November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this scrub. It has a creamy texture, which I prefer to the salt/oil scrubs, and it smells wonderful. It does a great job buffing my skin, without being overly harsh. However, I got this as a gift and I just saw the price on it the other day- $16 for 200ml. It is a little pricey for me (for the amount in the tub) so I don't think I'll be repurchasing unless it goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by KeiKi

This was less than 1/2 price at a sale so I bought 2 on recommendations from MUA and friends. Rather grainy scrub but great for endless scrubbing! Smells quite good and leaves a light almondy scent. Smooths my skin very well. I use it once a week all over my body and my skin feels so silky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

Got this after reading good reviews everywhere, and it sure lives up to its hype! The smell is divine (almost like chocolate... blackforest cake!), and the grains are coarse enough for scurbbing on the body, and it leaves my skin smooth like a sleek goddess! The smell is strangely comforting to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 6:56:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

Wow, this is almost replacing my HG scrub! This is the different than the rest of TBS scrubs because it's not as oily....and I love scrubs that dont leave you feeling like a oil slick. My skin just feels so soft and smooth afterwards. Will definately repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by IceDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I really really like this stuff!! It smells absolutely divine...mmmm sweet and chocolatey. I always enjoy getting in the tub at night and turning on the radio and using this stuff. It feels so good...! It's got such a wonderful creamy texture with little...umm...redish pieces of stuff in there to exfoliate. I like this tons better than regular salt scrubs, which tend to overdry my skin. I got this about a week ago and foresee it lasting for a while. It's $16, but hey, it's a real nice treat...and a little bit goes a long way...and did I mention it smells sooooo divine?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by dreamer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product helped to slough off all my flakies on arms and legs during the winter time :) In the winter, i used this scrub about 3-4 times a week, and now that it's april, only about once a week (if that, i keep forgetting:) hehe Once you wash this off, your skin literally feels baby soft smooth, and it helps that it smells so yummY! Will repurchase, but seriously, this is a big size, should last anyone a long while!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2004 2:31:00 AM More reviews by bitesize

When I firt used this, I felt like the granules should be smaller, just because I'm used to using St. Ives scrubs. After comparing though (and originally thinking St. Ives was the best) I realized that my skin had a healthy glow after using the cocoa scrub and not redness like the St. Ives, because it wasn't irritating my skin!! Really makes my skin look and feel great, and workes really well on my keratosis pilaris. So in conclusion, don't let the larger granules scare you, they won't hurt. :)
I received this as a sample, but will be buying it soon.

edit: finally paid the $16 for the large tub, but will last me forever. I'm sure you can find it on sale, I was just impatient. This is definitely my HG body scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2004 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Natasha79

I L-O-V-E this scrub! It smells amazingly nice and fresh and exfoliates my scaly skin just as well as the more expensive scrubs. I highly recommend this to all!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by anneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff smells so good, I want to eat it. I love the way it makes my skin feel--so incredibly soft. I only wish it came in a bigger jar... I tend to slather it on, so I don't know how many applications I'm going to get out of one container.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 6:29:00 PM More reviews by beboc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this scrub for two reasons. #1-Smells Wonderful! and #2-NO SALT! I love salt scrubs sometimes, they have their purpose, but if you have any scratches, insect bites, cuts (and I mean ANY)salt scrubs BURN! They also dry your skin out in the winter. That's why so many salt scrubs leave you feeling like an oil slick...they have to add lots of oil to counteract the drying properties of salt. This is my favorite scrub for the winter!