Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 7/9/2011 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the color that this dries down to, but I detest the brush. It is not fine enough to be able to do what I need it to do. Also, the plug in the top keeps popping up on mine. I don't reach for it much anymore since I found the invention of gel liners LOL... but I do still use it occasionally for a super crisp liquid liner look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the brush on this liner! It is not tapered but I actually love how the brush applies the eyeliner. It is pure jet black and stays on all day IF you don't bring it all the way into your inner tear duct. Then it flakes like crazy only around your inner tear duct. However, my eyes are smaller so I don't bring my eyeliner to my inner corner anyways since it would make my eyes look even smaller. I bring this eyeliner about 3/4 of the way in, then it doesn't flake.

on 7/5/2011 5:42:00 PM

This product is terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE. First, the brush looks nothing like it does on the package. The package claims the brush is tapered, but it is really just this weird, straight line of low-quality bristles. This makes for really imprecise coverage, and I would not have purchased the product in the first place if I had known what the brush really looked like.

Second, the eyeliner is NOT waterproof. After a couple of hours with it on, it flakes off and looks uneven and terrible. I have never had an eyeliner do that, not even really cheap ones. What a waste of $10. DO NOT BUY.

on 7/3/2011 10:21:00 PM

I've used this eyeliner for almost 4 years. This is an excellent price (around $6 USD before tax) for the amount they give you since I use this every time I get out of the house (I'm still on my 2nd). This liner is not entirely waterproof. When I yawn, I get tears coming out of my eyes and they ALWAYS wash off part of my liner. This liner flakes when it comes off so it doesn't make your color lighter but chunks of it will go missing. This is not good for lower liner. However, this liner is very very easy to use and can definitely give you easy "cat eyes" without twisting and turning of the brush. It lasts a long time if it doesn't get wet. Just remember to lid this tightly because the bottle can dry very fast.

on 7/2/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love the line you get with the brush and the consistency of the liner. i have to uses a primer on my eyelid before i apply this though because if i dont then it peels off as soon as i rub my eyes. if i'm wearing a primmer though it says on all day

on 6/9/2011 2:24:00 AM

I stopped using my mac liquid eyeliner ever since I started using this. It does get a bit clumpy but it it's easy to work with and it's truly waterproof and smudge-free. I'd buy it again.

on 6/8/2011 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't really like this eyeliner. It does stay on quite well, but the brush is hard to control at first, the product goes on unevenly, and it's kind of goopy. I find it hard to even out the line because it dries kind of clumpy. This product also flakes.

on 6/8/2011 8:27:00 AM

Since buying and using this eyeliner I have been able to achieve the perfect wing/cat eye and I have never been able to perfect that look before with any other liner. First and foremost, the wand is the shortest that I have seen, and that makes it much easier to get a precise line instead of a wiggly swiggle. Also the formula is very dark black and very rich, it spreads easily and doesn't flake off (unless you really layer it on). The brush is perfectly thin and not too long. I even like that this is in a little jar instead of pen or tube form.
Sure this may not be the best liquid liner in the world but it is definitely the best I have used so far and I will continue purchasing it until I find something that can beat this.

on 6/1/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner and I have had some great times together. It lasts through the whole day--from 8 a.m. when i apply it until I fall asleep on the couch at 3 a.m., it stays on until I wash it off. In the toughest and most hysterical situations, no matter how hard I cry or sweat, it stays put!

Even when I passed out at a party one night and found myself on the front lawn woken up by sprinklers the next morning, this eyeliner was still there completely. Which is more then I can say for the guy I went there with.

Don't care for the brush though. Be careful when using it to get a precise line. It takes practice.

on 5/12/2011 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like the little brush for this eyeliner, it makes it very easy to make really thin lines, cat eyes, etc. However, I have somewhat oily lids and this doesn't last very long without a primer, probably only 3 hours or so. I don't like to use primer every day because it's expensive (and I don't need it with other eyeliners), and there are better eyeliners for a dramatic nighttime look. Not terrible but I probably won't buy again.