October 31, 2014 | 1041 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Shanmac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this a lot -- very nice scent (fruity but not overpowering), and scent is a big deal to me when it comes to hair products. What's really nice about this is it doesn't weigh my hair down. I have long, dark, thick, coarse hair, and I usually go for ultra-moisturizing stuff to keep it from getting dry or frizzy -- and most of that ends up being really heavy conditioners. Retread did the job of conditioning my hair nicely, and it's smooth and doesn't feel heavy. It kind of reminds me of the way it felt when I was a kid -- shiny and smooth, but also light. Good stuff, LUSH.I know a lot of people complain about LUSH's packaging, but I don't mind the container this comes in. It's easy and neat enough and it's more attractive than most LUSH containers. If I traveled with this, I'd probably wrap it tightly, though, because I'd be afraid it might leak.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sammybee

Leaves my hair soft and lovely. I don't notice much of a scent, which is fine. I use it about 3 times a week on my fine, color-treaeted hair, alternating with American Cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I really like this conditioner for my thick, color treated hair. It helps keep it soft and shiney. The packaging could be better but I am happy with the results. I would repurchase. This is the only conditioner they make that works on my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:27:00 PM More reviews by naturalsenses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love LUSH in general, and in fact I drove 200 miles to attend the Holiday forum only party and this was part of my goody bag. The smell is akin to laundry detergent and lasts ALL DAY. I have very short hair, and I could still smell this 24 hours after using it. It seems to be an alright conditioner, but I was so distracted by my smelly hair I couldn't tell.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by teenbear

Fantastic on my fine, flyaway hair! I didn't even need to use any product afterwards. I don't use much at all and only apply to my ends so hopefully it should last for ages. Usual complaint about LUSH's ridiculously crappy packaging - not shower-friendly at all, but otherwise I will continue to purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This could have been really nice conditioner if it didn't smell so unbearably awful, and the smell stays with you all day (and into the next). I also had to use SO much of it to condition my thin, fine, fragile hair that I've already used almost half the tub and it's only been a week. To be honest, it's not a great detangler, and it doesn't seem to stregthen my hair at all. I really love Veganese and American Cream, so I'll stick to those and go back to Kerastase for my deep conditioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

Well, I love LUSH's BIG shampoo, and this really is the conditioner counterpart for it. I love the combination of using both of these together-my hair came out wonderfully silky, full, and clean, and was easy to comb though and style. But-and this is why it loses a star-I have to use a big handful of it to get that result. The first time I tried it, I used the smaller amount that I generally use with Terax Crema, Kerastase Masquintense, etc...and it didn't do the job.I can see me going through this container very quickly, considering the quantity that was effective. The pricey part doesn't bother me, but I send away to Canada for LUSH, so I'll be buying 2 at a time, I can see.
It smells like BIG-which is not a good thing. These smell awful to me, a little too vin-ey and strong. Generally I like the earthy, funky LUSH scents, but this one is not my kind of smell. Still, the results of these products on my hair makes me keep buying them. I like the ingredients....not a lot of crap in them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by AnneMadrid

I love Retread! It is very moisturising and smells like melon and yoghurt. It is the first conditioner that made my curly hair soft and manageable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive had this sitting in my bathroom for AAAGES and after my masqueintense gave me so so results the last time I used it I thought id give it a try. It made my hair lovely soft and full and clean! Unlike most deep conditioners there was no residue. Now its not amazing but its good so ill maybe just use it as a regular conditioner as its not really a treatment as far as the condition of my hair is concerned :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I have wavy, thick, coarse hair that is wavy and tends to frizz. I need a very moisturizing conditioner on a regular basis. I pile this stuff on every week on damp hair after shampooing, cover with a plastic cap, and leave it on for about 20 minutes. LOVE the smell and how it lingers in the hair. The smoothing and conditioning effect for me lasts a few days. Makes my hair soft, shiny, and easier to style. My only complaint is that I wish Lush would rethink their packaging. I know they are trying to achieve a certain image with their choice of tubs for many things, but it is just really impractical, messy, inconvenient, and unsanitary. A tube for this product would work much better.