Maybelline Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

3.2

on 5/24/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great concealer, used it for years. My skin type is pale with yellow undertones, oily but clear (no real acne problems) and I have dark circles. I’ve never had to use concealer in the mass amount.. but this is great great great for eyes. I’ve got a darkish yellow tone going on around my eyes and this evens out the tone with an added bonus.. since I’ve oily skin I have a problem with eyeshadows creasing or fading. I find some eyeshadow primers too drying.. but this consistency is just right. So it conceals dark discoloration and also provides for a nice smooth lasting base for my eyeshadows. As far as packaging.. I'm not fond of stick concealers because I dont apply directly from the tube to my skin and I find concealers in a pot are easier to scoop with a spatula than stick concealers are.. but for the price and what it does.. it's amazing.

I love this product and I hate this product..

PROS:
- Its the perfect colour to match my pale skin (ivory)
- Cover my imperfections really well (I dont use foundation as everysingle one I have tried clogges my skin and I like my skin to be able to breath and look natural but dont want to go around with red spots on my face)
- Really good creamy formula for use all over face and under eyes.

CONS:
I use it to cover my pimples while they go away and then it It gives me pimples :(:( but I still use it because I cant find anything else that covers as well :(:(

If someone knows of something better let me know!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the most effective undereye concealer I have come across. I chose the white shade since I heard that it works well for dark circles. It's definitely not a miracle for me - but it's the best I've seen. I have yellow based Asian skin and I need to cover it with powder to look natural. If you use too much it will cake up and if you have dry, unmoisturized skin this will accentuate the flakes. It is very easy to blend in and I find that it leaves my eye area more moisturized than when not using it. This definitely lightens up my undereye area and leaves me looking great in photos. It is also great to use to for highlighting areas on the face. If you have lighter skin, this should work well for you.

UPDATE: This looks pretty gross on me now and it doesn't really blend.

on 2/17/2010 10:48:00 PM

I have used this product for about 2 years. It really covers my dark circles. My skin has a lot of yellow base..so it is hard to find anything with the right color. It covers very well. It is a little dry so use a cream before applying. Also dot it on and apply lightly. I have found that Neurtrogena Healthy Skin in Natural beige is a great foundation for my yellow base skin...

on 12/30/2009 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for about a month so far, in both the lightest and the medium shades, and it really is not my favorite at all. It works alright for covering up under-eye dark circles (and in my case they are DARK) but it was not amazing. What I hate about this is though it may blend well and look great on your skin at first, within about an hour or two it settles into your pores and makes you have a bunch of ugly little dots on your skin, or it gets extremely flaky and gross looking. It doesn't work well with my oily skin, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else with oily skin either. Save your money and go for something liquid or better quality! I personally loved the Physician's Formula cubes but now I can't find them anywhere :[.. If anyone knows where to find them I will love you forever if you will let me know! Thanks :]

on 12/13/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't expecting much when I bought this because it's a drugstore brand, but it surprisingly works well to conceal my redness and blemishes.

It's packaged like a lipstick, and I thought it would be hard to apply, but it goes on very smoothly; a little goes a long way, or else you'll just look like Shrek. Considering the price ($5.99 ish) and effectiveness of the product, I think this is a good buy. A lot better than splurging on expensive brands with lukewarm results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a poor concealer for people with dry skin, it's very cakey, and too thick. It's not good for people who break out either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I like this. I like how creamy it is. When I bought it, I was afraid that it was going to be dry and crusty. It wasnt. It is nice and creamy. It has great coverage and it blends well!

on 10/25/2009 12:36:00 AM

Not a fan of this. I have the green one and it didnt neutralize the redness at all and the green showed thru my foundation. The only thing about this product I love is that its so easy to apply since its in a tube form. But it's also hard to blend since its such a thick consistency. Not a good experience with this product at all.

on 10/22/2009 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. I use the lightest shade which matches me really well. I have incredibly dark under eye circles and it manages to cover them completely! I use Maybelline corrector concealer (the green one) underneath it on any redness or pimples and they disappear :] in summer I use MAC NW20 over the top.
For those who say they have a hard time getting it on and blending it properly, I recommend LimeCrime's primer and using a good concealer brush. If LimeCrime's too expensive for too little for you, then any eye cream or moisturiser definitely helps :]