November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my absolute HG cleanser. I discovered this product by accident. I was staying at a friend's place and decided to try out her cleanser (without permission shh!). It was the Shiseido White Lucent foam. I was amazed the first time I used it at how SQUEAKY clean it left my face! Literally! When you rinse the product off your hands and face, you can feel and hear the squeak! It left my face feeling very clean yet not dry and tight feeling at all. After that, I immediately purchased my own. It's a bit steep, $33 for a cleanser, but I think it's well worth it. You only use a tiny amount and add a little bit of water for the product to foam up and spread. It's not a liquid, soft type of foam either. It's thick.

I asked my father to try out this cleanser as well because I was curious to know how it works for him. He has very oily skin and bad skin (with the indented acne scars as well). He can just squeeze his skin and gunk will come out of his pores with ease (gross!). He tried using the Shiseido cleanser at night and told me that the next morning, he tried squeezing his cheeks and no gunk! :D

Okay, so basically this product makes your face very very clean. But I'll admit that as far as the brightening aspect goes, I don't know. I haven't noticed anything drastic, but I also have not been paying close attention since that wasn't my expectation from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a basic cleanser that foams up like crazy and does the job for me. i don't know if it actually brightens. :)

the price is very high, but considering the fact that you only need a TINY amount to cover your face and neck, it's worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by eskiqt21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product to be very gentle and yet it still took off my makeup. I noticed some brightening after using this product for a while, but I am sure a loition would do better at brightening because it is on for longer. I enjoyed the soft sent whenever I washed my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by superficialbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

-overcleanses
-overdrying
-unsuitable for sensitive skin
-irritates acne

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by wieniawski

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It cleanse really well without any irritation...That's all I am asking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as the cleaning goes, I really like this cleansing foam -- it gets very foamy with just a little bit of product :) I have the entire line and I don't feel that it did much for me as far as "brightening" goes, and for the price, it was an okay product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved the foaming action of this cleanser. Got it in a sample kit, but it dried out my sensitive skin after only one use. Did not remove my light makeup as I had hoped. Thought I'd try it on a whim - promptly went back to the store, returned!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I bought this over a week ago, and to my surprise, it has become a HG cleanser for me! I know, $45CND for a cleanser, I must be nuts, right? Well, I'm glad I bought it! It cleans my skin and makes it smooth and not dry [after i take off my makeup with my shu uemura cleansing oil]. This leaves my skin super clean and not dry! It is amazing. It even got rid of those nasty dry spots I had on my forehead and cheecks, and keeps my skin hydrated and not tight-feeling. I follow it up with my White Lucent Emulsion SPF16, and my skin is ready for makeup!!

I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, who can't use anything harsh, but wants their skin feeling clean without any drying effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by morboispleased

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally tend to like Shiseido's products quite a bit, and this one is no exception. It's a good foamy cleanser and doesn't leave a reside or overstrip my skin. However, I seriously doubt it's on the skin long enough to have any real brightening ability. But it's a good cleanser nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by scribbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Use LESS than a pea-sized amount! A TINY bit goes a long way.

No filmy residue, and I feel like it tightens my pores! My face does look slightly brightened after the wash. I use this in conjunction with the softener and moisturizing gel. I love all Shiseido cleansers - never harsh, always pleasant-smelling, too.