December 18, 2014 | 1717 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great for removing makeup! I use it before my Clinique Acne Solutions cleanser and it really helps remove stubborn makeup.
It doesn't irritate, and as long as I use a moisturizer after washing, it doesn't dry my skin out. The bottle is pretty big, and you need a very very little amount to get a nice lather. Overall, it is a pretty good value, it lasts forever, and I will always repurchase this when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I recieved this as a gift with purchase and didn't touch it for over a year. When I ran out of my current cleanser, though (I was experimenting) I went to see to test it out.
It does remove make-up very well but leaves skin feeling dry. You definitely have to tone and moisturize immediately after using this. I only use at night and a cream cleanser in the morning.

I'm still on the fence as to if I will buy the full size or not - the dryness of it is a turn off, but it removes my heavy foundation well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser and have been using it for a few years now. I occasionally experiment with other cleansers, but I always come back to this product. It removes heavy foundation and eye makeup, including mascara, with ease. It is gentle and non-drying on my dry/combination, sensitive skin. I lather a small amount each night to remove make up. The bottle lasts for at least several months. I use this in conjunction with the Clinique # 3 toner and my skin is totally clean and clear. With this combination of products, my prior problem of periodic acne breakouts has become nonexistent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so far my best cleanser (2nd is St Ives) ever. I am not a heavy makeup girl (no foundation, only loose powder/blush + mascara) and it does take off all of those. A little goes a long way so the price is decent for what is in the tube. If you wear medium to full coverage foundation with lots of eye shadow, liners esp liquid gel liner I would recommend using a separate eye/face makeup remover FIRST. They are there for a reason ;) After this cleanser I use Clinique toner 2 and it removes the very last bit of dirt on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is an extraordinarily mediocre product from the Clinique stable. Doesn't take off all your makeup, though it promises to - I was always left with a thin layer of foundation on my skin that had to be removed with a cotton swab and wipe-off cleanser - and the extremely foamy texture left even my oily skin painfully dry, chalky and stretchy. I started to dread washing my face with it, and that's when I figured it was probably time to get rid of it, despite the high price. All in all, a pretty unhappy experience!

Switched to Origins' Clean Energy makeup removing oil immediately thereafter and there's been no looking back since.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a couple of years now, and decided to make a review on it. Please note that this product is not meant to be your main cleanser, this is for makeup removal, a pre-cleanse, if you have normal/combination skin. So for that purpose, it's really good. A small amount is needed and it foams up big with water. This is how I use it: first I use an eye makeup remover (the Neutrogena dual phase one at the moment) and get all that mascara and junk off my eyes. Then I use this, I wet my whole face, put a pea-sized amount in my hand, add some water and rub it together to build a lather then apply to my face and neck. That's the best way to get the makeup off, gently massaging into the skin to break up the foundation and sunscreen. Anyway then I rinse really really well and follow up with my regular cleanser (Prescriptives). This method allows me to use less cleanser than I normally would. When I use a toner, the cotton pad is clean so I know it works. And my skin isn't dry or breaking out. I will continue to purchase this, as I am on my second tube after two years, it's a great value for what it does. For reference, I have normal-to-dry skin in the winter and normal-to-slightly oily skin in the summer that is easily sensitive. No breakouts or sensitivities as long as I stick to my skin care.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I received this in a GWP. I find this cleanser to be a bit overdrying to my skin. And, I am not overly keen about its scent either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this cleanser. My skin was always nicely cleaned after using it, but it didn't feel tight or dry afterwards. I would use this more often, but I find the price to be too high. It's 15 in the UK (although I could try on-line shops I guess). I'd rather spend less on a cleanser and more on treatments/moisturisers. Would recommend this to people with normal/combo/oily skin and will probably re buy at some point.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by fishy2442

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like many people, I received a travel size of this (which I LOVE that Clinique gives so many great-sized free gifts) I have extremely sensitive skin that is dry and sometimes dry combination. This didn't irritate it at all. It is insanely concentrated, so I only need a tiny pea sized dot. After trying this for a while, I realized that it was too drying, which makes sense because it's labeled for dry combination skin and mine is dry to very dry. It actually cause me to become oily because my skin was overproducing oil to make up for the oils stripped while I used this cleanser! While this isn't the greatest for my skin type, I found that this good at removing face makeup (not eye or lip makeup) which is more than some other cleansers. This is good if you have normal to oily skin, and if you use an oil-based makeup remover because it removes that gross feeling quickly. Overall, a good cleanser for normal to oily skin, but too drying for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by amyaustell

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this in a recent gift with purchase. I didn't expect much, but I love it! I have very sensitive skin and breakout easily. Since using this, I've gotten so many compliments on my skin, and it in no way dries out my skin. It does a great job of removing make up...even eye make up. Not sure why the reviewer below said it wasn't suitable for the eye area. I use it all the time and I have ocular rosacea. No issues...you just have to make sure you rinse it well. The other plus is that it lasts forever. You only need a pea-size to wash your face. Even with that amount, I usually have enough to wash my neck and chest.