August 1, 2014 | 1921 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

smells like my mom, circa 1990. it's a nostalgic smell so i kind of love it, but it hasn't aged well. it seems very dated.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by josette40

I have been searching high and low for 5th avenue after 5 around here and have not been able to find it so I decided I would try a sample of Red Door, picked it up at Target today. I love it, smells like honeysuckle on me and very feminine and sexy, it drydowned very nicely on my skin. A classy, lovely fragrance, going to be one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my! A lot of people really hate this scent. Hmm, we have all become so watered down as far as fragrance. I have to say that I don't even smell cologne on anyone anymore. I think there is something so classy about smelling a whiff of fragrance when a woman walks by. What's the point of wearing the stuff if nobody can smell it? Well, anyway I used to wear this about ten years ago and I loved it. I think it smells very sophisticated and I don't care what anyone says. But, unfortunately, I became allergic to the scent and couldn't wear it anymore. If this didn't happen I would still be donning it with pride for it's a great scent for real women!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would give this a 3.5.
I actually find it a beautiful spicy rose scent, but with enough sweetness and warmth to remain very feminine and compelling. The only reason I don't give it a 4 or higher is because it is VERY sweet and strong, and therefore too easy to overdo.
However, when worn sparingly, I think this could smell nice on the right person. Maybe the body lotion or body wash would be a subtle way to wear this scent without overpowering those around us.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I can thank my sister for my complete and utter aversion to this...I swear I think she used to BATHE in this stuff. To this day I can smell it a mile away and it immediately gives me a pounding headache. This is the strongest most over-powering scent I've ever encountered.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hillybilly78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My nana wears this scent, its way to strong and overpowering and dosnt matter who wears it, it smells the same on everyone! Phewff it stinks! Its a old lady scent if you ask me, wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ljmeste

This fragrance is one that I always go back to. It stays with you all day and I get compliments on it... all day. As they say a little goes a long way. One of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by manarnoor

this was one of my first fragrances i got. it's very strong when i first but it on, but after a while it get softer and i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kiki321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my very first perfume when I came to US 17 years ago. It was adorable then, but I have outgrown it now. I still like it but with all the other choices around, I would rather not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Red Door is a nice perfume, myself find it warm winter fragrance. I can't wear it in summer, something about wearing this in winter is fitting.
Its a classic, men have complimented me on it, so have women,,

I guess the bad reviews have to do with peoples memories of it, just like a fashion trend.

The Fragrance is nice.