August 28, 2014 | 1647 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by anita_177

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about two years, and I'm still in love. It provides a fairly matte, non-greasy finish, and this is the only sunscreen which has never caused me to break out. The tint is a little bit too dark for my PPP skin, but it's not very noticable. I love opaque packaging is great because it means the antioxidants are protected. HG.

*Update*
Not using this anymore as I find it's easier using a moisturiser with sunscreen built into it (Ultraceuticals 30+)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2005 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kiltedkate

On my 2nd tube of this having been put on to it by Paula Begoun. Wouldn't go a day without it now even though at first it seems a bit thick. Also, i've been told this is stable whereas superdefense isn't (which is a shame because superdefense is fab). I use it with advanced stop signs eye spf 15 because i find that super city block runs into the lines around my eyes (which is saying something sincce i'm only 22 and don't have many lines) Will continue to repurchase until I they make superdefense stable. I'm not holding out much hope for that though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by superkathy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I used their similar body sunblock and thats why i bought that product for face, but I'm not sure whether it worked, and the fact that it would turn into liquid was not good...I probably would buy a white colored one next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in an effort to protect my skin from UVA/UVB rays. While it works, I do not care for the greasy texture and shiny look it leaves on my face. I am tempted to give it away and try the new Neutrogena formula instead. Another minus is the fact that it is oil-free, so you still need to moisturize with this one. Retails for about $15. I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent sunscreen!! This leaves my rosacea skin very smooth and matte! It is not too dry, and not greasy!! I love it and may start using it every day as a primer in the winter. I plan on using it every day in the summer instead of foundation; it evens out the color and texture of my skin. I like the titanium dioxide active ingredient.

*UPDATE* had to return. It started burning my eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iím in my late 40s with combination skin, still needing to deal with periodic mild breakouts. Iíve been using Super City Block every day for over a month now. This is a good sunscreen formulation for me. The cream is thick and ever so slightly tinted but quickly and fully absorbed, making it almost (but not quite) possible to use the recommended amount of ľ teaspoon on my small face without feeling overloaded. ľ teaspoon took all the vibrancy from my face, so Iím applying less and the tint now does no more than perhaps even out skin tone a little. I use it around my eyes as well, over my non-SPF eye cream. It can double as a moisturiser for oily-skinned girls, and leaves skin soft, velvety and matte. As I need a little more moisture, I wear a light moisturiser underneath. A little warning: use another sunscreen - something untinted - on your neck, especially if youíre wearing a light colour! As titanium dioxide is the sunblock component, Super City Block is recommended by and for people with sensitive skin and/or rosacea.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy breakouts batgirl! This does have ingredients that are known to be troublesome for acne-prone skin, and trouble I got. Also, this has a slightly oily feel that never really goes away. If you're looking to apply foundation over this, and you've got combo/oily skin, you might have some trouble. For those without breakout woes, this might be a very good choice, if a bit on the pricy side.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG of foundations with spf. It gives moderate coverage, but still lets your skin show through, and best of all, it doesn't give you that gross makeup-ey feel. I haven't had any problems with breakouts at all. It doesn't really help control oil, but it doesn't make it worse either. I'll be buying this until they stop making it (heaven forbid).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. No breakouts, no oilies, very easy to blend... only complaint is that it's not very good UVA protection, but at least what's there is photostable, from what I hear. I don't bother with a moisturizer underneath it, I'm oily enough that this gives me all the moisture I need. Been using it every day for a few months (except for a brief period when I tried Shiseido SPF 55, which had to go back to the store quickly, unfortunately), and can see myself repurchasing for a long time. I also love how it kind of doubles as a makeup primer. It sort of evens out my skin tone a tiny bit, so between this and a little of Clinique's Almost Makeup I have all the coverage I need. I'm a happy sunscreen wearer, at last!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by katykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this product, but it made me break out. I tried everything, but no matter how little I applied, or what other products I used I always broke out after using Super City Block. I'm beginning to think that I'll never find a sunscreen that works for me.