Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

2.8

Not tested on animals

on 3/4/2006 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off I love the smell of this! Thats what caught my attention, my hair dresser used this to wash my hair and I fell in love. I have thick hair and this calms it down. You do have to use the conditioner with it, or else your hair will become dry.

on 2/9/2006 6:15:00 PM

I bought this product because I am a fan of PM's serum. I was told by one hair dresser that it is "great." I have colored and highlighted, long hair. I started using it on a regular basis. Within that same time, I was finding my hair to be stiff and dry....... Two weeks ago, while I was in a beauty supply store, purchasing the serum, I commented that I used the shampoo and BOTH sales assistants said "that is so drying, we can't use it." BINGO, that is why my hair is so much dryer than usual! So, I stopped using it and my hair is back to normal. Whew. Maybe it works on virgin hair, but not on processed hair---at least not mine.

on 1/2/2006 10:09:00 AM

not the best at all...
i found something cheaper and better- you can try it too. Jason's Jojoba shampoo leaves your hair very shiny and soft and volumised(i have fine hair so i need it).Perfect for somebody with normal to dry hair, but works for my oily hair too. I truly recommend Aubrey Organics too - GPB Hair shampoo and conditioner.It is a very natural and treats your hair and makes them look at least twice as thick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this free at a hair show. And I was thrilled to use this stuff. But it left my hair really dirty and oily and sticky.

on 11/17/2005 11:23:00 PM

I tried a small, travel sized bottle of this not really expecting too much. However, upon first use, this seems to be an excellent smoothing shampoo, with one caveat. Yes, I agree with some of the previous reviewers in that this COULD weigh down hair a lot, use only a small amount and rinse very well. My hair is wavy and fine and in doing this, I did not experience any weigh down whatsoever. A great smoothing and straightening shampoo with a great smell too!

on 10/23/2005 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have fine straight hair that can get
odd shaped waves if I let it air dry.
This product did not leave my hair
any straighter and it gave my
hair a tacky, over-conditioned feel.

on 10/7/2005 2:19:00 PM

This shampoo did help cut drying time and appeared to lessen frizz, but it was at the cost of drying out my scalp...itchy!

on 10/6/2005 10:49:00 AM

Itīs a fine shampoo, but there are betters alt there. Maybe it will work better in not so dry hair. But it does smeel good.

on 9/18/2005 10:34:00 PM

I love this shampoo. I was never the kind of person who spent a lot of money on shampoos - I thought they were the same. But then I tried super skinny, and wow! I see a difference. I'm Asian and have fine, straight hair, so I'm not trying to get my hair "super skinny," but this shampoo really lessened frizzies and flyaways. Also makes my hair feel soft and look shiny. Con: I need to use a clarifying shampoo once a week as it does make my hair oily after a while.

Price - Expensive, but since my mom is a hairstylist, she gets a discount :)

Packaging - I prefer pump bottles.

Will purchase again. I'm already on my second bottle.

on 8/24/2005 9:03:00 PM

I love this shampoo - it's one of my staples. It is also the first shampoo that I ever used (and I've tried many) that genuinely did significantly alter the texture of my hair (in a good way). I just got about 6 1/2 inches cut off my hair, but before I did, it had a tendency (still does) to get frizzy (even though I have no curl whatsoever - go figure). This shampoo smoothed my hair considerably and left a nice shine, made it more manageable. I still love it now that my hair is shorter (still shoulder length) - leaves it soft, silky, and shiny. I use the whole line together - shampoo, conditioner, and skinny serum. I'd definitely recommend this! Oh, and one of the best things about this line is that it significantly reduces drying time. :o)

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products