July 28, 2014 | 1192 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Spark Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by hugz

This was my first Chanel glossimer, I was never a really big lip product fan, but I have to say these glosses won me over. Sparks looks ruby color with shimmers in the tube but it goes on berry stained, and sheer enough for everyday wear. I just can't say enough good things about these glosses. They keep my lips so soft and are not sticky at all and have great shine. They are definitely my HG glosses. The only problem I have with them is the high prices but they are so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by pamv03842

I am definitely NOT a red lip type, but this looks so natural and pretty. It's the perfect shade and nice and sheer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Spark is one of those shades that suits absolutely everyone... Allure magazine proved it when they ran a feature about it and applied it on 25 women, all with different skintones, and it appeared different on each and every one of them. A pretty, shimmery, mid-tone rose shade that's a staple in my makeup kit. My only gripe is the cr*ppy tube... Chanel should really do something about that design.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 8:36:00 AM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a mini of this from a lovely MUAer which helped me out because I'd been holding off on purchasing due to the super high price. Overall I'd say it's pretty good. I like the texture of the gloss, a bit sticky but not the kind of sticky that makes your lips feel gross. no scent which is nice. and as other reviewers have already said, the color is a bit of a surprise because it looks kind of warm and gold-ish in the tube but applies as a sheer cool red toned pink. In my mind it's very similar to Urban Decay's tart lip gunk. I only gave this gloss 4 out of 5 because I wasn't too impressed with the pigmentation. Maybe it's just too close to the color of my lips, I don't know. But like I said, in color it's similar to the UD gloss but the UD gloss is far more pigmented. Given the prospect of a repurchase, I'll probably just go with Urban Decay(at half the price of a chanel gloss), but I'll use up the mini of this.
Update: I've managed to use up the mini and I'm sold on it! I love the texture. Decided that it's way better than UD, so I'm going for the full size Glossimer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kearston

This is so gorgeous! There's nothing common about this color. Don't be misled by the color at first sight. In the tube, it looks reddish-gold, but on my lips it's a luscious berry color with just the light amount of shimmer. Totally MLBB and perfectly appropriate for daily wear. I went to Chanel for a good everyday lipgloss, and was set on Unity or Giggle, but this was absolutely perfect. Give it a shot!

One thing - I tried on many Glossimers before I settled on Spark. In order to pick a good shade, it's a requirement to try them on your lips. For example, Sirop looks like a frightening neon orange in the tube, but is delightful on my lips. Satinette is the new hot color, but looks like nothing at all on me.

This Glossimer has a great texture - I love that it doesn't feel grainy or gritty but still gives a good shimmer - and feels lovely on. Not at all too sticky. While the lasting power of the Glossimer is way better than Stila, for example, I still have to reapply fairly often. Nevertheless, it's a fabulous product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 2:27:00 AM More reviews by emilyaz69

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a mini of this and love it. It goes on great, not too thin or thick. It looks reddish-gold in the tube, but when it's on it looks like a light berry with a faint sheen of gold. Beautiful for an evening out. Great packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by BlackCardBabe

Got this as a freebie with my Gloss order; I had tried Pulsar before but didn't love it because it was too dark. So glad I tried Spark; it looks goldish-red in the packaging, but it's really a very sheer berry color. Great everyday color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the sheer pink-respberry color on my NW20 complexion and the staying power is great. It is a nice stand-alone gloss or to layer over lipstick as well. The packaging can lead to a goopy wand at times, but the packaging itself is appealing asthetically. I doubt I will pay $25 again, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 1:24:00 AM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Spark was a total surprise to me! I received a mini or I would have never even noticed it let alone purchased it. I lean towards pinky mauves or pinky/mauve browns. As others have stated, in the tube Spark is a scary sparkling red. However, upon my lips it is a face brightening pink berry with a subtle shimmer. I've since purchased the full size and will repurchase if I ever use it up! I should add that I am a glossimer fan. I enjoy the texture, how it feels on my lips, no scent & the packaging as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

Update: Neutrogena MoistureShine gloss in Swizzle is an exact match for this colorwise, even down to the lovely gold microshimmer (which doesn't feel gritty!). If I were going to be very very nitpicky about the match I would say that Swizzle looks ever so slightly more opaque and creamy so the shine is maybe a little less. I prefer the texture of Swizzle too, I prefer to wear this shade sheerly and Chanel's lovely gel texture goes kind of sticky if you apply just a little and kind of tacky when you apply a lot whereas Neutrogena's MoistureShine gloss isn't sticky in any way- it's almost the texture of a high shine lipstick imo. The only major difference besides the texture is that the Neutrogena glosses smell like fruit candy, although I can't detect any obvious taste. So unless you have a serious problem with the smell or you're allergic to Neutrogena you'd have to be a fool to buy this at $25 a pop over Neutrogena's Swizzle.