November 21, 2014 | 1685 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Uses I like for vaseline:

Tinted lip balm. Got a favourite lipstick that you have come to the end of and there is that little bit left in the tube that you can't just apply straight to your lips. You could use a lip brush to get it out OR get a left over lip balm container that is clean, scoop out the remaining lipstick (the thin handle of a teaspoon works well), pop it in the empty container. fill 2/3rds of remaining container with vaseline and seal container, immerse container in hot water for several minutes, till melted, then remove container and mix (either by shaking or stirring) carefully (mixture will be HOT) and hey presto tinted lip balm in favourite shade.

Clear lip balm

Overnight treatment: I have very sensitive cheeks that get dry, flaky and red and inflamed. I put this on overnight over the top of my moisturiser and it dramatically reduces dryness, redness and irritation and does not clog my acne prone skin. It is a bit messy, but it works!

Eyebrow gel

Makeup remover: I wear a matte long lasting liquid foundation that is impossible to budge with normal cleansers. Oil type cleansers did the trick but irritated my skin, drying it out and clogging it. I massage this into my face with some water and then massage my foaming Clinique mild liquid soap over the top and it removes everything, and leaves my skin feeling clean but not dried out. It doesn't feel like there is a residue either.

Protector: when you are at home with a cold and your nose is chapped and red - slather this on around your nose. It puts a barrier between you and the tissue, and helps moisturise the chapped skin and reduce redness. You do have to reapply if you wipe your nose vigourously, but it is the only thing that helps prevent the damage and mitigate it, in my experience. Would probably also help with nappy rash.

Eye make up remover - meh, didn't like, too much rubbing, but everything else, it works great and is so cheap.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This does NOT work for my dry chapped lips. Been trying to put it on everyday just because everyone likes it for that simple purpose but it does nothing but sit on top of my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a 50 g tub of Vaseline from Save-On-Foods for $2.49 CAD. I don't have dry skin, but I assume Vaseline would be a good staple to have around. The compact packaging makes this extra portable, and the side indents make it easy to open. So far I've only used a minute amount to remove eye makeup (similar to makeup eraser pencils).

I've read that some people are concerned about bacteria build up due to the design of the packaging. I suppose using a sterile applicator would resolve that issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sajj38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have dry anything really, but when after I've been swimming for a long time my skin gets really dry. I put this on at night and the nest day my skin is as good as new.
Also use this as a eye cream/ eye gel at night. Works just as well as some more expensive eye creams. Don't use it during the day because it's too greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have dry skin, so I use Vaseline to make my eye base.
I crush up some wet n wild pressed powder and mix it with some vaseline and it works wonders as a primer. I wore it under my dark brown today and I had PE in the 80 degree weather and it is still on just like when I did it this morning. Awesome money saver!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

~ I adore Vaseline, but not for obvious reasons. I love using it as an eyeshadow base. Many people like it for dry areas like knees and elbows, I to also like it for this reason but since I don't get to dry in those areas I don't need it often. Anywho I like using Vaseline as an eyeshadow base because it picks up eyeshadow colors extremely well, I only like using it for lid colors of course- and you only need the tiniest amount and your set. It beats out a lot of HE primers out there. For example if I use Vaseline as a base and I wash off my makeup at night my eyeshadow is literally waterproof! I need to work really hard to get off the eyeshadow completely. I buy this in little mini packages so I can store it nice and compact in my MU bag. this is a great little gem! ♥ :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I love vaseline...it clears cracked heels, soothes my chapped lips, and even smoothes the under eye area when i wake up with crepiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemissorangepenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love vaseline. My lips have become allergic to the majority of lip balms out there so my doctor told me to try vaseline. Omigosh it moisturizes so well AND it works as a lip gloss too! It also removes my eye makeup easily. I have been meaning to try it on my feet for a while now but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I like getting the travel size ones though so it's easier for me to re-apply when I'm not home.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by dempsj

This product is not bad, but not brilliant. I used to use it as a lip balm but found that I had to re-apply it every 30 minutes. It just evaporates! It's good on your feet provided you're wearing socks (otherwise you'll leave greasy sploges all over the house) and elbows too. I don't find it removes makeup very well at all, but I do use waterproof products. I don't think I'll ever need to re-purchase this as the tub lasts for so long!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Vaseline! It does everything! :D
I don't like the tub though, it doesn't seem very sanitary. I'm the only one who uses it but I'm paranoid somethings going to start growing in it if theres a lot of bacteria floating around in there :P Still love it though.