November 23, 2014 | 1048 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is such an awesome concept. I love the idea that there is no plastic bottle packaging, and the fact that it is very portable.

I don't have extremely dry hair, but I do condition my ends on a daily basis. So honestly, I can't say that this would be a great conditioner for someone with really damaged ends.

What I do love about this stuff is the smell and how it lingers. Even after swimming in a chlorinated pool I could still smell the conditioner.

Now, the scent isn't for everyone. When putting it in my hair it reminds me of pine needles. And the scent left in my hair smells like a mix between tropically/hippie. Okay, I know that's not the most clear description, but if you are not into smelling earth-y or wood-sy this wouldn't be for you. But I love the smell, and would use it for that sole purpose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A multi use product for me!

I use this with Godiva or New shampoo. It smells good and the smell lingers but isn't overpowering. I wet the bar and slide it around my hands a moment then run my hands through my hair until i have a coating on it. After a few minutes I rinse and my hair is smooth.

After my shower, when my hair is mainly dry I use this to smooth flyaways. Whenever I have hair that just won't lay right I smooth my hand over a dry piece (i usually slice a small chunk off after purchase) and then over the trouble spot of hair. Dry it smoothes my hair and adds more of the jungle smell to my hair and it works perfectly.

Would buy this again in a heartbeat

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by puggyxisxbored

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this along with the Godiva shampoo bar and concluded that conditioners probably shouldn't be solid. In order to use it, I had to break off chunks and smush it into a paste in the palm of my hand to work through my hair. It does not give the same slip as bottled conditioner, although it did moisturize my hair pretty well and made it easy to detangle. I like the smell: it is fruity, but yet a bit masculine. However, I won't be repurchasing since it is too painful to use. I can get the same (or better) results with a cheaper liquid conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by bizcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Jungle is wonderful, and it's getting a totally unfair rap!

It smells like pine (YUM, especially with the violet scent of Daddy-O shampoo), and because it does not contain silicones, it won't give that same feeling of slip to your hair in the shower.
This does give great moisture once the hair is dry, though it may not be quite enough for those with very fried locks.

It's great for the environment, and in the long run, better for your hair than a bunch of silicones!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by agend99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE Jungle conditioner. It smells wonderful and makes my hair soft without weighing it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by monsterbeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't actually used Jungle for a while, as I've been on American Cream kick, but I've noticed Jungle gets a bit of hate, so here is my two pennies:

I loved the effect it had on my hair, but applying it was such a pain. Simple solution. Put the block (or a bit of it) into a pot, pour some hot water in, and bung the lid on. A day or so and voila, a pastey, semi-liquid version of Jungle has formed.

I've never had one 'go off' but if you were worried, fresh batches could be regularly made with small chunks of Jungle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Lisa702

This is the worst smell ever! Does not work for me & would not buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, i had wanted to try this product for a while so when i was next the my LUSH store, i asked for a sample. The guy working there gave me a HUGE sample plus a little sample of Veganese liquid condition. So i had already read on the website that your hair doesnt see the benefits of this conditioner until its dry so i knew what to expect. Was a little difficult to use but i like it.
I actually REALLY like the smell, kinda herbal/grassy/coconut, i wish LUSH made more sents like this.
I have REALLY notty hair so i was suprised that this actually did de-tangle my hair a bit, and left the nice smell.
I think other conditioners could do better though, i probably would re-buy because it smells good :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well... This was hard to use. I had an icky feeling spreding crumbs of this to my hair :P I tried to rub this into a paste like consistency but it wouldn't really dissolve under hot water. I did feel it made my hair healthier looking but it didn't give much shine..I guess it's because it doesn't have silicone and that should be a good thing...:S It was also annoying to clean my bathroom floor after my shower, I was also afraid the pieces of this solid conditioner might jam the drain.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally love all things LUSH but I found that it makes my hair a bit heavy and doesn't leave them as shiny as I would have liked it