July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Update...28/04/14
So I'm not so keen on this anymore. When first applied it looks beautiful and glowy. I do need a couple of layers to build up the coverage, but when I do it looks great. A bit too glowy though, so I have to powder. But throughout the day it starts to seperate on the skin and turn blotchy, patchy and orange. You can see a line of foundation at my jawline when I blended it perfectly beforehand! And my blemishes show through too. Really disappointed with this.

Old review...I have been having real trouble with spots and acne scarring which makes me sad enough, but its even worse when none of my foundations cover them completely so I still see the shadow of where they are the whole day. My nars sheer glow did nothing even with two layers, bourjois healthy mix, even estee lauder double wear still didn't completely cover the scars. But this did! Like magic, they seem to completely disappear. This is the only foundation recently that makes me look like I have perfect skin! And it doesn't wear off either. With my foundations, I get everything covered and then I look in the mirror like 2 hours later and you can totally see my scarring underneath again :/ But this stays put! And you need so little as well. One pump is waaay too much - it can easily do your whole face! And it blends super easy too and I have extremely dry skin. It definitely does live up to its 'super-blendable' name. Its quite a luminous finish, though I do find I need blush to perk up my skin as the shade makes me look a bit sick. The only bad thing I can say is that I haven't found my true match as the colour, w1 is a slight bit dark. But only when compared to my hand, and I hope noone will notice too much... (I'm nc20-25). Another downside is it does emphasise dry patches a bit, but only when you look at a magnifying mirror. And if you have a protruding spot, it gathers around it and doesn't stay on top of it. But I find that concealer easily hides it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

OMG you guys! I love this foundation! I just got it today because i have an event at night and i only had some money left after i bought skin care, so i got this! Im in the color W3. I was really worried at first because its hard to find a true yellow under toned foundation! So i got this and the moment i tried it, it was amazing. The coverage is good, medium. The color is really nice and it just makes my skin look awake!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by X0laurenc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely hated this foundation the first time I tried it. But I kept hearing so many good things about it, that I decided to give it another try. I am very fair (nw15 MAC). The struggle to find a pale enough foundation, that doesn't oxidize and make me look orange, is ridiculous! I tried shade w2 first and hated it! So I went back and tried n1 and hated it! I was beginning to think my shade didn't exist. So then I tried c2, which looked way too pink in the store, but ended up being my perfect match! I apply this with my real techniques makeup sponge or the beauty blender and I love the finish it gives. It lasts a decent amount of time on my skin. I would say it had a medium coverage but it is build able. It's my new HG foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by MissAnnieBeautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just do not like this foundation. At all. Eww.

It looks absolutely HORRIBLE on my skin! It really makes all my scars, pores, fine lines, dry spots ... All that to pop out like no other.

I'm on accutane at the moment. Ive been on it for 6 months now and my acne is really starting to heal. I dont have any active break outs at the moment, just scarring and some redness and large pores. I thought this foundation would be a good one for me once its supposed to be suitable for dry skin. But no.

I gave this foundation a good long try. I went through 2 bottles of it! Actually kind of 4 coz i tried different shades. I primed, i moisturized... I did everything. I was so frustrated coz i thought that beacause of my acne and accutane my face is just going to look horrible no matter what... Until i switched to another foundation and it looked completely fine on me! What a waste of money.

-I dont like the coverage.
-I hate the small tiny glitters it has.
-I dont think its a "true match". Even the yellowest shades were too red or orangey for me.
-I defenitely do not think its a suitable for dry skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by hannah33

I love this foundation it feels so lightweight! It's thin to apply but has a medium coverage which can be buildable. It also has a wide range of colours to choose from. Only downside is that it costs $42 in New Zealand

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this foundation because dita von teese said she used the lightest shade in neutral. (Dumb reason I know) but I figured if it had to be pale enough for her super fair skin it had to work for me right? Wrong! not only was it too dark, it broke me out and oxidized like no ones business.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by swimmermay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful foundation! Amazing colour selection and blends like a dream! It doesn't look like foundation on the skin. The only down side is that I wish that the North American bottles come with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lexibabyyy3

I bought this foundation as a last resort. I am extremely pale but I also have a warm undertone. If you know anything about being pale, you know that it's close to impossible to find a foundation that doesn't have a cooler, more pink undertone. I had looked up a few reviews on this foundation and most of them seemed to be positive. I picked up this foundation from Walgreens in W1 Porcelain and I really really tried to force myself to love this product because of the color match. it was my exact color, but It did nothing to cover my blemishes. Although that's what concealer is for, I still expected more coverage. It also kind of settled into my dry patches and didn't leave my skin to a smooth finish. it also has shimmer in it which am NOT a fan of. this is in no way a bad foundation, I even think it'd be great for more oily/combo skin, but for me, no thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by aggieatheart94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation was somewhat of a last resort for me. I am an oily skinned fair girl with yellow undertones. I bought W2, Light Ivory, which is a WONDERFUL match for my skin tone. The only downside to this product is the way it doesn't suit my skin type. I have to use Rimmel Stay Matte Primer and let it SOAK IN, then apply a thin layer of True Match and set it with a ton of Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. Granted, the end look is beautiful. I still find that throughout the day, this foundation slips and slides over my skin. I will be trying different primers and setting powders to see if I can find a better finish. Also, I notice that if I apply concealer over it on my under eye area, my pores get gigantic. The foundation seems to settle into them, even if I apply Benefit The POREfessional. Some goods and some bads to the product, but for a drugstore foundation that matches my skintone, I'll take it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by absolutelykatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that matches my very-hard-to-duplicate skintone for a long time. I'm pretty much ghostly pale with warm undertones (!) and it's nearly impossible to find foundation that is light enough for me. I've pretty much run the gamot with liquid drugstore foundations and most of the ones that I've tried are just that slight bit too dark for me - or, alternatively, they're so pink-toned that they look ridiculous. I was thrilled when I found this foundation because I FINALLY found foundation that matched my skintone! Hallelujah! The lightest shade in the warm options, Porcelain, is a perfect match for my skintone. Although I'm really impressed with the shade range and I'm thrilled that I found a foundation that was FINALLY light enough for me, this is probably one of the most unfortunate drugstore foundations that I've found. While it is "super-blendable", by about hour six my foundation had completely started to, essentially, bunch up around my cheeks and look like I was PEELING! Not attractive. It also made me look super oily - and I don't have oily skin, by any means. Overall, it gets three lipsticks for having an awesome shade range, living up to its "super blendable" claims, and not oxidizing throughout the day, but I returned it - disintegrating foundatioin is NOT a good look.