January 25, 2015 | 1942 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by TekkaMakki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scrub smells fantastic - and it looks more like something you might eat than exfoliate yourself with, a chocolatey vanilla dessert. Anyway, using it one a week keeps my skin very smooth, and it really doesn't dry it out either. It's true that the grains are pretty big and coarse (though I wouldn't really know, this is the second scrub I've ever bought), but this means that you only need to use a small quantity each time. I will definitely go back for some more :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 10:23:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

This stuff smells amazing! It smells like Almond and Chocolate. It is the perfect scrub in my opinion. Since it is not made with salt or sugar it does not melt away in the shower, so you can srub as little or as much as you want with it. I use it on my hands every few days and my body once a week or when I have the time. I am going back to buy more from the Cocoa Butter line!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2004 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this scrub a lot. The scrubbing particles have perfect size, not too big or too coarse, also not too small. It smells like chocolate (I almost want to eat it). It does not leave a greasy layer of oil on your skin as some of the salt or sugar scrubs. When I bought it, I was almost talked into by the saleslady to get the Mango Scrub. I did not get the Mango Scrub because I noticed the difference between these two scrubs is not just the smell but also the scrubbing agent. The Mango Scrub uses salt crystals as the scrubbing agent and the Cocoa Butter version uses ground rice and almond stone granules. Since most salt and sugar scrubs are soaked in oil, they usually are much more greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2004 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MMPiano313

Every time I use this stuff, I look at it and think to myself, I'll bet this would taste really, really delicious. It smells like a dessert, seriously. It's the best thing I have bought from TBS, and I've bought a lot. I use it before I shave my legs and I swear that I get better results, but honestly, even if it did nothing else, I'd use it for the smell. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by speedoairhed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is SO awesome. i love it. i got it becuase my friend loves the body shop, so i wanted to try it and i love it. it is a great scrub and doesnt leave u feeling too *squeaky* clean. if u use the body butter after, ur skin feels so soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this scrub. It has a creamy texture, which I prefer to the salt/oil scrubs, and it smells wonderful. It does a great job buffing my skin, without being overly harsh. However, I got this as a gift and I just saw the price on it the other day- $16 for 200ml. It is a little pricey for me (for the amount in the tub) so I don't think I'll be repurchasing unless it goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by KeiKi

This was less than 1/2 price at a sale so I bought 2 on recommendations from MUA and friends. Rather grainy scrub but great for endless scrubbing! Smells quite good and leaves a light almondy scent. Smooths my skin very well. I use it once a week all over my body and my skin feels so silky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

Got this after reading good reviews everywhere, and it sure lives up to its hype! The smell is divine (almost like chocolate... blackforest cake!), and the grains are coarse enough for scurbbing on the body, and it leaves my skin smooth like a sleek goddess! The smell is strangely comforting to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 6:56:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

Wow, this is almost replacing my HG scrub! This is the different than the rest of TBS scrubs because it's not as oily....and I love scrubs that dont leave you feeling like a oil slick. My skin just feels so soft and smooth afterwards. Will definately repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by IceDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I really really like this stuff!! It smells absolutely divine...mmmm sweet and chocolatey. I always enjoy getting in the tub at night and turning on the radio and using this stuff. It feels so good...! It's got such a wonderful creamy texture with little...umm...redish pieces of stuff in there to exfoliate. I like this tons better than regular salt scrubs, which tend to overdry my skin. I got this about a week ago and foresee it lasting for a while. It's $16, but hey, it's a real nice treat...and a little bit goes a long way...and did I mention it smells sooooo divine?!