite) and could not be happier.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No