Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 10/22/2005 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My mother using it for over a decade and she swear by it. I've tried before and the texture is quite light and it moisturize the face as well. Good protector against the sun.

on 9/9/2005 9:38:00 AM

I LOVE this. I'm not a fan of clinique but this is my HG! I have dry sometimes combo skin that is very sensitive. I use this every day even in the witner. The color is SO natural on my fair skin so i just blot with powder after since i don't need makeup with this. It evens out redness too! Love it, and for about $14 this is a great buy since it will last you months. Totally worth it, I'll seriously cry if they ever discontinue or change it :)

on 8/16/2005 6:57:00 AM

It feels very light and comfortable on the skin and doesn't dry me out or make me oily throughout the day. In fact, my combo to dry skin was "just right" the whole day! Does leave a slight cast due to titianian oxide, but I use powder over it and it easily corrects that. It also contains antioxidants which make it unique because a lot of them do not. If you are oily, you don't even need a separate moistruizer.

HOWEVER, as many reviews have mentioned, the UVA protection is on the low side. The protection is about PA+ only, which, to give you some comparison, Shiseido's SPF 34 is about PA++ while its SPF 50+ is PA+++, while European sunscreens are even higher. I use other sunscreens that have much higher UVA protection like Shiseido and vichy. But shiseido seriously dry me out and the vichy is soooo heavy and oily. So I might repurchase this one , but only wear it in the winter on cloudy days, or late in the afternoon when the sun isn't so strong. Why can't sunscreens feel like the supercity block but have the protection of european sunblocks?? I guess I can only hope...

on 7/14/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I thought I would like this but I was wrong. For starters, it was pretty greasy on me and my skin is not oily these days. I can live with that but I can't live with the white cast it left. I did sink in after a good while but I took it back to Clinique after one day. Just doesn't work for us DDDs. To finish on a good note, it was moisturizing enough on its own.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've only been using this for a few days but I'm loving it so far! The UVA protection isn't the greatest with this, but it's wonderfully non-greasy, provides *just* enough moisture for my combo skin, doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin and my makeup goes on beautifully over it.

If it doesn't break me out in the next week or so, it's a keeper!

I really liked this, especially the tinted one, because it made it possible for me to go without foundation. I also had this notion that, as a New Yorker, it was protecting me from pollution. However, SPF 25 doesn't do it for this fair-skinned Irish-American girl. If you don't mind the low SPF factor though, it's not as greasy as most sunscreens and it doesn't make you look pasty.

on 7/3/2005 10:45:00 PM

I've been using this for about two years, and I'm still in love. It provides a fairly matte, non-greasy finish, and this is the only sunscreen which has never caused me to break out. The tint is a little bit too dark for my PPP skin, but it's not very noticable. I love opaque packaging is great because it means the antioxidants are protected. HG.

*Update*
Not using this anymore as I find it's easier using a moisturiser with sunscreen built into it (Ultraceuticals 30+)

on 6/24/2005 2:58:00 PM

On my 2nd tube of this having been put on to it by Paula Begoun. Wouldn't go a day without it now even though at first it seems a bit thick. Also, i've been told this is stable whereas superdefense isn't (which is a shame because superdefense is fab). I use it with advanced stop signs eye spf 15 because i find that super city block runs into the lines around my eyes (which is saying something sincce i'm only 22 and don't have many lines) Will continue to repurchase until I they make superdefense stable. I'm not holding out much hope for that though.

on 6/21/2005 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used their similar body sunblock and thats why i bought that product for face, but I'm not sure whether it worked, and the fact that it would turn into liquid was not good...I probably would buy a white colored one next time.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product in an effort to protect my skin from UVA/UVB rays. While it works, I do not care for the greasy texture and shiny look it leaves on my face. I am tempted to give it away and try the new Neutrogena formula instead. Another minus is the fact that it is oil-free, so you still need to moisturize with this one. Retails for about $15. I will not purchase again.