July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemissorangepenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love vaseline. My lips have become allergic to the majority of lip balms out there so my doctor told me to try vaseline. Omigosh it moisturizes so well AND it works as a lip gloss too! It also removes my eye makeup easily. I have been meaning to try it on my feet for a while now but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I like getting the travel size ones though so it's easier for me to re-apply when I'm not home.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by dempsj

This product is not bad, but not brilliant. I used to use it as a lip balm but found that I had to re-apply it every 30 minutes. It just evaporates! It's good on your feet provided you're wearing socks (otherwise you'll leave greasy sploges all over the house) and elbows too. I don't find it removes makeup very well at all, but I do use waterproof products. I don't think I'll ever need to re-purchase this as the tub lasts for so long!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Vaseline! It does everything! :D
I don't like the tub though, it doesn't seem very sanitary. I'm the only one who uses it but I'm paranoid somethings going to start growing in it if theres a lot of bacteria floating around in there :P Still love it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by katier01

i use vaseline for everythinggg .. i babysit and put it on the 2yearold when he was stung by a bee and it helped take the stinger out .. it takes makeup off .. its the best lipgloss .. my friends boyfriends grandmother swears that it keeps crows feet away and she doesnt have any! and my number one reason it keep buying vaseline is because it is the BESTT FOOT TREATMENT! when i buff away rough spots on my feet i put vaseline on the sensitive area and it stays sooo soft for sooo longg! now i put it on my feet everytime i get out of the shower. the only down side is that it takes sometime to dry off so in the summer i put socks on while i finish getting ready then i take them off and my feet are flipflop perfect. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot tollerate vaseline on my skin, but it is the best lip treatment in the world! And dirt cheap..

I use it on my lips morning and evening after brushing my teeth and cleansing my face. The rest of the day/night I don't have to put anything else on my lips.

All those people who put on lipstick moisturizers every minute of the day are just drying their lips, the more you use those the more you need them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Vaseline deserves the hype that it gets. It is a great moisturizing product and all purpose as well. I use this twice a week as an overnight moisturizer because I wake up with such amazing skin. This removes pimples and blemishes overnight! As an overnight treatment it has saved my skin's life and it has made me look better. I use it as brow gel, also use in in elbows, knees, feet, and lips. With crushed blush it also makes a great tinted lip gloss. It removes makeup like nothing else. My hair stylist also uses this as a barrier to prevent burning from blow-drying or when I relax my hair (usually every 3-4 months). The tub packaging makes me uncomfortable at times. I really wish it came in a tube. It dissolves mascara like crazy. I use this as an eye cream also and it plumps my eyes and diminishes dark circles. I haven't used it for burns or other problems like that. I'll have to try that. For all its worth, it does so much for so cheap. This will always be in my medicine cabinet and in my travel bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I'm middle of the road on this product - it worx well for sore bottoms, dry feet (but for me, I must wear sox w/ it when using as it NEVER absorbs). I do not care for it on my lips, hands, elbows since it never absorbs for me. I much prefer the creamy Vaseline in the tube, but during the times I'm out of that, I will always have this as a fall back (only becuz I don't think I will EVER use up the small tub I have in my lifetime = I will not repurchase - not in this form)

As I am currently out of the creamy Vaseline in a tube, I did recently try this regular Vaseline as an eye makeup remover - one less beauty product would be a good thing for me :) I use L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara in black or very black + MUFE under eye concealor and EM Abbott's Perk Me Up to set the MUFE - that's all I use - no eyeshadow, no eyeliner. Vaseline removed all but the mascara - for me, very ineffective at removing this particular mascara w/out a LOT of rubbing + it left a filmy mess around my eyes that took some extra scrubbing w/ my normal cleanser to remove = thumbs down!! I guess I will have to stick w/ a separate remover for my eyes - o well - was worth a try.

PS - I wonder if the creamy Vaseline in a tube would work on removing mascara any better...hmmm - something to contemplate

12/29/09 UPDATE - have changed my mind a bit - have let sit on eyes for a few seconds (which is annoying), but then add a bit of coconut oil = voila - all waterproof mascara removed. Also, if I use another of my HG waterproof mascaras, (Maybelline Volum Express), vaseline will remove it w/out having to add in the coconut oil. Upgrading to 4 lippies (keeping 1 off becuz it does sometimes leave a film in my eyes).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

Vaseline contains petroleum which breaks down skin cells - causing your dermal layer to thin. Never use this on your face on a regular basis. Never ever use around eye areas! Good for severly chapped hands, chapped feet, or to help with 'ash', but as any kind of face product - just don't do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by olga_thes

when I discovered Vaseline, I realized that I had wasted so much money on expensive eye creams(I can't believe I gave 95 euros to get an eye cream a few months ago, I cannot forgive myself,honestly!)...Vaseline is absolutely safe to use it on your face (after a month,you will see that your eye wrinkles will disappear),it hydrates more than anything else and therefore, if you use it regularly, you will have a beautifully healthy skin.My dermatologist shared this secret with me and I 'm really thankful! Just make sure to dilute it with water and it won't be so thick and greasy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by SxBxLova

By-far this is the best product for my skin. If I have some kind of rash, cut, burn, or anything like that, I'll sure turn to the product!