July 30, 2014 | 1390 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

I bought the non-aerosol pump, which is a very strange thing. You squeeze the plastic bottle and out comes a puff of powder. It's tough to control, with clouds of powder flying all over the place. It's impossible to see how much I'm using, and I end up inhaling a lot of it. It works quite well, though. Has a very light, unobtrusive scent and, if I don't use too much, it leaves no detectible residue on my dark hair. If I do use too much, it can make my hair stiff and tangly and too hard to brush out. It does a great job to absorb oil and restore volume, maybe even better than the Oscar Blandi Pronto powder version. That's a mess, too, but at least I could control how much I was using, and where it was going. I'll go back to that one rather than buy this again. I'm glad I tried this, and if Klorane packaged it like the Blandi, it would be a winner. P.S. Try this as a root lifter if you have light-colored hair. The effect is amazing if you don't brush it out but just work it through lightly with your hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really couldn't be any happier with this dry shampoo! I've been using one from Ojon for a few years but it always felt as though it left an unpleasant residue. Also, the fragrance is overwhelming and lasts for what seems like hours. So I've been on the lookout for something new.

I have very long wavy hair that I highlight and I try and go as long as possible between washings to maintain the color (and because it takes me such a long to wash, blowdry, style, etc). After reading so many positive reviews for this I went and bought the spray version at Sephora. I was completely hooked after my first use. I just randomly section off my hair (focusing on the top half of my head) and spray liberally along the root line. It does leave a white cast but that brushes out completely. I do wait about 3-4 minutes for dry time before I attempt to brush my hair. My hair looks completely clean, the volume is restored, and I can go three days without washing my hair again. No nasty residue or offensive odor. The scent is mild and sort of powdery, very clean smelling in a non-chemical way.

It's very important to me that this is hypo-allergenic since my skin is so sensitive. I've never had a problem with this and my skin and scalp can be very reactive. I use this about 5 times a week and one can lasts me about a month. I absolutely love this and will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at Sephora based on the rave reviews and the idea of extending a blow out while maintaining volume intrigued me. The one time I used this, it did deliver. I was a bit apprehensive of applying a dry white shampoo to my almost black hair, but it didn't leave any residue. However, the second time I reached for this, to my dismay, it was EMPTY! How?!?! I stored it under my sink with nothing on top of it and the lid was intact and no visible puncture marks were present so I can't explain it. While the product was lovely upon my initial application, I am too burned from the experience to ever repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kml636

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG dry shampoo. I've tried them all! This gives volume, soaks up oil, and doesn't leave white powder or flakes. Definitley better than T3 and Oscar Blondi.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow this product is my life saver, let me explain. I have a full fringe and extremely oily skin. This oily skin leads to my fringe becomming extremely oily by the end of the day, so oily in fact that sometimes after if I have one event in the day, I'll have to shower and wash my hair again before I can go out again at night. My actual hair is not oily, its in fact on the dryer side because of all the straightening, dying etc.

Anyway needless to say washing my hair everyday and sometimes twice a day is pretty frustrating, so when I heard about this product I couldn't really believe it. It sprays a powder like substance on your hair, you wait abit then you brush it out with a fine tooth comb and it soaks up all the oil, leaving your hair looking nice and clean!! Just spraying my fringe in between washes is so convenient for me, I love this product I cannot live without it. It is abit on the pricier side, but totally worth it. I've also tried the other brand Batiste which is abit cheaper, also works the same. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Ok, girls. The good news is, I finally got this to work. The bad news is, it's just not that good. At first it wasn't working for me because I wasn't letting it spray long enough. It makes a horrible loud whining sound when I depress the nozzle, so I assumed stuff was coming out. It left a bit of wetness on my hair too. However, it didn't help the oiliness. Eventually I figured out that I need to keep pressing to get the powder out. I gently massage it through my hair and it helps a bit, but not enough to make it worth the price, or the effort. The thing is, it's kinda hard to evaluate how this works because simply brushing oily hair makes it instantly look better, temporarily. So it's hard to tell whether the dry shampoo did it, or just the brushing. I'm still using it every other morning, and I guess it makes my hair a tiny bit better for later in the day, but I'm just waiting for it to finish. I'm trying Batiste next, I have high hopes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. I have curly hair and so when i straighten it, I try to go at least 4 days before washing it again. My hair is thick and isn't too greasy so 4 days is no big deal but on that 4th day this stuff is awesome. gives my hair body at the roots and it falls nicely, not clumpy like greasy hair does. I used to have strawberry blonde hair and I am now back to a dark auburn and have noticed that it is a little dull on my darker hair now. Over all its awesome though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this dry shampoo every other day so that I can avoid washing my hair daily like I always do. I can't say that my hair looks or feels refreshed after following the directions for use on the bottle. It just weighs my hair down even after I thoroughly brush out the product. It also doesn't absorb as much oil from the roots of my hair, which was the no. 1 reason why I purchased this in the first place. The only thing it does is make my hair smell fresher...which I can easily achieve by spraying on some hair spray. To conclude, it was just a waste of money for such a small bottle of product, quite a disappointment!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by whytefox101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have bought this product, and although at first it seems to work, as the day progresses your hair is worse than if you had not used it at all. You have only temporarily fixed the issue. I have also used a product called "batiste". For me this is more effective and is less expensive. It also comes in different fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

Fantastic dry shampoo that leaves my hair soft and oil-free for almost a day before starting to get slightly oily again.
Perfect for in-between washes. Perfect. I love this thing completely!