October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Blue for Women

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had first smelled this on one of my daughter's girlfriend's while visiting last year and just had to have it! It is summery, not too overpowering, and everytime I wear it, I get compliments. Also, the fragrance REALLY lasts, so a little goes a long way. Would most definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2006 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice scent but another one that is tough to wear. It's funny how I came to buy this scent. My hairdresser wore it, and at first I despised it..but month after month of smelling it, I suddenly began to like it! I bought it too. I don't wear it much, more of a winter fragrance in my opinion. Also, you have to be careful not to apply too much because it can come across rather strong at first. I love the dry down..very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by silverain82

This is hands down my HG perfume! I bought a big bottle back in late '07 and I still have 2/3 of the bottle left... Such a classic fragrance...comes in an elegant blue bottle that's super easy to use...with a silver lid with RL on top of it. A beautiful floral/aquatic...difficult to describe...to me, it smells fresh, kinda like Finesse shampoo! This fragrance is so unique...it can be worn during any season...also it can be a soft casual daytime fragrance...and can be worn for an evening out as well! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ralph Lauren Blue!! Definite repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a sample of Ralph Lauren Blue for Women on Ebay. I really enjoy this so far. There's an interesting, dry peppery note in it that has a catnip-like quality for me. I keep smelling my wrists and forearms, where I applied the scent. It's sexy, sensual, modern but not too trendy thankfully(ex:those cotton candy, burnt-sugar concoctions that so many girls and women of all ages now seem to be soaking themselves in).

I plan to buy a full-sized bottle of RLs Blue. I think it's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

I think I just bought one of the most happiest fresh airy fragrances! I got a little spray size sample at the department store and wore it for a few days thinking I wouldn't like it too much. I have been eyeing this baby for almost 2 years. After sharing the sample with my mom and using it off and on I had to go out and buy a full bottle!
When I wear this I instantly feel happy and I find it really works well if you want a fresh womanly fragrance;it's not too musky and it's definetly not woodsy/oriental smelling. The name "Blue" fits the description of the fragrance because when I wear it I immediately think of the ocean or walking in fields of fresh flowers and the breeze smells like this.
The ingredients are: Cool and fresh, this soft floral melts into the skin with soft notes of lotus flower, gardenia, and pink peony, exotic blossoms such as tuberose, rose de mai, and orange flower enriched with musk, ambrette, and sandalwood.
Also the packaging of this bottle is amazing. It's a beautiful blue square bottle that is sturdy with a thick silver elegant cap. To me its a very down to earth simple smell with a touch of eligance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty fragrance. The soft florals mixed with musk is to die for. I'm surprised I'm just discovering it, but I'm glad it's now part of my collection. It's very clean and sensual. UPDATE: I rarely wear this anymore. All of a sudden there's this mothball type note in it that turns me off. Had to lower my rating.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This one seems like the least fashionable fragrance ever launched by Ralph Lauren. Okay, RL does not do as much "fashion" as much as "style", but I find it really hard to place Blue. I can't imagine it going with any of the clothes from RL or from anybody for that matter. For me, it is more of a "mood fragrance", very much like Clarins' range of Eau Dynamisante or Eau Tranquility, except that this RL Blue made me sea-sick after a while, as its notes are too watery. It has succeeded in invoking the feel and mood of the sea, but it has gone too far, with no notes to anchor the lotus flower, rose de mai and other airy florals. It is a little like Ralph Cool, but Ralph Cool has more of an attitude, with some fruity notes to bring some texture to the fragrance. RL Blue, in contrast, is just flat and boring, and totally devoid of style (whether defined by RL or other designers).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Rubberducky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a very strange relationship with Ralph Lauren Blue for Women. About two years ago i purchased this thinking i would like it....i ended up detesting it . I gave it to my best friend who also hated it and who passed it on to her eldest sister who LOVED it. About a month ago i was in the mall and over heared a woman who complimented another woman about her perfume. The women who was being complimented said to the lady "thanks for the compliments, i am wearing Ralph Lauren Blue". My i was surprised.After hearing that i decided to pass very close to the lady and my god she smelled like a million box. I passed several times and boy did she smell good.

Later that week I repurchased a bottle of Ralph Lauren Blue thinking i will receive tons of compliments and smell like a million box. Well non of the above occured. I started wearing RL Blue to work and i actually got a comment not a compliment from someone. A co-worker said "Wow you smell just like my ex boyfriend a nice smooth masculine scent" Well i came to relize this fragrance is good on everyone one else. It's a good frangrance, not to complex and clean. I think most people will enjoy wearing it but it just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by damndisthing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THis the best fragrance i've smelt because the when you smell its as if it's pulling you into a story/fantasy. I love the gardenia smell too, so refreshing, so calming and yet so merserising

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lovefragrance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is okay. Nothing to write home about. It sort of "wants" to be everything the lovely Fred. Malle Lys Meditteranae is but it falls quite? short. It smells similar, but in no way as lovely as the lys med. and with fairly more grapefruit? and maybe? vanilla. It seems to try to "mimic" some of the great Italian chypres (like F.M's Lys Med, Acqua di Parma etc.) but does not live up to them and has much more of a distinctive (and not very good) "chemically" or synthetic quality. It is still a good one to "test sniff" for chypre and/or "marine" lovers. ;) :)