Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 7/5/2005 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wouldnt use this on acneic skin, especially if you already have color.

on 5/13/2005 10:12:00 PM

Anyone who has problems with their sunscreen leaving a white cast should try this. This lets me wear my Shiseido spf, which is perfect except for the white cast. Now I just mix in a little Bronze Concentrate and look healthy instead of pasty.

on 1/13/2005 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product. I apply it straight after moisturising, and it gives a really healthy glow. It evens out skin tone, so is great if you don't like to wear make-up, but don't want to go completely bare faced. I will defintely repurchase.

on 11/10/2004 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love what result i've been getting from this,it's very natural on my dark skin,i use this in daytime mix w/ my Dr.Hauschka's sunsreen,mascara and Dr.Hauschka's lip balm and a little bit of loose powder and im set.Good stuff

on 9/19/2004 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product mixed in with my moisturizer or sunscreen simulates a tinted moisturizer....something I've never been able to wear, because almost every formulation out there irritates my skin or has the wrong texture. The finish is sheer...~2-4 drops per 1tsp of moisturizer is sufficient. I love it - makes my skintone look more even and gives a slight sun-kissed look.

on 9/8/2004 4:41:00 AM

i have been using this for about two weeks, and i love it. i feel that you must mix this into a cream. do not apply on its own. it lends a subtle but darkened glow to my skin. i love the medicinal/botanical smell. i am kicking myself for not switching over sooner from the clinque bronzing gel that i have used for the past 10 years. it now feels great to be using a color that is not made from chemicals. this stuff is expensive though, and i seem to going through my bottle quicker than other MUAers. UPDATE: still using this bronzer and loving it, and it's been nearly 5 months. i will definitly repurchase. it is so natural looking and sublte. adds a glimmeriness to skin without glitter. one drawback: the pumps spits out a chunk of hardened cakey pigment with each dose of the liquid. this seems like a design flaw in the packaging.

on 8/14/2004 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for the better part of the summer and really love how versatile it is. So far I have mixed it with moisturizer, tinted moisturizer and liquid makeup and in each case I get a great result. I am PPP and I get a really natural glow with this as it is not orangey at all. This works much better for me than buying a darker shade of makeup in the summer, as I can control the shade and intensity by adding more or less of it.

on 7/2/2004 11:41:00 AM

I am very excited about this product. My skin is normal with a tendency for blemishes, oilyness in summer and dryness in the winter. I love this stuff because it does not make my pores look bigger the way light reflecting products do, it does not look heavy or cakey the way foundation can, and it does not look orange, fake or uneven the way bronzers and self-tanners can. It does what you want all that stuff to do, minus the coverage a foundation may provide. It just evens out skin tone while providing some colour and a glow. Some people complained about looking greasy, for me I am able to achieve an healthy glow. It feels natural and mostly I can't even feel it at all, which I like. I can mix this with regular moisturizer, sunscreen, and I love it on my body too. I mix a bit with my favourite body lotion, sunscreen, glitter gel, whatever and boy do I get a wonderful healthy glow on my legs, arms, everything! I also love this stuff because it has saved me from having to buy a whole bunch of products. No need for a tinted moisturizer when I can make my own! Or bronzing gel, or leg gel, or tinted sunscreen...... It's wonderful because you get dual duty out of a product you already love. I highly recomend this!

on 6/18/2004 12:21:00 AM

I LOVE this product. I use it as a blush. I smooth a few drops on my cheeks, forehead and chin and I end up with the most natural flush. I don't usually wear bronzers because it's always kind of unatural looking. But because this gives you a nice shine afterwards, I just look radiant and dewy. Some people said that the shine bothers them but to me it just look like my skin is glowing. I am not crazy about that fake matted look in the middle of the summer heat so I am glad this product leaves a nice shine.

on 5/20/2004 2:27:00 PM

My comments are based on a one-time trial of the product, using the tester at my local Whole Foods. I had purposely worn foundation only so that no blush or other bronzer would influence my opinion of the result.

I stood in front of the WF mirror and blended several drops over my face, neck, and upper chest area. I noticed immediately that it was scented (the box, which I checked later, does say it contains fragrance), and also that the areas I'd rubbed were turning red - not from the product, but from irritation. (The pump bottle is a good idea but not well executed, at least not on this tester, which was clogged and dispensed unpredictable amounts from the same amount of force on the nozzle.)

By the time I'd finished shopping and could check the result in my car mirror, the irritation had subsided. What was left was a slight cocoa color, not at all unpleasant but too dark for my complexion. It was also a bit too oily for my combination skin, so even if the color had been right, I knew this product was not right for me.

Unless you're a Hauschka fan and want to use the whole regimen, I would recommend Bonne Bell's Gel Bronzer in a tube. (The matching powder is also good, if a bit shimmery for day). Dr. Hauschka, being an imported European brand, sells for about $32; you can pick up a tube of Bonne Bell Gel Bronze, which is unscented, oil-free, and non-irritating, for about an eighth of the price - your call!

Popular Bronzers