TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

on 7/8/2007 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A small bottle of this is practically 20 bucks, but it does work on my legs and underarms to keep ingrowns from developing. I actually prefer the homemade version of this and its cheaper to make. A pretty decent product in my book to try.

on 5/28/2007 7:23:00 PM

I love this stuff! But it should be cheaper. I use it every other day everywhere except my scalp and below my knees. It keeps my bump-prone skin clearer than it's ever been. Acne stays away, ingrown hairs are minimal, and the little painful red bumps I used to get on my bum are history. I've used Tend Skin for at least 5 years, and only stopped for the 9 months I was pregnant with my daughter. I only wish someone would tell me how to make this myself...

on 5/15/2007 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's outrageously expensive for what it is, but to tell the truth, it really has worked very well for me. I have a serious problem with ingrown hairs (regular exfoliation with scrubs did not help) and was willing to try pretty much anything. I really like that it helps to heal existing ingrowns as well as prevent new ones. This stuff is harsh, true. It definitely stings right after shaving/waxing and that is not pleasant. But overall using TendSkin is relatively pain-free compared to what I used to have to do to "fix" ingrowns and a lot less likely to cause scarring and whatnot.

on 5/12/2007 5:20:00 AM

It's quite a strong product but used daily has been the only thing that's worked to stop post-shaving irritation bumps around the bikini line and has left my skin really smooth. I've started using it on the little bumps on my upper arms and it seems to work on that too although it's probably a bit too harsh to use on facial blemishes. Not cheap though. One of the main ingredients is aspirin so a home-made solution of crushed aspirin mixed with water might have a similar effect.

on 4/27/2007 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this knowing that it would smell bad. I thought I could put up with it. Not only was the smell horendous, but the product was awful. I used it twice a day (as recommended). After two days I stopped, the smell lingered and my skin started to peel away!
Luckily, I bought this at Sephora, so I was able to return it and get my $21 back.

on 3/29/2007 1:06:00 PM

I always get ingrown hairs to the bikini area especially from waxing, this product helps clear them up in no time. I use this product for several days after waxing, or when I spot ingrown hairs after having shaved against the grain.

I used to make my own aspirin toner in the past, this is great alternative to have kicking around as it takes away the fuss and has a longer shell life. I dont like using this product on my face as it really messes up the balance of oils in my skin.

on 3/26/2007 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite product ever, its my secret weapon on pimples!!!! I use this after I get a bikini wax by applying it to a cotton ball and trust me, if you get a pimple, apply some to a Q-tip and dab twice a day, within 24 hours it will be gone.

on 3/20/2007 6:48:00 PM

I use this on my bikini areas post-waxing/epilation. It seems to prevent and treat in grown hairs. It is a little expensive, and I will start using a q-tip instead of cotton pad to conserve the product. Over all, this works really well for me!

on 2/21/2007 3:22:00 PM

I had never heard of this stuff when I received it as a replacement sample in an order from Sephora. I had to google it to see what it even was! When I shave my bikini zone weekly, I tend to get red bumps on day 2 or 3. I used to just scrub and hope for the best, but now my routine is to use a buff puff on the entire area with some non-creamy face soap and really scrub in all directions, and then apply the Tend Skin. Sure it burns, but only for a moment, and I don't smell it unless it's right under my nose. By that evening the redness is gone, and absolutely zero ingrown hairs!

on 1/24/2007 8:12:00 AM

this product does work, but you have to use it everyday, even when the irritation has gone, it will come back otherwise!
the strong smell isn't too bad, but it can sting a little bit if, especially if the sking is badly irritated. i works well on spots as well as ingrown hairs!!