November 27, 2014 | 1394 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many anti-aging products and this is by far the best especially for my super sensitive skin. I had allergic reactions to vitamin c serums and many other skin products. I read an article about the ingredients in this product and it was highly recommended by many dermatologists. It certainly has lived up to its promises for me. It leaves my skin silky smooth and has definitely softened some lines. Best of all it does not bother my skin. Definitely a GREAT PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has achieved HG status for me. As an oily skinned gal who is aging and starting to have fine lines that I want to treat before they turn into deep crevices, it's very, very difficult to find a product that meets my needs. Just about everything, regardless of price, was too heavy, greasy, oily, yuck for my oily acne prone skin.

When this product first came out, it was recommended to me as an excellent primer beneath mineral make-up. Those of you who wear MMU know that it needs something to adhere to or it slides right off your face, regardless of how much "buffing" one does. So I bought this as a reasonably priced alternative to the Bare Escentuals primer product. (I love Bare Escentuals, but they are definitely at the top of my price range)

It did what I was told, meaning it performed very, very well as a primer. It created a smooth, uniform look for my MMU, and filled in my pores beautifully. But it also proved to be the perfect moisturizer and anti aging product for me. It's not meant to be a moisturizer, but for me, who needs just a teensy weensy bit of moisture, it is absolutely perfect. It feels weightless on the skin, and has a lovely velvety texture. No grease. No glop. No oil slicks.

But best of all?? No acne. It does not cause me to break out, ever.

Now, about the anti-aging properties....

Because I am very pale complected, I am very susceptible to dark spots from blemishes, hyperpigmentation, freckling...you name it. These of course, age a woman more than anything. But this keeps my tone light and even. The fine lines I've been expecting for a couple of years have shown up, but they are much less marked than I expected. I'm told I look much younger than my 40 years and I choose to believe that's true!

This performs as well or better than the high end products I've used. I truly can't live without it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I have a tendency to keep searching for the best products. Meanwhile, if I come across something great, I would still continue looking around. Having said that, many years ago, I tried the regular version of this and I recall that it was so good that I stopped wearing foundations. Why I used other products after this is beyond me... For a couple of months, my skin was having all kinds of problems. Some of it is because of hormones and nutrient but my skin care was not up to par either. Someone recommended this product on MU board and fortunately, I followed her advice... Make the long story short, this cleared up the little break out around below my lips. My old acne scars gradually but surely faded. My skin is texture is 500 times better than before. My skin is not as dehydrated as before either. Overall improvement is stunning. I use this under my foundation for now but I think I can easily forget about wearing foundations altogether. Great product and highly recommended-

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by oak415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 12/4/09: So after I stopped using the serum for a while I realized that it was not the problem - it was my sunscreen. So I got off that and back on the serum and so far not bad. It makes my skin feel smoother immediately but I'm not sure it's doing anything about the wrinkles yet. I'm almost done with this bottle and I will probably give it one more go before I decide.

I really wanted to like this product based on the reviews I've read. Also, Paula raves about the ingredients and formulation. But it just does not work for me. The packaging is great, and the price is good for a serum, but it really dries me out. I've come to the realization that silicone products just dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I've been using this serum for about a year. The redness on my cheeks has been greatly reduced, and my skin is less dry. I use it at night and apply a moisturizer over it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very interesting product. I hear serum and I think liquid, but this almost reminds me of smashbox's primer. It has a very silky feel, not liquidy at all. I didn't really see results, but it didn't irritate my skin either. Its just sort of....there.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by EgEb

This is a substitute to Estee Lauder Perfectionist. Same feel and result but in much more reasonable price range. You can use it alone or with moisturizer. For me, I use it alone in summer but with other moisture on the top in winter time.
Worth of trying if you have been spending $$ on Estee Lauder Perfectionist line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Santino19

A truly amazing product. I've been using this now for almost a year, and my skin truly FEELS healthy. My mom & I both started using this at the same time, and she literally looks 5 years younger (I on the other hand haven't seen THAT much of a drastic change which I attribute to my younger age). I've been using this as my "moisturizer" since my skin texture is fairly oily and one pump from the bottle is enough to cover the entire face. The bottle lasts approximately 10-12 weeks and it is fairly expensive for a drugstore brand ($28 Canadian for 50 ml/1.7oz) but completely worth the cost in my opinion ! I have NEVER broken out with this serum - shocker since I AM acne-prone. Studies have shown that the main ingrediant (niacinamide) not only reduces fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, redness but it also has a natural spf of 4. There's also one study that shows that it has the same efficacy as topical clindamycin for the treatment of acne (mind you, think most acne sufferers have nonbacterial causes for their acne).
I'm on my 4th bottle of this serum and I see no reason for me to ever stop using this. I adore this product !

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 7:58:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Olay's DAILY REGENERATING SERUM is a miracle worker. I started to see visible results after one week; my skin was radiant and the expression lines on my forehead started shrinking. The serum also helps to moisturize my skin.

After a month of using it twice a day - under moisturizer - I have to hold a mirror right up to my head to see any lines. I've not suffered from any breakouts, itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin; something which 90% of creams, serums and other skin treatments Iíve tried do (Iíve tried many different brands from all price ranges).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by cutebetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to PRE-moisturizer in the cold, dry winter months. Let me explain. After taking Accutane a few years ago, my skin is VERY dry and sensitive. It's tolerable in the summer, but in the winter I found that I need a serum + a lightweight moisturizer + another moisturizing product like a tinted moisturizer, or a sunscreen. It's pricey for a drugstore brand (currently $26 Cdn at Walmart), but it will last you at least two months with every day use. And, it's one of the cheapest *fragrance free* serums out there. The packaging is also kinda...crappy and cheap looking and feeling...but whatever.