September 17, 2014 | 1776 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by penguin10

The shampoo inside is clear, not yellow like the picture above. It does smell like a very, very clean public restroom like another reviewer said. It does smell a very tad bit masculine but I would have not thought that if I hadn't read the other reviews. I used my roommate's Biosilk conditioner afterward (usually use Pantene shampoo, no conditioner) to counteract its drying effects. Biosilk is also strong smelling but I could still smell it after that. It smells coconuty the next day. It makes my shampoo/occasional conditioning much more effective. I kind of want to put more products in my hair just to use this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stinky like chemicals, but effective. I don't want to know what this would smell like without the "parfum" because it stinks enough as it is. I use this every once in a while when my hair starts feeling filmy. I use Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner 99% of the time and while I love how it makes my hair look and feel, after several months of use, it never feels clean and begins to feel greasy quickly. This is a great residue removing shampoo, though I find my hair feels a bit dry/not soft after using it. I generally wash with this at night and during a day where I have nothing planned so I don't have to try and style my hair, as the smell lingers until the next washing without it.

This works well; give it a try if you have lots of product residue in your hair. It could work really well for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by da8mui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I saw alot of good reviews about this shampoo to give it a try! And after only a first use last night..I'M ALREADY LOVING IT!!! A while ago, my hair started to not behave like it used to be. Ive tried tons of shampoo but no matter what i use or how many times i wash my hair, it always left me with a really gross-looking white, greyish film near my roots( i have black hair so its quite noticeble) so i had to wear a ponytail all the time but after using this my hair is clean again,SOOOO shiny and feels so light! i'm really glad i discovered it and its definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by thebeautifuldiaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! I recently purchased it because my super thick curly hair was feeling dirty and just gunky! The shampoo removed all of the residue in my hair and with some Dove Conditioner, my hair was left feeling so soft and clean. I am also happy to see my hair looking softer and shinier than ever before. The scent can be a bit powerful but I can mask it with my other styling products. It's affordable and very efficient. Definitely recommend it to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by apliddell

I use this once a week along with a deep conditioning mask, also from Neutrogena.

Packaging is no-nonsense, which is fine. Smell is somewhat powdery, and I've found that my hair smells like this product all day no matter what I use on my hair afterward (conditioner, heat-styling products, Bio-silk, hairspray, etc). No big deal though, it's not a bad smell...just very powerful.

I find that if I don't use this once a week, my hair doesn't feel as clean and it isn't as cooperative. I swear by this product...its claim is that it allows your other hair products to work as intended and this product lives up to its claim.

I highly recommend using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by pepperminty

This product does remove the residue left in hair, so it is effective. I use a good conditioner, so I haven't noticed much dryness. It gives me a nice, clean feeling, so it's nice.

The only complaint is that the scent is really strong. I'm usually really sensitive towards scent of my cosmetic/beauty products, and this thing smells distinctively like male fragrance. I don't hate it, but it lingers for a very long time. I couldn't smell the shampoo before I purchased it due to the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by xobabiibooxo

I just bought this today and i can say it is the best clarifying shampoo i have ever used. It is not too drying like everyone is saying at least not to my hair i use the Dove conditioner afterwards and it makes my hair nice and volumized and super soft. And for the price i do not know how much it is for the original price but i have found mine at a local BIG LOTS just going down the isles and i seen it just for 3.50 !!! that is super cheap!!! and ive seen reviews on it and tried it out and i can say i love it! will be getting a backup for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lavellex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gets rid of buildup from silicone containing products. Lifesaver for dull, lifeless hair. Really great to use every so often. I use a couple times a week since I have curly hair that needs silicones, but is also very oily at the scalp and gets gross buildup really easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by bluemoon1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best! I use it for over 20 years, and I tried once in a while others, but nothing compares to this one. I use it whenever my hair needs it, sometimes weekly, sometime only ones a month. A bottle last me well over a year. After using it my conditioner work better and my hair is back to being bouncy. Love that stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

I use it when i feel like my shampoo and conditioner aren't working as well as they are supposed to or i use it when my hair feels oilier that week. I generally use it once every 2-3 weeks. It really does remove any gunk from any build up over the weeks. When i do use it, it does dry out my hair but i follow up with my regular conditioner afterwards. The next shower my shampoo works great again! It even says on the bottle to use this once a week and then your favorite shampoo and conditioner will work better than ever! and since you don't need to use this often the bottle can last you quite a long time. Definitely a keeper!