Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

I've had this for two years, I have plenty left in it and i say I use it almost twice a week. Only when I'm going out for something special. Or if I've used a dark eyeshadow and the fall out from that eyeshadow will give me black eyes underneath.

Its not a staple. But necessary if you are superficial as I am. It works better with a brush ....but i refused to pay 28 bucks for the brush. Instead I dab it underneath...and then do my eyeshadow and then blend it in. It does brighten, I notice the difference instantly. But you know... its not necessary.

I dont like the package...but then again I dont know how else they could package the product. The top comes unscrewed sooo easily! I've nearly lost all the powder more than twice in my makeupcase. So its best to leave it at home & UPRIGHT.

I don't know if I'll buy again ONLY because I have sooo much of it left. I might have it for another three years at this rate. A little does go a long way.

My cousin who has heavy dark circles under her eyes loves this and I was impressed when I put it on her and it did minimise the darkshadows for her...shame they dont sell it in Greece or else I'd have bought it for her.

Its very pricey which is unattractive as well.

I love this product, however I don't know if its absoulutely necessary :P It really helps brighten the under eye area without making it look dry. I always put this on top of my concealer when I want to look my best. When I'm in a hurry I usually just forget it. It also helps my eyeliner to stay on longer and run less. I use a big eyeshadow brush to apply to under eyes and sometimes around the inner corners of my eyes as well. The powder itself is very smooth. Its white with some pretty small shimmers. Not too over the top at all.

I knew I was going to like this. I put a light dusting on my eyelids and beneath my eyes after my concealer. I was using Bobbie Brown (matte) white eyeshadow on my lids before this and I think I like this better. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it does brighten my whole eye area without emphasizing lines (I'm 44). I can't stand the container it came in and I wished I'd only pulled off part of the sticker that it came with, leaving only a couple of holes, because the powder is all over the place now. I bought #2 because #1 looked very white and even though I'm pale I wasn't sure if I wanted something quite that light. I don't have terrible dark circles, so I can't speak to it covering those. I've been wearing it over la touch eclat and it looks quite nice.

on 7/2/2010 5:48:00 PM

I love this product. It works for me to brighten my under eye area. It also sets the concealer really well and makes it stay on all day. Unlike my usual face powders didnt last, made it look cakey and show my fine lines. Love it :) Also I think the price of 18 is fairly cheap and It was lower than I expected. And it will last for a ages.

on 6/24/2010 12:49:00 AM

I have this powder in #2. It is very light cream shade of powder with tiny sparkles in it. This was the shade recommended to me as I have warm toned skin (MAC C4/C5). The powder is very finely milled, too fine to really stop any smudging of mascara you might get if you use under your brows. Did it brighten my very dark circles? No, every time I use this powder it somehow manages to make my dark circles look even darker than how they appeared before I applied my concealer and my undereye area appears to look more sunken than when I use normal face powder on top. I think it must be because the shade of the powder is just too insepid for my colouring which has a fair amount of yellow in it anyway. I'm not sure if I'm right about this but my hunch is if you are someone who suits a white shirt more than an ivory one (try it, one will lift your face much more) then it could be that no #1 is better for you. If it then makes the undereye area look too light, you can always go over it with a very light dusting of bronzing powder.
P.S: Don't apply this between the lower eyelid and the orbital bone, it looks strange in the middle of the summer - I tried it and I did.

on 6/21/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I apply it over my cle de peau concealer, and it just completely brightens up my face. It makes me look like i'm well rested and basically brings my look together. I'm a little more olive, so I use #2 which I guess has more "gold" in it than "silver". Overall I love this product! I don't even really have dark circles or anything like that, but when used with a good concealer it really gives you a fresh, put together look.

on 6/18/2010 3:15:00 AM

I absolutely love this. It's great for brightening under eye area, dusted over the concealer, but I also use it on other parts of the face which need bit of lightening treatment. I am not very keen on powders with shine or shimmer and prefer very much the matte look - this powder is great in brightening your face without adding the shimmer and keeping it matte.

on 5/11/2010 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder! I have relativly dark undereye circles, which I can cover with concealers and correcters. my problem was always that I tried so hard to cover up my dark circles that my undereye area would be left looking cakey. I tried a few powders, and found that many products would settle badly, making me appear far, far older than I am. the laura mercier secret brightening powder does everything it promises. it's super fine, so gone are the days of cakey skin, or lines you're too young to have. it also brightens, but subtly. the shimmer doesn't look odd at all (which was my worry when purchasing the powder.) it looks natural and fresh. i wouldn't use it without a concealer underneath, but it's my HG product for setting the concealer under my eyes.

on 5/5/2010 9:48:00 PM

Just bought it and it works wonders! much better than benefit's powderflage. It doesn't settle into my fine lines at all! Loving this product!

on 5/5/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought the #2 shade. I have very dark circles under my eyes and needed a powder that wouldn't make me look like I had a sunglasses tan! I use a little bit to set the concealer and I've noticed that it doesn't make the lines under your eyes stand out like other powders I've used. It actually hides them! Then I just use a darker powder over the top since the skin on my face is moderately tanned. I found it to be very expensive ($48 AUD) but I paid for it using a gift card so thought I may as well treat myself and buy some decent make-up! Didn't have the guilty feeling like I normally do when I pay with my own money lol. The packaging is decent but I have noticed that the powder can come out if you tip it on it's side. I may buy this product again. Have only had it for 1 week so will see how I go!