September 1, 2014 | 1202 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by KGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these! Unlike most of the foaming cleansing cloths I've tried, these do not dry out my skin. And I can actually wash my eye makeup off with them--while wearing my contacts--with no stinging or irritation! (Not that I would recommend trying this if your eyes are at all sensitive.) I will definitely re-purchase these.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2003 1:01:00 AM More reviews by dreamaeselyn

Well, I got this as a sample in the mail for being a Costco member. When I opened it up, I thought it smelled really good when dry, but once I got it wet and put it on my face, it smelled like I was getting a perm! Maybe I was over-reacting but eewwww I just really thought it smelled horrible. I liked all the lathering though, but overall it wasn't a "hit" for me. Was a little harsh on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2003 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Joanie41

I bought this at BJ's warehouse recently...can't remember what I paid, but it was a pretty good deal. I like these a lot, so far (we'll see if any zits crop up in a couple weeks!) I find you have to really soak the pillow well to get all the lather to come out of it -- the first couple times I used it, I didn't let it soak long enough before using it. I would like these to be bigger, but then again, they are disposable, and thus not great for the ecosystem. I love the way my skin feels after using these at night! I kind of look forward to my little pillow session; it's somehow more fun than just washing with a wash cloth.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 4:15:00 PM More reviews by liltoonie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

these are okay, I think they feel cool at least. Extremly pricy for rug store. I thought there was no cleanser and then I squeezed the pillow. Holy moly, i wasnt too much for me though. I dont think it exfoliated that much... but the smooth side felt cool. I loved te packaging though! Except I have a feeling some that money you pay for the refills goes into the packaging which is annoying IMO

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2003 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Lulu26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thumbs down. This product caused me to break out and really irritated my skin. Not recommended for those w/ sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 11:46:00 PM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm glad that Dove finally came out with a face care line. These cleansing pillows are great. I love how they make my face feel so soft afterwards. These things are way better than the cloths.

The reg. price of these are $7.99 for 28 pillows. That can get to be a lot if you use this everyday. I try to use it only a few times per week. I bought mine on sale with a coupon so mine came out to be only $2.99 a box. But I definitely stocked up on these for that price because I absolutely LOVE THEM.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2003 4:10:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

1. These stung my eyes
2. There is way too much cleanser on them. It's hard to rinse it off
3. It's soap. It dried my skin out horribly.
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2003 6:42:00 PM More reviews by tourmaline2777

First of all these things are too small. Secondly,they lathered too much-I can never get all of the cleanser rinsed out of the pillow. Lastly, these pillows left my combo skin feeling very dry and tight. I will give Dove an A for effort and innovation but this product as a whole fails. I will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2003 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Spaniel

I found it very drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 10:18:00 PM More reviews by KaraLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this out of curiousity since I haev been using the Clinique 3 step for a fwe months now. I really didn't notice a residue, like other users did. I also liked the two textured sides, but I actually wish that one of the sides was a little more exfoliating, like some of the cleansing clothes on the market. I don't think the price is bad at all..$6.00 for 28 cloths? If you think that is expensive, I'm not sure what you are using on your face instead. I'll update if I have any problems or break out. So far so good!