July 24, 2014 | 2192 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by apliddell

I use this once a week along with a deep conditioning mask, also from Neutrogena.

Packaging is no-nonsense, which is fine. Smell is somewhat powdery, and I've found that my hair smells like this product all day no matter what I use on my hair afterward (conditioner, heat-styling products, Bio-silk, hairspray, etc). No big deal though, it's not a bad smell...just very powerful.

I find that if I don't use this once a week, my hair doesn't feel as clean and it isn't as cooperative. I swear by this product...its claim is that it allows your other hair products to work as intended and this product lives up to its claim.

I highly recommend using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by pepperminty

This product does remove the residue left in hair, so it is effective. I use a good conditioner, so I haven't noticed much dryness. It gives me a nice, clean feeling, so it's nice.

The only complaint is that the scent is really strong. I'm usually really sensitive towards scent of my cosmetic/beauty products, and this thing smells distinctively like male fragrance. I don't hate it, but it lingers for a very long time. I couldn't smell the shampoo before I purchased it due to the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by xobabiibooxo

I just bought this today and i can say it is the best clarifying shampoo i have ever used. It is not too drying like everyone is saying at least not to my hair i use the Dove conditioner afterwards and it makes my hair nice and volumized and super soft. And for the price i do not know how much it is for the original price but i have found mine at a local BIG LOTS just going down the isles and i seen it just for 3.50 !!! that is super cheap!!! and ive seen reviews on it and tried it out and i can say i love it! will be getting a backup for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lavellex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gets rid of buildup from silicone containing products. Lifesaver for dull, lifeless hair. Really great to use every so often. I use a couple times a week since I have curly hair that needs silicones, but is also very oily at the scalp and gets gross buildup really easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by bluemoon1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best! I use it for over 20 years, and I tried once in a while others, but nothing compares to this one. I use it whenever my hair needs it, sometimes weekly, sometime only ones a month. A bottle last me well over a year. After using it my conditioner work better and my hair is back to being bouncy. Love that stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

I use it when i feel like my shampoo and conditioner aren't working as well as they are supposed to or i use it when my hair feels oilier that week. I generally use it once every 2-3 weeks. It really does remove any gunk from any build up over the weeks. When i do use it, it does dry out my hair but i follow up with my regular conditioner afterwards. The next shower my shampoo works great again! It even says on the bottle to use this once a week and then your favorite shampoo and conditioner will work better than ever! and since you don't need to use this often the bottle can last you quite a long time. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite shampoo! I have fine hair & an oily scalp. That means that my hair hangs very limp most of the time. I use styling products, too. This cleans my hair well & removes residue from products. My hair also has less well-water film w/ this shampoo.

OK, there is the weirdest part: I have less (um) acne on my scalp. Yes, gross to mention, but it is quite noticeable to me.

I adore the smallish bottle as it fits nicely on my shower shelf & is easy for travel. Scent is fine and nonoffensive to me. I do wish the ingredients list was on the bottle itself instead of a separate box. I am sure they want the bottle to be as "clean" as possible and so it is a marketing thing. I would actually prefer no box as it is wasteful to box the bottle & the boxes seem to get beat up in the store a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by iiixvix

I had dreadlocks for a little over two years and this was my favorite shampoo during that time. A little goes a long way! It suds well, but can be a little drying, especially if you use too much. I used a protein conditioner once a month and had no problems.

The smell wasn't very strong, faded once my hair was dry, and left my hair smelling like... well, plain clean hair!

It fades semi-permanent dyes, vegetable based dyes, and henna noticeably after even a single washing.

Now that the dreads are gone I use this to strip styling buildup from my hair. This is a very reliable product.

The packaging allowed me to get all the shampoo out easily, no mixing with water to get the last tiny bit out.

If you need a shampoo to remove buildup, I recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Flora6868

My dear husband Sven purchased somehow and presented me Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo.
I liked it. I had a problem with dandruff, so had my husband Sven and son. So our whole family used it.
We liked it very much! Thank you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good clarifier, easy to find. Smells a bit strong and can be slightly drying if a good conditioner doesn't follow. Inexpensive and convenient. Have repurchased many times.