Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

on 8/15/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is "okay". Not amazing but doesn't suck either. Its cheap but it doesn't necessarily "do the job". I see a slight difference but not as much as Id like to see. Also, it looks like it'd be a men's cologne & it kinda smells like it too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My hair has had a sticky hard film on the roots for awhile now. I was using a clarifying shampoo that worked for awhile but seems to have stopped. My hair has become so gross that I have to wear it up every day. I decided to try this shampoo today and I find it only made a small difference. I am going to use it again tomorrow even though it will probably dry my hair out and hopefully it works!

on 8/12/2011 4:28:00 AM

I used to wash my hair everyday by choice, and then throughout the years I HAD to wash my hair everyday because if I didn't wash it, my hair would look so greasy as if I hadn't washed my hair in days! I tried using many different shampoos to see if they'd do the trick but none worked.. My sister recommended me this shampoo and, IT'S AMAZING. Although after the shower, my hair seemed dry and damaged, but it's been the day after I washed it and it isn't as oily as it should of been (although it still is a bit oily..)! I'm happy with the results and I will definitely purchase this again!!

I just bought this earlier today and finished washing my hair 10 minutes ago (it's not even dry yet) and I can already tell you this stuff is fricken amazing.

I'm only 15, and before today I was totally unaware that you're supposed to change up your shampoo and conditioner because your hair gets used to it. I have been using garner sleek and shine for over two years (I love it and it makes my hair look great) but 2 weeks ago I started having issues with being unable to get my hair to look or feel clean. In comes this baby! Although switching my shampoo and conditioner was also necessary, it wasn't going to make a difference unless I got something to get all the awful residue out of my hair first.

My hair feels so clean after using this and I followed it by normal shampoo and then conditioner (tresemme naturals deep moisture) My hair is soft and light for the first time in ages and I love it!

Price: Some have said it's expensive, but I got it on sale for 5$ CAD so although it's a small bottle it wasn't too bad.

Packaging: Utilitarian, but it's simple and clean looking (although I do love having multicolored neon bottles in my shower)

Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 7/28/2011 2:26:00 PM

this shampoo is rather wonderful and weekly use has left my hair shiny and non-residue-y. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is the smell. It makes my hair smell manly

on 7/12/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is okay. It didn't dramatically change my hair for the better, but it didn't do anything bad either. If you're not trying to go sulfate-free, it wouldn't be a bad thing to try, maybe it will do wonders for your hair! However, I'm trying to stay away from the sulfates, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/12/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This product stripped my hair so bad that it caused my hair to matte up!!!! Will not buy again. I have very kinky hair.

on 6/9/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Gets the job done, but smells absolutely horrible. Like mosquito spray in the summer. All I have to say is make SURE you have a heavenly smelling conditioner on hand after washing your hair with this - you'll need it. The scent alone will keep me from repurchasing. That and, honestly, I'm sure there's something better out there. Maybe it was better before it was reformulated? What a shame. For now though, it works fine.

on 6/6/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't care - I love this stuff!!! I use this once a week as directed. I have dry, curly hair that demands a lot of styling product on a daily basis - especially in the summer. I typically use two different kinds of serum in my hair, one while it's wet and one after it's dry, and the buildup can really get bad. I also work out almost every day & so even though I'd like to skip a day, I really can't get away with it all the time. This stuff gets rid of the week's worth of gunk and gunge assaulting my hair and doesn't leave it dry and straw-like, as long as I use a decent conditioner afterward. My mom used to buy this stuff by the truckload so she always had a bottle in her bathroom, and I still think it smells amazing, but maybe it just reminds me of her.

on 5/24/2011 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Terrible product. My boyfriend insists on using it because he thinks it gets rid of all the hair product in his hair (that might be the case, but it's murderously drying and stripping on my hair). I've used it simply because he has it in the shower. Old formula or new formula, the stuff is terrible! My oily hair ends up looking like an oil slick at the end of the day when I use this stuff. It totally strips my hair down and it freaks out with oil overproduction! Yuckkk!