April 19, 2014 | 1811 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Traceya140

I have been using this cleanser for a couple of months. I loved this stuff when I first started using it and loved it. It removes all my makeup and eye makeup. It made my face feel fresh and clean. But, I started breaking out and couldn't figure out why. It really didn't occur to me that it could be this cleanser. I switched to a different cleanser I received in a free gift and my face started clearing up. And I haven't been breaking out any more. I really really wanted to like this and I still have a half a bottle left.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by faith97

This is a great cleanser for me, works great and smells good. However, due to the price I would not repurchase. But I recommend this is you are willing to spend a bit more money

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by yessie22

Hello! This is not really a review but a question. I bought purity and Philosophy Total Matteness™ Oil-Free, Mattifying Pore Eraser 2 weeks ago and now I learned I am 4 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to use during pregnancy?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by angiexue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pretty dehydrated, reactive skin (easily clogged, prone to cystic acne) and it's never been easy to find a cleanser that not only cleans well, but doesn't leave me tight & dry. So far, of all the cleansers I've tried, Purity seems to strike the right balance between cleaning thoroughly enough, without leaving an oily film, not drying the skin out overly, and not causing me to break out. It's by no means a miracle product, but it does what a cleanser should do - cleanse.The downside to me is the price - even though a little does go a long way, it's still pretty pricey and it's easy to end up 'wasting' product by accidentally pouring out too much as the bottle has no nozzle or pump, it's just a screw on cap. I'm neutral about the scent..it's a bit like...plastic-ky yogurt? Slightly odd but tolerable as it's mild. Definitely much better smelling than other Philosophy products - I passed up on Hope in a jar aka burnt plastic cuz even just a tiny smear on my hand at the store sent me straight to the washroom to wash it off....it was that noxious! The ingredients are not awesome, a lot of not-so-natural stuff in there but as I haven't yet found a HG organic cleanser that's compatible with my skin yet, it'll have to do for now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have used this on and off through the years, but I always go back to it. It is the only cleanser that I really crave using. Seriously, as silly as that may sound. It has a fresh, clean smell, and I feel so clean and fresh after I use it. It doesn't foam, it has a milky texture, and it cleans really, really well. I don't find that it leaves a film, and it rinses easily and completely. When I am done, I feel like my skin is really clean, and not stripped. It removes my makeup completely.

In the winter, there is a period of time I can't use it. I live in northern Minnesota, and our winters are rough. I have a few months where my skin is super dry and gets flaky easily. I have to use an emollient based cleanser during that time.

But especially in the summer months, I really appreciate how fresh Purity makes me feel. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and a bottle lasts a long time. I switch around only because I am just that way--always looking for something new. But I come back to this over and over.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by LovelyTreasure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have heard so many good things about this product, that when I went to Sephora and saw the trial size I went ahead and purchased it. I am so glad it did. I use it after I remove my makeup and clean my skin. I don't see it as a makeup remover, but it does deep clean my skin. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this cleanser on QVC along with Hope In A Jar moisturizer and the Microexfoliating Scrub. Since this was a package deal and it's a high end brand, I'd consider it a good-ish price. I love this product so much :) I don't know if it's my HG or not since I haven't tried that many cleansers, but it just might be. I only had 2 breakouts the entire time I used this (about 2 years). First, I love the consistency, it's milky. The smell is nice, just fresh and clean smelling. It feels really good when you use it, you can tell it's both hydrating and cleaning. My face doesn't feel tight right afterwards (but I use moisturizer too because I have dry skin). But my mom told me we were almost completely out of it, so I had to find a new cleanser (see my review on Simple Refreshing Gel Cleanser). But I'm so tired of it and I found a tiny bottle with a few more uses of Purity in it and it feels amazing to use it again :) It's not tested on animals either which is a GIGANTIC plus. The only cons are the price and that the last two ingredients are parabens. But I recommend this to everyone EXCEPT those with acne-prone skin because I don't think this can do anything for acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1blue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A good cleanser that is non foaming and won't dry your skin out. My skin always feels clean and smooth after I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by idkwhattoput

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Acne-prone skin beware, this product sucks for anyone with more than light acne.

I don't know what it is about it, but this caused me to break out horribly. I mean literally, everywhere on my face there was a pimple and they would not go away for a week. For the price and the ingredients (triethanolamine, parabens, and dyes) this is so not worth it.

That's all I have to say, I hate it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Noor86

I wouldn't go without this EVER! A year back I went through a rough patch where I suffered acne around my cheekbone, chin and lip area; so bad that the acne left brown black marks after the spots dried out. I started to use Alpha H liquid gold and thankfully in a month or so the marks had vanished! However after than period I wanted to use something that would avoid me going through all that again, so I ordered in a bottle of Purity and noticed even little bumps on the skin had started to disappear. Everyone was complimenting my skin, they said is looked radiant and glowful. Only recently, I started to use Cetaphil and broke out , and nothing was helping it calm down. It's now been a week since I've been using the heaven send Purity and BAM skin is looking so much better. This bottle does EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS! Love love love