Maybelline Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

3.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the most effective undereye concealer I have come across. I chose the white shade since I heard that it works well for dark circles. It's definitely not a miracle for me - but it's the best I've seen. I have yellow based Asian skin and I need to cover it with powder to look natural. If you use too much it will cake up and if you have dry, unmoisturized skin this will accentuate the flakes. It is very easy to blend in and I find that it leaves my eye area more moisturized than when not using it. This definitely lightens up my undereye area and leaves me looking great in photos. It is also great to use to for highlighting areas on the face. If you have lighter skin, this should work well for you.

UPDATE: This looks pretty gross on me now and it doesn't really blend.

on 2/17/2010 10:48:00 PM

I have used this product for about 2 years. It really covers my dark circles. My skin has a lot of yellow base..so it is hard to find anything with the right color. It covers very well. It is a little dry so use a cream before applying. Also dot it on and apply lightly. I have found that Neurtrogena Healthy Skin in Natural beige is a great foundation for my yellow base skin...

on 12/30/2009 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for about a month so far, in both the lightest and the medium shades, and it really is not my favorite at all. It works alright for covering up under-eye dark circles (and in my case they are DARK) but it was not amazing. What I hate about this is though it may blend well and look great on your skin at first, within about an hour or two it settles into your pores and makes you have a bunch of ugly little dots on your skin, or it gets extremely flaky and gross looking. It doesn't work well with my oily skin, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else with oily skin either. Save your money and go for something liquid or better quality! I personally loved the Physician's Formula cubes but now I can't find them anywhere :[.. If anyone knows where to find them I will love you forever if you will let me know! Thanks :]

on 12/13/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't expecting much when I bought this because it's a drugstore brand, but it surprisingly works well to conceal my redness and blemishes.

It's packaged like a lipstick, and I thought it would be hard to apply, but it goes on very smoothly; a little goes a long way, or else you'll just look like Shrek. Considering the price ($5.99 ish) and effectiveness of the product, I think this is a good buy. A lot better than splurging on expensive brands with lukewarm results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a poor concealer for people with dry skin, it's very cakey, and too thick. It's not good for people who break out either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I like this. I like how creamy it is. When I bought it, I was afraid that it was going to be dry and crusty. It wasnt. It is nice and creamy. It has great coverage and it blends well!

on 10/25/2009 12:36:00 AM

Not a fan of this. I have the green one and it didnt neutralize the redness at all and the green showed thru my foundation. The only thing about this product I love is that its so easy to apply since its in a tube form. But it's also hard to blend since its such a thick consistency. Not a good experience with this product at all.

on 10/22/2009 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. I use the lightest shade which matches me really well. I have incredibly dark under eye circles and it manages to cover them completely! I use Maybelline corrector concealer (the green one) underneath it on any redness or pimples and they disappear :] in summer I use MAC NW20 over the top.
For those who say they have a hard time getting it on and blending it properly, I recommend LimeCrime's primer and using a good concealer brush. If LimeCrime's too expensive for too little for you, then any eye cream or moisturiser definitely helps :]

on 10/19/2009 6:19:00 AM

I have bought alot of concealers because I've found most of them don't have enough coverage. I didn't see the point on buying a liquid concealer that worked just as well as me putting a little more foundation underneath my eye. This one however is fantastic with coverage. It covers anything and is especially good for people with dark circles undearneath their eyes as it stays all day!

The only problem I've had with it is the fact that it's not very blendable so I apply it on the back of my hand so the concealer warms up abit and then apply it with my fingers and it's fine.

Definitely my HG concealer!

on 10/2/2009 6:13:00 PM

This numerical rating system and the short answer questions in the reviewing form remind me why I am a second generation English Major who prefers essay questions. By my numerical rating, it sounds like I'm trashing the product. But regarding it in the category of a cheap drugstore concealer that you grab in an emergency when you're budget-strapped, respect should be shown to this product. I am very fair skinned with a bit of darkness under eye, due to family predisposition to sinus problems. Very hard to find concealers and foundations in my skin tone. Impressively, this color actually matches me pretty well, but what gives it away is the texture, a little too cakey, though doesn't emphasize fine lines as much as some high end non-liquid concealers. Interestingly, I've noticed with both high end and low end concealers, you seem to have to choose between a good color or good texture. Anyway, the color is way closer to my skin tone than Almay ones, which are ridiculously yellow on me. Is this a good option for long term or close up photos? Probably not. But for an emergency and/or non-closeup photos(I need to get my driver's liscence renewed, which is why I quickly grabbed some at the grocery), the color itself is respectable on my fair skin. As in my teens and twenties, this doesn't work very well on areas other than my eyes, due to the texture, not the color. Would recommend having on a good, smoothing eye cream that provides enough moisture before you apply, helps a tiny bit with texture problem, also helps if you use a conservative amount of this concealer. Using less will mean less of darkness hidden, but sometimes better to downplay a flaw than attempt to hide completely--have found concealers of all types can be more noticeable than the flaw, so sometimes it's wiser to downplay the flaw than attempt to completely hide. (Have noticed that men are way more likely to notice a woman wearing too much makeup than the flaw she has when she isn't wearing any makeup, a pleasant relief when you first discover this tendency in men.) But should warn, have noticed that drugstore makeup brands can cause problems for girls in their teens and twenties, best if those darlings save up their money for one or two high quality products, foundation and concealer, than end up spending piles of money cumulatively getting loads of dif. ds foundations and concealers that don't work and irritate acne-prone skin. (Dif. story for twenty-somethings with eyeshadow and mascara, considering how you're supposed to throw out mascara and eyeshadow fairly quickly to prevent eye infections, no point spending a lot on a high end mascara. Besides, have not noticed truly impressive difference w/high end mascara compared to ds brands.) While color of Ivory good for me w/undereye area w/Maybelline concealer, hiding acne not good because of texture(this I remember from trying it out for such purpose back when I was young enough for that to be an issue), also it will show up any dry patches on cheek and T-zone area. This product might not be enough for people with more severe undereye darkness. But at the same time, as I said before, useful in an emergency.

Popular Primer/ Correctors