Ouidad Climate Control Gel

3.7

on 10/25/2003 5:25:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST GEL I'VE EVERY DISCOVERED FOR MY HAIR. The word gel is misleading, because, if you style your hair the way Ouidad instructs, and wait until it dries to run hands over your hair, squeezing out the crunchiness, your hair is soft and bouncy, not crunchy like with other gels. Also, even though I thought my hair needed weighing down (it is very thick, very curly, and very long), and was always using very heavy products on it, it turns out that these lighter products work better. I have soft, defined curls. I call it "Rebecca Gayheart" hair. I will never be without this stuff!

on 10/21/2003 1:37:00 PM

This is a great styler for curls. It's one of the best I've ever used. Between the price and the shipping it can be expensive though so I am currently searching for an alternate.

on 8/27/2003 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love it love it love it.......Goodbye bad hair days!
The only thing that's worked with my frizzy hair. I use it after the clear shampoo and balancing rinse and sometimes the botanicals leave-in. I have been using Ouidad for 4 years and my hair has never been healthier!

on 6/19/2003 6:30:00 AM

This is a miracle product--I am never without a bottle of this stashed away somewhere in my closet and I always take it with me when I travel. I have used it everywhere from Hong Kong to Rome in 100 degrees plus weather, and it has really done wonders in keeping my fine, thin, curly hair nicely defined and frizz-free. One note of caution: for me, this works best when used in conjunction with another styling product (I usually mix it with my mousse). On it's own, it leaves my hair a little too stiff, and more wavy rather than curly.

on 5/27/2003 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great anti-frizz product. this in conjucntion with the moisture shampoo and conditioner has really improve the texture of my naturally very curly, fine, frizzy hair.

on 5/14/2003 2:41:00 PM

I live in a humid climate, and this is good stuff. Be careful to not use too much, though. It'll get kinda greasy. I alternate this with Aveda's Be Curly, depending on how humid it is on a given day. Kind of expensive, but I get the travel packets, and a little bottle lasts me (medium length hair) a long time, since I don't use it every day. I went through a stage where everything I used was Ouidad, but this is my favorite of the line.

on 5/5/2003 4:46:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet! It is one of my HG hair products, I have repurchased it at least 3x now. I always used it mixed with another gel or creme that has more of a hold factor. Like other reviewers, I use this year round and although it is $$$, only a quarter/half dollar size amt. is needed when mixed with another product. This is the best anti-frizz product I have ever used. Definitely worth sampling.

on 5/4/2003 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Like it, but it DOES leave curls somewhat crunchy and stiff, so be careful when applying it. I have found it to work best in combo with (1) soaking wet TERAX CREMA'd hair (2) liberal spraying of Ouidad Botanical Boost (3) no combing except with fingers to separate and (4) evenly distributed and hair scrunched a BIT afterward...and I like the smell! It smells like Froot Loops or something.

on 4/10/2003 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Best ever! My favorite thing to do with this light weight gel is to scruch it through my hair on a non-shampoo day.It revives the curl ,adds shine and is never sticky or stiff!

on 11/16/2002 7:59:00 PM

This is one of the few Ouidad products that worked on my hair. Even so, I have to combine it with ISO Bouncy Creme to get the curl definition I like. It is excellent at taking care of the frizzies, but it is quite expensive just for that purpose, so I will probably look for another more reasonably priced gel to address that problem. In addition, I did not care for the smell, it seemed like a blend of chemicals and a strange cucumber odor. I must say that Ouidad has excellent customer service and a very liberal return policy, so all of their products are worth trying.