October 2, 2014 | 1568 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 1:06:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this along time ago, and I loved it then, however, now I think it's a tad sharp, but still a nice scent, just not for me. I have a close friend who has worn this for years, and it smell so nice on her, creamy and honey like almost. I don't think it's bad for the price at all, but I have smelled alot more scents that are in the $20 range latly that smell better on me anyway. Still worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Moondeva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't get on with Sunflowers, sadly. I wanted to like this and enjoy how it smells on others but it is way too melony for me. It is an underrated classic that is perfect nearly everyday (as long as it works with your chemistry) light, bright and full of the joys of summer. But it is very strong and needs to be used very discreetly. The heart and base notes are lovely but I just can't get past that green watermelon opening. Sadly it triggers my allergies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by SterlingStarfish

I recently received a sample of Sunflowers, and thought maybe this stuff would be alright. Boy was I wrong when I sprayed some on myself. Oh this stuff is super strong and hard to stand. I am usually alright with most perfumes, however, this one just doesn't do it for me and I would never choose it. It might be ok on certain people, however, you won't catch me wearing it. Mostly you get good compliments on scents, but with this one, I got NEGATIVE compliments. YUCK!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by diasphora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's always funny to see how fragrance reviews are so black and white. I only recently started wearing fragrance, so I'm not prejudiced against certain scents, and I LOVE Sunflowers. It's unpretentious, straightforward, summery, and makes me smile. What else could I ask for?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i got my first bottle of this in 1996 for Christmas :} i used it all up and then a few years ago my husband bought me a set with the fragrance, body wash & lotion. i cant wear more than one product at a time since it is rather strong, but one spritz and im good. it smells very summerish. not like sunfowers though, i guess they named it that b/c its yellow? anywho, i like this smell. the bottle is skiny though and always falls over in my med cabinet. LAME.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 10:14:00 AM More reviews by MaDameButtaPhly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An all-time purrfect summer fragrance. It's a clean smell with a bit of(citrus)zing, so you don't need a lot. I admittedly don't wear it as often as I did years ago when it first came out, but I do keep it on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2006 10:17:00 AM More reviews by wscbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers got such bad reviews. I just bought a bottle and I love it. It reminds me of Coty Ghost Myst and Avon Smile Perfume. Maybe that is why it got such low reviews, because it smells like perfumes that don't cost a lot. Come on now, this perfume is really worth trying out. It smells light, and flowery and like a sunny day in a field of flowers. Don't pay any attention to the fact that you can buy a whole set of it at Walmart for $20.00 this perfume is for any age group and will lift your spirits without lifting the money from your wallet.

Update I grew tired of this fragrance pretty quick and swapped it all away.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulFairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use to wear this perfume when I was a teenager! It is great for a young teen! But being an adult I felt it is to sweet smelling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck! Too strong, and smells terrible. Gives me a headache, too. Stay far, far away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this scent is so Junior High. i remember when it was new--EVERYBODY had to have this. EVERYONE wore it, even me. my problem with it was that it was too... for lack of a better word, "sweet". it has this sweet not-quite-clean-not-quite-floral smell that clings to you in childish desperation. the childish need to be accepted by a boy or by a group of mean mall girls.