November 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2003 6:30:00 AM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle product--I am never without a bottle of this stashed away somewhere in my closet and I always take it with me when I travel. I have used it everywhere from Hong Kong to Rome in 100 degrees plus weather, and it has really done wonders in keeping my fine, thin, curly hair nicely defined and frizz-free. One note of caution: for me, this works best when used in conjunction with another styling product (I usually mix it with my mousse). On it's own, it leaves my hair a little too stiff, and more wavy rather than curly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by michkal

Great anti-frizz product. this in conjucntion with the moisture shampoo and conditioner has really improve the texture of my naturally very curly, fine, frizzy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by aly2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I live in a humid climate, and this is good stuff. Be careful to not use too much, though. It'll get kinda greasy. I alternate this with Aveda's Be Curly, depending on how humid it is on a given day. Kind of expensive, but I get the travel packets, and a little bottle lasts me (medium length hair) a long time, since I don't use it every day. I went through a stage where everything I used was Ouidad, but this is my favorite of the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by shannong

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet! It is one of my HG hair products, I have repurchased it at least 3x now. I always used it mixed with another gel or creme that has more of a hold factor. Like other reviewers, I use this year round and although it is $$$, only a quarter/half dollar size amt. is needed when mixed with another product. This is the best anti-frizz product I have ever used. Definitely worth sampling.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by fierydrunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like it, but it DOES leave curls somewhat crunchy and stiff, so be careful when applying it. I have found it to work best in combo with (1) soaking wet TERAX CREMA'd hair (2) liberal spraying of Ouidad Botanical Boost (3) no combing except with fingers to separate and (4) evenly distributed and hair scrunched a BIT afterward...and I like the smell! It smells like Froot Loops or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best ever! My favorite thing to do with this light weight gel is to scruch it through my hair on a non-shampoo day.It revives the curl ,adds shine and is never sticky or stiff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2002 7:59:00 PM More reviews by benno8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few Ouidad products that worked on my hair. Even so, I have to combine it with ISO Bouncy Creme to get the curl definition I like. It is excellent at taking care of the frizzies, but it is quite expensive just for that purpose, so I will probably look for another more reasonably priced gel to address that problem. In addition, I did not care for the smell, it seemed like a blend of chemicals and a strange cucumber odor. I must say that Ouidad has excellent customer service and a very liberal return policy, so all of their products are worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2002 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Lucky06

This is the only gel that will not make my hair frizz up. Awesome stuff! It does live up to it's name. My curls are way more defined and softer. I will definately stick with this. Price-wise...OUCH!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2002 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Laura06

Two words: holy grail! I will never, never be without this gel. It is the best product I have ever used on my naturally curly hair. Great curl formation and holds up against humidity well. Yey!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2002 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mscurl

This is my absolute favorite gel..ever. It works wonders on my naturallycurly hair. It helps control frizz and adds shine. I use this all year round, not just in humid months!