October 2, 2014 | 917 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Awful. Dries hair, makes it straw-like and unmanageable, weird coconut bits remain and have to be combed out, a thorough mess! I have curls and this did nothing for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by organicjunkiee

This is not a shampoo it's a detergent ,this is strong enough to wash clothes...first time when I washed ma hair with this ma hair became so dry that I had use castor oil to condition ma hair.it's just too harsh use it on ma hair

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shiny, Clean Hair! But it is too expensive to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this regularly, maybe once a week. But since I have limp and easily weighed-down hair, I get all of my build up out with this. I enjoy the sensation of the salt in my hair and it foams up really easily. A definite staple of my long term hair care.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by lizbathory88

I really love this shampoo. Super volumizing, but not hydrating at all. I hate the packaging and wished it would last longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've purchased this product over a dozen times. I've been using it since I was 17. I now use the solid shampoos since I stopped colouring my hair. I love the sea salt in this mixture, really cleans and purifies the hair. Hair is nice and shiny and smells good. It is also a little more voluminous. If you want to detoxify your hair pick up a tub of this. You won't be sorry. I've switched to Godiva now since I no longer colour or process my hair... but if I start colouring my hair again I will get this. I just found that it helped my hair loads.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cosmetticjunki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS: smell, multi-use, gives hair body, cleans hair gives shine, container (you can return 5 jars to get a free face mask

CONS: price, hard to open in the shower

After trying LUSH shampoo bars i was not impressed. So i was not very excited when they gave me a sample of BIG at the counter. However no lie the morning i decided to use the sample i went to LUSH and bought the full jar after my shower. BIG is a shampoo from Lush. It was $22.95 for 11.6oz. its suppose to give limp hair the volume it deserves with seaweed infusion to soften hair and citrus juices for shine. Its a unique consistency from any shampoo i have every used. Its like watered down jello with small and large chunks of salt. IT SMELLS AMAZING like citrus-y lime and a side of sweetness. Salt is full of minerals which maintain the moisture balance of your skin. Fresh lime Juice delivers instant shine and leaves your hair feeling extra clean. I think the shampoo lives up to what LUSH claims. It does not give me a afro but my hair feels clean and has body afterwards. Even though this shampoo is pricey in my opinion it can be used in different ways. You can always use it as a body scrub, which i have and its great! THe lady at the store told me she used it to scrub her bathtub and it works great! The entire bathroom will have the BIG smell and it cleans with not much effort because of the salt. Lastly the packaging it very cute. Its a hard black plastic jar. If you care of course LUSH has the person who made its face stuck on the side. The best thing is you can exchange 5 jars for a FRESH FACE MASK FOR FREE! This includes shower jelly jars and more. This will help the sting of the high price tag. I only gave packagin a 4 because i sometimes find it difficult to open the jar in the shower when my hands are wet. All in all one of my favorite products from lush and at this time the 2nd most popular on the LUSH USA website. I am still waiting for the big perfume to come back...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kmikula

I requested a sample before buying this, and I'm really glad I did! I'd definitely suggest that you do too, because it's really expensive to buy without knowing how it works!

I wasn't impressed. My hair is thin so it should be easy to give it volume, but somehow this didn't do the trick. I liked the salt crystals, and I loved the smell, but it definitely didn't do what it claimed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ajn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this product! My mom bought it for me a couple years ago, and I've been using it on/off whenever I come home from college, and the smell is by far my favorite thing about it. It does a good job cleaning my hair. When I first bought it I used LUSH Veganese conditioner, but my hair was oily and gross after a couple days of that combination so I stopped using the conditioner and now use whatever I have in my house. A little goes a long way - I never take it with me since it looks like it is almost gone, but there's a lot more in the tub than I expected! I don't really notice a difference in my hair volume, but I don't really care - I want a shampoo that leaves my hair clean not volumized. I wouldn't buy again just because it is expensive, but I will miss using it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SavvyShopper3

Pros: Volume-adding, deep cleaning, shine

Cons: Sea salt fall-out, time consuming to use

I finally found a deep cleaning shampoo!!

I have been on a search for a shampoo that truly gives me lots of volume. I do have fairly thick hair to begin with but I flat iron my hair regularly and want the volume to last me more than a day. I have tried Big Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner in the past and saw no additional body or volume after using it.

I always used to leave the shower with this feeling that there is still residue in my hair that shampoos do not completely get out. Big was the first shampoo that left my hair squeaky (and still shiny!!).

The smell of this shampoo is a little hard for me to describe because I can't think of anything specific to compare it to. It has a clean, very crisp, slightly citrusy smell. The fragrance lingers in my hair only while it is wet. I have a habit of asking my husband what my hair smells like after use any new hair product and his response when I have washed with Big is always "it just smells really... clean" - so I guess that about sums it up!

I like to use about a half teaspoon-sized chunk of this shampoo, work it in really well in the front of my scalp and temples and then a little more (1/2 tsp again or less) to work into the back and crown of my scalp. I have to point out that I am probably using more than needed because, one, I have long hair and two, I am very ambitious about getting as much volume as possible when I use this shampoo!

Although Big aims to do most of its cleansing with sea salt and lime juice, it does have some surfactant content - sodium laureth sulfate - so it will lather up to an extent. It is essential to scoop up a well balanced combination of the chunky sea salt and liquid product as the liquid content is what will give you the lather. After I have worked the product into my hair really well with the water off, I slowly splash water into my coated hair to work up a nice lather. After some initial trial and error, I find that this process works the best to take full advantage of this wonderful shampoo. But like I mentioned in my cons, it can be more time consuming than your average shampoo!

The only thing that I don't like about the shampoo is the that some of the salt tends to fall out before I have a chance to work it in. And the fact that is a time consuming process. But this should NOT be used as a daily shampoo! Depending on how oily your hair gets I would recommend using it once or twice (for extra oily hair) a week. If you find that it is drying your hair out, I would even cut it down to once every two weeks - just to deep cleanse your hair and get rid of any product build-up (even if you don't use styling products, your regular daily shampoo & conditioner is probably leaving build-up to some degree!)

I normally use Big on the days I know I will be blow drying or flat-ironing my hair because it gives my hair loads of volume and shine. And my straightened hair stays looking fresh and clean for a lot longer!

I would absolutely recommend this shampoo to anyone looking to add volume, deep clean and make their hair last longer between shampoos. It is great if you are finding that your hair tends to start looking flat after straightening.

If your hair is already dry to begin with, this is probably not the right product for you.

The Bottom Line:
I personally LOVE it but it might not be the best shampoo for people with dry hair

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No