November 24, 2014 | 1673 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally I sampled Red Door again lately, having not smelled it in well over a decade. It started out smelling fresh and floral, like springtime. For a minute I couldn't understand the low ratings here. And then it swiftly became the typical heavy and plasticky 80s-esque gagger! If you like Oscar DLR Volupte or Lancome Tresor, you will probably like Red Door too! 'No sale' is a definite understatement here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this fragrance on a friend of mine, so of course I bought it. I definatley realized it is far too 'heavy'. I am not a fan of musky scents and this dried down to a very deep musk/rose which is great on others..not on me. I reccomend trying it first if you don't normally wear strong perfume. Oh...and I gave it a 1 on the packaging...very 'Dynasty' from the 80's..lol..!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by jeanol

A friend wears this as her signature scent. On her it smells absolutely divine; on me cat's wee!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by pixieface

My mother-in-law wears this, absolutely rank. This is gag material.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

smells like my mom, circa 1990. it's a nostalgic smell so i kind of love it, but it hasn't aged well. it seems very dated.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by josette40

I have been searching high and low for 5th avenue after 5 around here and have not been able to find it so I decided I would try a sample of Red Door, picked it up at Target today. I love it, smells like honeysuckle on me and very feminine and sexy, it drydowned very nicely on my skin. A classy, lovely fragrance, going to be one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my! A lot of people really hate this scent. Hmm, we have all become so watered down as far as fragrance. I have to say that I don't even smell cologne on anyone anymore. I think there is something so classy about smelling a whiff of fragrance when a woman walks by. What's the point of wearing the stuff if nobody can smell it? Well, anyway I used to wear this about ten years ago and I loved it. I think it smells very sophisticated and I don't care what anyone says. But, unfortunately, I became allergic to the scent and couldn't wear it anymore. If this didn't happen I would still be donning it with pride for it's a great scent for real women!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would give this a 3.5.
I actually find it a beautiful spicy rose scent, but with enough sweetness and warmth to remain very feminine and compelling. The only reason I don't give it a 4 or higher is because it is VERY sweet and strong, and therefore too easy to overdo.
However, when worn sparingly, I think this could smell nice on the right person. Maybe the body lotion or body wash would be a subtle way to wear this scent without overpowering those around us.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I can thank my sister for my complete and utter aversion to this...I swear I think she used to BATHE in this stuff. To this day I can smell it a mile away and it immediately gives me a pounding headache. This is the strongest most over-powering scent I've ever encountered.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hillybilly78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My nana wears this scent, its way to strong and overpowering and dosnt matter who wears it, it smells the same on everyone! Phewff it stinks! Its a old lady scent if you ask me, wouldnt recommend it to anyone.