LUSH Figs and leaves soap

3.9

on 2/19/2006 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only thing that I still like about Lush is the soaps. (And King of Skin, you magnificent beast) I don't get them because they're beneficial to my skin, there are far better out there-I get them because they smell nice. And figs and leaves really really smells cool.

on 2/3/2006 12:04:00 PM

This is my favorite LUSH soap. It smells lovely and makes my skin so soft. It is perfect for Canadian winter months when my skin tends to dry out.

on 1/18/2006 12:07:00 PM

I agree with Katinka007. I love the smell and the feel of the lather, but I wish they'd either ditch the seeds or pulverize them. They are annoying and keep an otherwise very yummy soap from receiving a 5.

on 1/1/2006 9:03:00 PM

I don't know hot to describe the scent of this soap. It's a very unique comforting soft floral scent. The soap is also quite moisturising, I have dry skin and didn't find this drying at all. The only thing I don't like about the soap is the exfoliating bits-they don't exfoliate my skin, they only scratch it (I find all exfoliating Lush soaps scratchy, not just this one).

on 12/11/2005 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be the worst soap I have ever used on my skin! TOtally dried my skin out, very very annoying to use. The grains or seeds (or whatever that was) were all over my bath. The soap stunk,it didn't foam properly, I don't even think it cleanses properly. And what are those pieces of leaf about????!!!! What good are leaves in my soap bar????!!!!!!
Never buying this again!

It's funny, really - a frined and I got this as a sample and she complained about the seeds hurting badly and giving her a rash, while I absolutely love them (they don't give me a rash either). i like the scent too, but overall have used better soaps.

on 10/21/2005 11:58:00 PM

great moisturizer, but i got a chunk with a leaf on one end and it peeled off in the middle of my shower.
it kinda grossed me out, but that doesn't have much to do with the soap itself.
it's a great exfoliator, too.

on 8/28/2005 2:43:00 PM

I received this as a sample on one of my trips to Lush. This has a wonderful scent. I will defenitally be buying this soap on my next trip to the store.

on 8/2/2005 9:28:00 AM

Love this soap -- it's highly exfoliating, feels great on your skin (if you don't scrub too hard, of course) and moisturizes really well. I can't think of another soap that pulls off the job of exfoliating AND moisturizing like this one does. Others have complained about the offensive smell, however this is one of the only LUSH soaps I'd argue has NO scent. I can't really smell anything. Great soap and would definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

on 7/20/2005 3:27:00 AM

I hate this with a passion. I had to throw it out before it was finished. It also turned somewhat soft. Dirty pink with fig seeds, really strange. The scent did not appeal to me (It may to you). Somehow reminded me of the calamine powder/tea tree oil soap for face which I hate. Two LUSH soaps I can recommend are: Milky Bar (Light clean scent), Honey I washed the kids (heavier sweeter scent). Both soaps very high quality.