September 17, 2014 | 1921 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beyond Paradise

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

This perfume comes in a pretty purplish bottle and is in a midrange for price. It can sometimes be found in drugstores as well as at EL counters. I like florals and this is a complex floral that reminds me of gardenias and honeysuckle without smelling like an old lady. It does not have any vanilla or other "foody" quality about it. Neither do I detect musk or other warm undertones. It is clean, clear, and light. Most EL fragrances (like Beautiful) give me a terrible headache, but this one does not. AFter I spray it on I don't really notice it again until I do something to lift my hand (wrist) near my face and then I am happily surprised with the staying power of many hours. I can't recommend the lotion or shower gel (which I got in a nice Christmas present 2 years ago) since when I use them they react differently to my body chemistry and smell bad. But I love the perfume. If you like White Linen you will probably like this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Lovinya02

I received this in a swap and have always wanted to try it b/c the bottle is just simply gorgeous in my opinion but I was suprized to discover the fragrance itself is just down-right AWFUL!!

I can't even describe what it smelled like...maybe a mix of alcohol, chemicals, spicy oriental'ness, and a tinnnny pink of floral at the end.

All I have to say is thank goodness I didn't actually purchase this from a store and can just swap it back away!! As much as I love the bottle I would hate for the already nasty perfume to spoil sitting on my dresser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful exotic floral, about as complex as I'll usually go. It smells gorgeous, but I agree a light hand is needed. When it first came out I smelled it and thought, who wouldn't want to douse themselves in this stuff, and I'm not even a 'strong' perfume kinda girl. My bf's mom gave me a sample she had and I proceeded to spray liberally, then I got that it could be too overwhelming, I could TASTE it it was so strong. I find if you spray lightly you can't really go wrong, it smells like a pretty exotic garden. I love the honeysuckle so much, and you can smell a lot of other flowers, but this results in it smelling rare and expensive IMO. Wear around the store for about an hour before you purchase to get the full effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aw, why so many bad reviews? If you didn't like it, then why buy it? I had gotten this for an anniversary gift because I fell in love with it as a sample I had in a magazine. This I will admit is not the typical scent that I go for, but it reminds me of strong exotic flowers. It can be overpowering if worn around sensitive noses, but I keep this as going out night special occasion "date" with my guy. The bottle style is one of the prettiest perfume bottles I have ever seen, and it looks great on my vanity. I <3 this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As pretty as this bottle is, i hate it. I personally do not like any of EL perfumes. All of them smell more like chemicals than the actual fragrance it self.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by historydiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my 2nd bottle. This is the ONLY perfume I can wear that my husband likes and it doesn't give him a headache. My body chemistry and this perfume were made for each other. Perfume preference is obviously a subjective thing, but I am transported to a tropical beach every time I put this on, and that is every morning by the way.

I imagine I will be branching out soon and I don't know what I will try next but I really like this perfume and I get a ton of compliments on it. (I also love the travel sizes they included with the Christmas set my husband got me.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite EL scent. EL's scents tend to be either too light to even notice or so disgustingly overpowering that you want to pass out. This is happily in the middle. It's a gorgeous floral scent with lovely hyacinth notes as well as other light floral notes. I've always had a love affair with perfume bottles and this is one of my absolute favorites. It perfectly reflects the scent's playfulness and intriguing scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by stellalove

Not bad One of Lauders best, but not the worst!

Strong floral!.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

This is such a nice, crisp, clean floral. It's not very sweet at all. Not a hint of vanilla to be found. I think I smelled a bit of gardenia? Maybe a little jasmine? Not sure about the notes, but more than anything it's light and clean. I can see this being more for warmer months as it's very light and clean which could translate as being too "cool" for colder months. It's also amazingly long lasting and doesn't turn into something foul on me. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by gupalsmurthpadacal

It is sweet and fruity without being too over powering I always fine estee lauder make some beautiful sents. This one is light and refreshing instead of heavy and drab like alot of perfumes out there. I love this fragrance but the downer to me would be the price whilst I do love it I'm not sure if I'd spend this much on perfume as my mum works as a cook in the factory that makes estee lauder products.