September 1, 2014 | 1011 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Jekennedy

I was so excited when I got this. I took it home and washed my face for the night only to find that not only did it not taken eye makeup off, it slightly stung my eyes. I could deal with that if it was great on my skin. However, that was not the case either. My face just felt sensitive and was very red. I kept using it for a few days and it only got worse, resulting in me wearing more foundation. It didn't break me out with pimples, just irritation. I'm sure my sensitive skin just reacted to some of the essential oils. I use it to clean my brushes instead, because it was not a good fit for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sw33twasabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product makes me break out for the first time. I have never been break out all my life and this is the first time. I used it for about 2 weeks and I have a lot of pimples on my forehead and cheeks. I was so terrified. I knew I only changed my face wash because i finished kiehls facewash. I didn't change any other skin products. I am sure this facewash made me breakout. This product doesn't work at all for me. I am scared to touch it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by berrysoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The glowing reviews everywhere fooled me.

I don't understand how everybody can say that it removes eye makeup like a breeze. Seriously, these people must have just had foundation on. I had eye shadow and mascara. I had to cleanse twice and it still looked like I had panda eyes, so then I used some eye makeup remover afterwards. Than means it's either a 2 in 1 or a 1 in 1. Dodgy advertising in my opinion.

Also, the whole perception that this is a pure and natural cleanser. Very very misleading. As you can see, someone else has already mentioned the chemicals and no good ingredients in this. You could do a lot better for your skin.

Poor for price/quantity. I paid $15 for 90ml bottle, in Australia. It's so tiny and thick and creamy consistency that I feel it won't go far at all, especially if I need to cleanse twice to get makeup off. I don't understand why I should need to cleanse twice or use other products. I just want to take off my face and go to bed at night, not stuff around. This was not a good product for me.

The only good things I will say are it smells nice, looks pretty in the bottle, and it does not have a tightening or drying effect on my skin. It made my skin feel soft. It doesn't foam very much which kind of doesn't leave as much of a 'clean' feeling, though.

I will be going back to the previous cleanser, which though more astringent, drying therefore needed a bit more moisturiser on the forehead etc, was a far more organic natural, fragrance free one and still managed to take off any eye makeup in one stroke.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Alishajpp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had the normal 20$ size bottle for a while and I use it every night with my clarisonic. great for removing all of my eye makeup and really cleaning my face, without over doing it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by gottsteph

I used this product for almost a year, I really like it. It didn't give me any break outs or anything. I'm just still searching for my HG cleanser :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

ohhh how I love this cleanser! I take my makeup off before I use it so I can't attest to it's makeup removing powers, but it makes my face feel soft and clean. The Base Exchange just recently got this in so I can get it at a decent price. As long as they keep carrying it, I'll keep buying it for sure! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Ad0rableTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore my Purity Cleanser. It has a pleasant smell, it's creamy, I feel clean, ESP in my pores...... But most of all it has improved my complexion which is the main thing. It's the best cleanser I have tried, even though I've always preferred foaming cleansers... This one is creamy and a little goes a long way. I pair this w/ my facial buff esp on heavier makeup days. The hope in a jar I love as well, I adore the texture on my skin. Both products gave me prettier skin than my tired and unrefreshed skin that I didn't even know I had. It's pricy for the packaging but to me, it's worth it. Which says enough cause I hate spending money!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by supersquirrelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is not good for your skin. Period. Especially if you have sensitive skin.
This cleanser is not only loaded with irritating plant oils and fragrances, but also contains pepper extract. Seriously! Pepper extract!
I have very sensitive skin, and have reacted to this product to the point of having to stop using it even though it isn't used up and I'm super frugal.
The beautypedia review from Cosmetics Cop Paula Begoun's website:
"This cleanser is overloaded with irritating ingredients. The fact that it is listed as “Best of Sephora” merely means that lots of Sephora customers are using a cleanser that is hurting their skin. Fragrant oils are abundant in this cleanser, and all of them contain volatile components that are irritating to skin. Philosophy also included black pepper extract, just in case the fragrant oils weren’t irritating enough. Those of you who use this cleanser may not see the irritation it causes because most of the irritation is taking place under the skin, where collagen is being damaged and free-radical damage is being generated, but it is happening nonetheless. For the health of your skin and your beauty budget, please consider switching to a truly gentle water-soluble cleanser."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Purity about 2 months ago after a recommendation from my mother...I love it! My face has NEVER been as clear & soft. After I wash my face with this ( Morning & evening ) I never want to put makeup on because my face feels that good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I have been using this product for almost a year and it is my HG for cleansers. I like that it is 3-in-1: toner, cleanser and makeup remover.

First Impression: Love the minimalistic packaging and the quote on the bottle. Cleanser has a tinge of rosemary which some ladies can't stand it, but I love it though.

I don't normally put a lot of makeup, but this cleanser can remove some of my eyeliner, depending on which brand. But I normally wipe off my makeup with cleansing tissues first so it's not a problem for me.

Application: Easy to apply, doesn't lather into a soapy foam. I love the feeling on my skin after it is being washed off. My skin feels really clean but not "squeaky and dry" feeling. Plus, there's no need to apply toner after that, so one step gone!

This product did not break me out at all. I'm already on my third bottle and I will continue purchasing it.