July 23, 2014 | 1284 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the little brush for this eyeliner, it makes it very easy to make really thin lines, cat eyes, etc. However, I have somewhat oily lids and this doesn't last very long without a primer, probably only 3 hours or so. I don't like to use primer every day because it's expensive (and I don't need it with other eyeliners), and there are better eyeliners for a dramatic nighttime look. Not terrible but I probably won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by miniemouse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- the brush is small to you can get a thin line
- very easy to get a "wing" or "cat-eye"
- it really is water-proof

Cons:
- hard to control the brush
- it makes me feel like i have something icky on my eyes
- makes my eyes feel dry
- it hurt when I put it on my waterline
- packaging isn't really pretty or attractive

I wouldn't use this again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by nadia89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, the best waterproof eyeliner I have ever used. I started using this liquid liner 9 years ago and yes, when I first started I did find it difficult to use the brush that comes with it. However, with practice I have gotten better and I feel comfortable with the brush. This is the ONLY drugstore makeup that I use. Over the years, I have tried to use high end eyeliners from that were $20 and up. I ended up returning them and being completely disappointed. No other waterproof eyeliner is as waterproof as this one. It has stayed on through nights of dancing, long days being outside in hot weather and has even stayed on when I took a nap once wearing my makeup.I use it on my upper and lower lashline (not inner) and it stays beautifully all day long. Give this eyeliner a chance, I will tell you that if you are new to liquid eyeliner, you will not like the brush... but just keep practicing and you'll completely fall in love the product.

Also, I read some comments about it flaking and not going on smoothly. This happens if you continuously layer the product on. If you use one quick smooth motion across your eye, it will not flake and it will be smooth. If you try to put it on using small strokes or if you keep putting layers of it on, it will not look smooth. It's all about the application. Once you figure out how to best use it, you'll find that this is the best waterproof eyeliner...

Oh and not to mention, its dirt cheap. When I go to CVS I buy 2-3 at a time, since I don't often go there!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not waterproof. Flakes. Fades.The brush is garbage. Remember when you were a little kid and you would get those cheap watercolor paint sets with the crappy brush? Well, Maybelline must be using these brushes. This is headed for the trash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not bad, not bad.
I actually like the tiny brush with it, it allows me to make a thin line. Stays pretty well, doesn't flake off. Really is waterproof. A good, average liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I got it in brown because I prefer brown eyeliners in general.
I don't like the brush for it because it's pretty flimsy. I prefer pen looking like ones because it's easier to use those to line in between the lashes. I have the typical half-double eyelids so I prefer to tightline, and these are hard to do so because the brush is so flimsy. And I don't think it's waterproof either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by b00itsTheresa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros
actually waterproof
very black
has alot of product in bottle
doesnt smear

Cons
creases
doesnt look smooth on eyes
flakes
hurts to remove , but you dont need make up remover (just scratch eyes)
difficult to apply for 1st timers

Overall ; i fell in love with it when i first bought it. fell out of love when it started to flake. brush is difficult at first but you get used to it. being monolid, who LOVES to rub her eyes, it flaked. i wouldnt buy it again, but i do use it on the dancers because of the bold black color (because its suuuper water proof, but it wont last all day) but it will last for a good performance.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like to use this eyeliner as the basis for a super smoky eye. I have it in carbon black and it really lasts all day and I haven't noticed it flaking at all. I'll line my eyes with Bobbi Brown eyeliner, then smudge eyeshadow over that with my smudge brush, then take this and dab it into my upper lash line so no skin is showing in between my eyelashes, (does anyone else have that problem?) It's great for filling in little gaps in your lash line b/c the brush is so teeny. I like it! I would definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: Nope. This eyeliner flakes and chips off my lids. Will never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for years and years. It is affordable, easy to find, easy to use and lasts and lasts. I love it! From time to time, the packaging gets a bit jacked up (the top of the opening gets loose and the bristles can get separated) but the price keeps me coming back for more. I haven't experimented with any other liquid liners because I find that this works wonderfully! I definitely recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally don't like to write negative reviews, but what prompts me to write this one is that it claims to be waterproof when it is nowhere near it. It is really just a regular liquid eyeliner. I sometimes tear up at the outer corner of my eyes, and this will run right off. An embarrassing memory for me is when I wore it to have a wisdom tooth removed, and I started tearing up at the corner of one eye. The oral surgeon was sweet and tried to wipe my tear, but ended up taking the eyeliner with it and smudging it. Another fault is that it tends to flake off if you retrace your eyeliner, which I have to do because I'm not perfect at lining my eyes. Or it will just plain flake off during the day.
Luckily since then I have found Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. It comes in a felt tip style that I ended up liking, since it has a narrow tip. And it truly is waterproof.