July 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by thebeautifuldiaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! I recently purchased it because my super thick curly hair was feeling dirty and just gunky! The shampoo removed all of the residue in my hair and with some Dove Conditioner, my hair was left feeling so soft and clean. I am also happy to see my hair looking softer and shinier than ever before. The scent can be a bit powerful but I can mask it with my other styling products. It's affordable and very efficient. Definitely recommend it to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by apliddell

I use this once a week along with a deep conditioning mask, also from Neutrogena.

Packaging is no-nonsense, which is fine. Smell is somewhat powdery, and I've found that my hair smells like this product all day no matter what I use on my hair afterward (conditioner, heat-styling products, Bio-silk, hairspray, etc). No big deal though, it's not a bad smell...just very powerful.

I find that if I don't use this once a week, my hair doesn't feel as clean and it isn't as cooperative. I swear by this product...its claim is that it allows your other hair products to work as intended and this product lives up to its claim.

I highly recommend using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by pepperminty

This product does remove the residue left in hair, so it is effective. I use a good conditioner, so I haven't noticed much dryness. It gives me a nice, clean feeling, so it's nice.

The only complaint is that the scent is really strong. I'm usually really sensitive towards scent of my cosmetic/beauty products, and this thing smells distinctively like male fragrance. I don't hate it, but it lingers for a very long time. I couldn't smell the shampoo before I purchased it due to the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by xobabiibooxo

I just bought this today and i can say it is the best clarifying shampoo i have ever used. It is not too drying like everyone is saying at least not to my hair i use the Dove conditioner afterwards and it makes my hair nice and volumized and super soft. And for the price i do not know how much it is for the original price but i have found mine at a local BIG LOTS just going down the isles and i seen it just for 3.50 !!! that is super cheap!!! and ive seen reviews on it and tried it out and i can say i love it! will be getting a backup for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lavellex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gets rid of buildup from silicone containing products. Lifesaver for dull, lifeless hair. Really great to use every so often. I use a couple times a week since I have curly hair that needs silicones, but is also very oily at the scalp and gets gross buildup really easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by bluemoon1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best! I use it for over 20 years, and I tried once in a while others, but nothing compares to this one. I use it whenever my hair needs it, sometimes weekly, sometime only ones a month. A bottle last me well over a year. After using it my conditioner work better and my hair is back to being bouncy. Love that stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

I use it when i feel like my shampoo and conditioner aren't working as well as they are supposed to or i use it when my hair feels oilier that week. I generally use it once every 2-3 weeks. It really does remove any gunk from any build up over the weeks. When i do use it, it does dry out my hair but i follow up with my regular conditioner afterwards. The next shower my shampoo works great again! It even says on the bottle to use this once a week and then your favorite shampoo and conditioner will work better than ever! and since you don't need to use this often the bottle can last you quite a long time. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite shampoo! I have fine hair & an oily scalp. That means that my hair hangs very limp most of the time. I use styling products, too. This cleans my hair well & removes residue from products. My hair also has less well-water film w/ this shampoo.

OK, there is the weirdest part: I have less (um) acne on my scalp. Yes, gross to mention, but it is quite noticeable to me.

I adore the smallish bottle as it fits nicely on my shower shelf & is easy for travel. Scent is fine and nonoffensive to me. I do wish the ingredients list was on the bottle itself instead of a separate box. I am sure they want the bottle to be as "clean" as possible and so it is a marketing thing. I would actually prefer no box as it is wasteful to box the bottle & the boxes seem to get beat up in the store a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by iiixvix

I had dreadlocks for a little over two years and this was my favorite shampoo during that time. A little goes a long way! It suds well, but can be a little drying, especially if you use too much. I used a protein conditioner once a month and had no problems.

The smell wasn't very strong, faded once my hair was dry, and left my hair smelling like... well, plain clean hair!

It fades semi-permanent dyes, vegetable based dyes, and henna noticeably after even a single washing.

Now that the dreads are gone I use this to strip styling buildup from my hair. This is a very reliable product.

The packaging allowed me to get all the shampoo out easily, no mixing with water to get the last tiny bit out.

If you need a shampoo to remove buildup, I recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Flora6868

My dear husband Sven purchased somehow and presented me Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo.
I liked it. I had a problem with dandruff, so had my husband Sven and son. So our whole family used it.
We liked it very much! Thank you!