April 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This could have been really nice conditioner if it didn't smell so unbearably awful, and the smell stays with you all day (and into the next). I also had to use SO much of it to condition my thin, fine, fragile hair that I've already used almost half the tub and it's only been a week. To be honest, it's not a great detangler, and it doesn't seem to stregthen my hair at all. I really love Veganese and American Cream, so I'll stick to those and go back to Kerastase for my deep conditioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

Well, I love LUSH's BIG shampoo, and this really is the conditioner counterpart for it. I love the combination of using both of these together-my hair came out wonderfully silky, full, and clean, and was easy to comb though and style. But-and this is why it loses a star-I have to use a big handful of it to get that result. The first time I tried it, I used the smaller amount that I generally use with Terax Crema, Kerastase Masquintense, etc...and it didn't do the job.I can see me going through this container very quickly, considering the quantity that was effective. The pricey part doesn't bother me, but I send away to Canada for LUSH, so I'll be buying 2 at a time, I can see.
It smells like BIG-which is not a good thing. These smell awful to me, a little too vin-ey and strong. Generally I like the earthy, funky LUSH scents, but this one is not my kind of smell. Still, the results of these products on my hair makes me keep buying them. I like the ingredients....not a lot of crap in them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by AnneMadrid

I love Retread! It is very moisturising and smells like melon and yoghurt. It is the first conditioner that made my curly hair soft and manageable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive had this sitting in my bathroom for AAAGES and after my masqueintense gave me so so results the last time I used it I thought id give it a try. It made my hair lovely soft and full and clean! Unlike most deep conditioners there was no residue. Now its not amazing but its good so ill maybe just use it as a regular conditioner as its not really a treatment as far as the condition of my hair is concerned :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I have wavy, thick, coarse hair that is wavy and tends to frizz. I need a very moisturizing conditioner on a regular basis. I pile this stuff on every week on damp hair after shampooing, cover with a plastic cap, and leave it on for about 20 minutes. LOVE the smell and how it lingers in the hair. The smoothing and conditioning effect for me lasts a few days. Makes my hair soft, shiny, and easier to style. My only complaint is that I wish Lush would rethink their packaging. I know they are trying to achieve a certain image with their choice of tubs for many things, but it is just really impractical, messy, inconvenient, and unsanitary. A tube for this product would work much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by corinelyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think i love the smell more than what it was actually suppose to do for my hair. i got asked what was the name of the perfume was by the girls at work everyone liked the smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My tub of Retread conditioner must have come from a bad batch, that’s the only way I can explain it.. Surely, no company would set out INTENTIONALLY to make a product smell like this. Now, bear with me, but do you know what it smelled like? A stinky hotel room that was once designated as a smoking room, but that they’ve tried, unsuccessfully, to air out and use as a non-smoking room. I swear, I almost gagged when I first smelled this conditioner. But inexplicable smelliness aside, I spent money on this jar o’ crap, and I wasn’t about to throw it away without at least trying it. After all, maybe the results would be SO amazing I’d forgive the God-awful stench. No such luck. I ended up with blah-looking hair that smelled like stale cigarettes (a putrid, stomach-turning smell to a non-smoker like myself). Even my husband, who doesn’t usually notice scents, said, “Ew – what’s that smell?” My sentiments exactly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just an OK, strong smelling conditioner. To me it smells clean and floral, but I am not loving the fact that I smell it all day (more on the smell in a minute). I purchased it along with BIG shampoo to use together. The results I see are minimal...a little bit of volume; smooth, soft hair, but nothing to write home about. For the price, I was expecting much more dramatic results on my fine, wavy hair. As for the smell, it is unusual, you will either love it or hate it. It is herbal, woodsy, a little grassy, but clean smelling. The smell lasts all day, so if you do not like it, you are stuck with it until your next shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Lasercheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Canada for about $ 25.00. I have to admitt that's a pretty steep price for conditioner but with my hair being color-processed and bleached every few months, I needed something that would help heal my hair, and this stuff does the trick. The smell is a little different but I wouldn't say it is a bad scent, just something to get used to. The only real downfall to this product is the amount that you have to use. To get the real effects, you have to use a fairly generous amount, and you want to make sure you fully wash it out! This could get spendy, considering the packaging is small. I loved it though. It made my brittle platinum hair feel silky again, and I don't have to use it everyday, just 2-3 times a week. I would buy this again, even if I do have to pay 25 dollars for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I love using this conditioner! It's sooooo thick, it comes in a black pot and it smells very fresh. The best way to use it (according to me!) is use The Strokes and Rehab with it.
First apply The strokes on your dry hair, leave it in for about 30 minutes, wash out with Rehab and condition with Retread. It makes my hair soft, shiny and easy to brush and model.