April 19, 2014 | 1120 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by EgEb

This is a substitute to Estee Lauder Perfectionist. Same feel and result but in much more reasonable price range. You can use it alone or with moisturizer. For me, I use it alone in summer but with other moisture on the top in winter time.
Worth of trying if you have been spending $$ on Estee Lauder Perfectionist line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Santino19

A truly amazing product. I've been using this now for almost a year, and my skin truly FEELS healthy. My mom & I both started using this at the same time, and she literally looks 5 years younger (I on the other hand haven't seen THAT much of a drastic change which I attribute to my younger age). I've been using this as my "moisturizer" since my skin texture is fairly oily and one pump from the bottle is enough to cover the entire face. The bottle lasts approximately 10-12 weeks and it is fairly expensive for a drugstore brand ($28 Canadian for 50 ml/1.7oz) but completely worth the cost in my opinion ! I have NEVER broken out with this serum - shocker since I AM acne-prone. Studies have shown that the main ingrediant (niacinamide) not only reduces fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, redness but it also has a natural spf of 4. There's also one study that shows that it has the same efficacy as topical clindamycin for the treatment of acne (mind you, think most acne sufferers have nonbacterial causes for their acne).
I'm on my 4th bottle of this serum and I see no reason for me to ever stop using this. I adore this product !

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 7:58:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Olay's DAILY REGENERATING SERUM is a miracle worker. I started to see visible results after one week; my skin was radiant and the expression lines on my forehead started shrinking. The serum also helps to moisturize my skin.

After a month of using it twice a day - under moisturizer - I have to hold a mirror right up to my head to see any lines. I've not suffered from any breakouts, itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin; something which 90% of creams, serums and other skin treatments Iíve tried do (Iíve tried many different brands from all price ranges).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by cutebetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to PRE-moisturizer in the cold, dry winter months. Let me explain. After taking Accutane a few years ago, my skin is VERY dry and sensitive. It's tolerable in the summer, but in the winter I found that I need a serum + a lightweight moisturizer + another moisturizing product like a tinted moisturizer, or a sunscreen. It's pricey for a drugstore brand (currently $26 Cdn at Walmart), but it will last you at least two months with every day use. And, it's one of the cheapest *fragrance free* serums out there. The packaging is also kinda...crappy and cheap looking and feeling...but whatever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by rainbow4

I have been using this for 3 weeks on my face and around eye area. I then apply Garnier ultra lift moisturizer and (green bottle)eye cream on top. My skin looks and feels firmer. Since I have been using it. I see a difference. The Garnier products didn't do anything for me on their own. The regenerist serum works well but you need to use moisturizer too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by meriellyn

This is a preliminary review but will be updated as I use the product longer.

First impressions were good. It's not greasy and absorbs well, and quickly. I've used it under both moisturizer and a couple different sunscreens and have had no issues.

After just a few days, I have noticed that some lingering redness from healed blemishes has been lessened.
I've been using it once a day in the AM.

The only downside so far is that it doesn't seem to agree with my Finacea. I used it on bare skin, under moist. or SS or both, for the first few days and just applied my Finacea at night. That went fine. However, today I applied my Finacea in the AM, gave that time to sink in, then applied this serum. This seems to be causing some irritation. Not a visible reaction, but definitely an uncomfortable feeling.
This disappoints me because I usually use the Finacea 2x daily and would ideally like to use it in the AM and another treatment at night, so I want to use the serum between Finacea and SS but this does not seem to work for me.

I'm also not nuts about the packaging and would prefer an opaque bottle to preserve the ingredients. As it is, I just keep it in the cabinet to minimize light exposure.

Overall, so far I like it, but it has its faults. Will continue to use and report back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm giving it a 5 because I use it all the time and intend to use it forever.
You have to be consistent with this stuff. I saw results within 3 months. My skin is smoother less pimples, sun spots aren't growing and maybe slightly fading.
I just love it.
I've been using lots of olay products, so my skin becoming better may be because of all of them and not just this.
I use sunblock spf55 now instead of 30. I use their definity serum and at night I use they're purple night recovery moisturizer, WHICH I LOVE.

You can't expect one product to perform miracles.
You have to go through the whole process.
I didn't even talk about how and what I use to wash my face and the toners and what not.

I'll repurchase.
for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by al4galm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this one after reading so many good reviews, but it ended up being just meh for me. Have been using it for 6 weeks now and it has not improved my skin at all. It feels nice and makes my skin smooth, however effect doesnt last. I must say I havent got any break outs either because of this, but it just seems like it does nothing for me.
Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

I've just finished my first bottle of this, using it once a day, at night, under a moisturizer. This definitely isn't a miracle worker, and I always feel I should boycott companies that make outrageous claims for their products, but I do think this serum has improved my skin, if only modestly. The biggest benefit I have noticed is that it seems to increase my skin's ability to absorb and retain moisture. My skin feels and looks healthier -- smoother and more hydrated. I think the serum is also slightly irritating because I have a rosy glow when I get up in the morning. This is a good effect in my book. More sensitive skins won't agree. I love the texture. It's not heavy and syrupy like some other silicone-based serums, but more like a light, silky gel. It absorbs immediately. Paula Begoun rates this serum very highly yet she says its touted active ingredients -- niacinamide and palmitoyl-pentapeptide-3 -- are present in too-small amounts to have a very significant effect on skin. Still, the results for me have been worth the price. So if your skin is not highly sensitive, proceed with realistic expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Passionatenotobsessed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is lightweight yet feels like it is very hydrating and protective, however, it makes my face itch. I've tried different ways of applying it but never the less it happens. I also am a little red around my nose and along my lower orbital/cheeckbone area and have little milia bumps after using it the past 4 days. I have slightly sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. oh well. on to the next...