September 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, I like this. I like how creamy it is. When I bought it, I was afraid that it was going to be dry and crusty. It wasnt. It is nice and creamy. It has great coverage and it blends well!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ShamyBabess

Not a fan of this. I have the green one and it didnt neutralize the redness at all and the green showed thru my foundation. The only thing about this product I love is that its so easy to apply since its in a tube form. But it's also hard to blend since its such a thick consistency. Not a good experience with this product at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. I use the lightest shade which matches me really well. I have incredibly dark under eye circles and it manages to cover them completely! I use Maybelline corrector concealer (the green one) underneath it on any redness or pimples and they disappear :] in summer I use MAC NW20 over the top.
For those who say they have a hard time getting it on and blending it properly, I recommend LimeCrime's primer and using a good concealer brush. If LimeCrime's too expensive for too little for you, then any eye cream or moisturiser definitely helps :]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by wendiizhou

I have bought alot of concealers because I've found most of them don't have enough coverage. I didn't see the point on buying a liquid concealer that worked just as well as me putting a little more foundation underneath my eye. This one however is fantastic with coverage. It covers anything and is especially good for people with dark circles undearneath their eyes as it stays all day!

The only problem I've had with it is the fact that it's not very blendable so I apply it on the back of my hand so the concealer warms up abit and then apply it with my fingers and it's fine.

Definitely my HG concealer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

This numerical rating system and the short answer questions in the reviewing form remind me why I am a second generation English Major who prefers essay questions. By my numerical rating, it sounds like I'm trashing the product. But regarding it in the category of a cheap drugstore concealer that you grab in an emergency when you're budget-strapped, respect should be shown to this product. I am very fair skinned with a bit of darkness under eye, due to family predisposition to sinus problems. Very hard to find concealers and foundations in my skin tone. Impressively, this color actually matches me pretty well, but what gives it away is the texture, a little too cakey, though doesn't emphasize fine lines as much as some high end non-liquid concealers. Interestingly, I've noticed with both high end and low end concealers, you seem to have to choose between a good color or good texture. Anyway, the color is way closer to my skin tone than Almay ones, which are ridiculously yellow on me. Is this a good option for long term or close up photos? Probably not. But for an emergency and/or non-closeup photos(I need to get my driver's liscence renewed, which is why I quickly grabbed some at the grocery), the color itself is respectable on my fair skin. As in my teens and twenties, this doesn't work very well on areas other than my eyes, due to the texture, not the color. Would recommend having on a good, smoothing eye cream that provides enough moisture before you apply, helps a tiny bit with texture problem, also helps if you use a conservative amount of this concealer. Using less will mean less of darkness hidden, but sometimes better to downplay a flaw than attempt to hide completely--have found concealers of all types can be more noticeable than the flaw, so sometimes it's wiser to downplay the flaw than attempt to completely hide. (Have noticed that men are way more likely to notice a woman wearing too much makeup than the flaw she has when she isn't wearing any makeup, a pleasant relief when you first discover this tendency in men.) But should warn, have noticed that drugstore makeup brands can cause problems for girls in their teens and twenties, best if those darlings save up their money for one or two high quality products, foundation and concealer, than end up spending piles of money cumulatively getting loads of dif. ds foundations and concealers that don't work and irritate acne-prone skin. (Dif. story for twenty-somethings with eyeshadow and mascara, considering how you're supposed to throw out mascara and eyeshadow fairly quickly to prevent eye infections, no point spending a lot on a high end mascara. Besides, have not noticed truly impressive difference w/high end mascara compared to ds brands.) While color of Ivory good for me w/undereye area w/Maybelline concealer, hiding acne not good because of texture(this I remember from trying it out for such purpose back when I was young enough for that to be an issue), also it will show up any dry patches on cheek and T-zone area. This product might not be enough for people with more severe undereye darkness. But at the same time, as I said before, useful in an emergency.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by pinkfizzy

I noticed some reviewers didn't like the thickness of the product, while that's actually what I like about it. I have fairly dark bluish circles under my eyes and creamy concealers either don't cover it enough or don't last very long. This stuff is nice and opaque and lasts all day on me, especially if I put a little powder over it once I've gently blended it in. It is pretty light so it's probably best for people with fair skin. And the price is right!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was all over the Dollar Tree when I was in MS over the summer. For a buck you can't really go wrong. On the packaging it markets itself as 'America's No1 selling concealer'. But product wise, for medium (I had a tan) it's pretty ok, it's got good staying power but the ingreidients can't be that good, it's most likely got wax in it which ended up creating a gloopy infected patch on my sensitive chin. You need powder on it to set it, it is a shiny and malleable product. It's ok for $1!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ShesDeadlyPoison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this concealer since I was 15 (when my standards were lower), so about 7 odd years now. It's never been my favorite. It's been my "well I can't find anything cheaper that works as well." Don't get me wrong, it's a good concealer for the price. But that's about it. The major problem I have with this is that it doesn't cover as well as some claim. It could just be that I have very dark undereye circles, but I don't think so. The formula is moderately blendable, sometimes it's harder than normal. Sometimes I end up having to blend so much, the color is gone. I wouldn't tell anyone not to buy it, but maybe only as a back up or a "just until something better comes along" concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer is fairly good for the price. I used this when I first started out with makeup, and bought it again years later when I needed a concealer but was a bit skint (I fell for the sign on the package with "Voted America's no.1 Concealer!"). I don't like the fact that it doesn't last very long on my skin...my skin is not very oily, and even when I set it with powder, it still fades away after a few hours. Also, I'm gentle with the applicator, but the actual stick of concealer has become wobbly and loose as it's detached from the bottom. It is reasonably cheap though, I like the texture and find it very blendable. The light colour also matches my pale skin, which is great, because I struggle to find the correct colour for my skin. If I'm in need of cash next time I need a concealer, I would probably buy this one again, but I would prefer to buy something a little longer lasting next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I have been using this concealer eversince I started wearing makeup and that was at least a decade ago. I don't know how many tubes I've gone through. I try to branch out multiple times, but somehow I always come back to this. Love the coverage and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It's very long wearing but don't know about being waterproof. I will continue to buy this product as long as they still make them.