April 19, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would give this a 3.5.
I actually find it a beautiful spicy rose scent, but with enough sweetness and warmth to remain very feminine and compelling. The only reason I don't give it a 4 or higher is because it is VERY sweet and strong, and therefore too easy to overdo.
However, when worn sparingly, I think this could smell nice on the right person. Maybe the body lotion or body wash would be a subtle way to wear this scent without overpowering those around us.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I can thank my sister for my complete and utter aversion to this...I swear I think she used to BATHE in this stuff. To this day I can smell it a mile away and it immediately gives me a pounding headache. This is the strongest most over-powering scent I've ever encountered.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hillybilly78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My nana wears this scent, its way to strong and overpowering and dosnt matter who wears it, it smells the same on everyone! Phewff it stinks! Its a old lady scent if you ask me, wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ljmeste

This fragrance is one that I always go back to. It stays with you all day and I get compliments on it... all day. As they say a little goes a long way. One of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by manarnoor

this was one of my first fragrances i got. it's very strong when i first but it on, but after a while it get softer and i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kiki321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my very first perfume when I came to US 17 years ago. It was adorable then, but I have outgrown it now. I still like it but with all the other choices around, I would rather not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Red Door is a nice perfume, myself find it warm winter fragrance. I can't wear it in summer, something about wearing this in winter is fitting.
Its a classic, men have complimented me on it, so have women,,

I guess the bad reviews have to do with peoples memories of it, just like a fashion trend.

The Fragrance is nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For nostalgia's sake, I'll give it 2 lippies. I notice most reviewers who still love it are in my age range. And I will admit that I wore this stuff constantly when it first came out - but just a whiff of it now reminds me of my days going out in dresses with giant shoulder pads, nipped in waist and really big hair created by hot rollers and lots o' Studio Line mousse. It just screams 1980s to me, but even though the 80s fashions are (unfortunately) back in style for many younger women, I can't imagine they'd want to smell like the 80s!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by JBAngel1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, this is a defence for Red Door which is getting a pounding on these boards! I would never wear this fragrance now but just the smell of it takes me back to my early twenties when I was just starting professional life. I used to bathe in this stuff - shower gel, body lotion and EDP every day - God I must have stunk to high heaven at work! However, I can honestly say hand on heart that no fragrance has every smelt so good to me at the time - I worshipped it. Nothing I have worn since makes me feel quite so good and no that doesn't mean I would go back to wearing it because it just isn't a today kind of scent - small children would recoil in horror I'm sure! - but I'm always looking for a scent that smells a little like it but just not so full on. Ocassionally I still buy myself the body lotion and wear that because I get the comforting gorgeous smell without the gag factor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know alot of people are going to think i'm crazy/stupid for rating this fragrance so highly judging from all the reviews i'm reading but here goes. I find Red Door absolutely glorious. It is soooooooooooo floral. Roses, violets, lilies, orchids, every flower known to man. If its a flower, its in Red Door. When i spray it on it is simply the most divine floral scent i have ever experienced!!!!!! Also, the honey note is very evident after a couple of hours of wearing as well which makes the scent even sweeter mixed with all the flowers. Pure, golden, unadulterated, honey....straight from honeycombs. I'm surprised at how authentic the honey note is. Also, as i was wearing this i smelled what i thought was candle wax. Deep, rich, candle wax. As other reviewers have stated, Red Door is the epitome of the word perfume. I dont mean that in a negative way though. Red Door is floral perfume. Perfume that smells like perfume that smells like flowers. What a crazy concept....perfume that smells like perfume. Red Door has been on the market a long time and theres a reason for it. The reason is is that its simply magnificent in all its floral splendor and people like it and it has a loyal following. And Red Door has gained a new follower in me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No