April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by niff524

I have mixed feelings about this product....... I bought this at Selfridges, London and later regretted it cuz I should've bought it at Boots and get points on my advantage card! Haha anyways that's off-topic sorry! I bought it for £20 or something like that. Was told by the SA that it can last 2-3 years and although that seems like another exaggerated claim, I can see the compact lasting me over a year, easily. I like the packaging and the two brushes that come with it but it can be a little difficult to get the compact open sometimes! The tweezers are not very useful but I suppose no one would expect them to be. The best thing about this product is how easy it is to use. I managed to get perfect results the 2nd time I used it and I find the wax/powder form easier to control than pencil which requires a lot more precision. I use the wax first then fill in any gaps and sort of 'elongate' my over-plucked brows at the end with the powder (my right brow, due to over-plucking, stops at around 2/3 across my eye if that makes sense... So I always have to make it longer with pencil). The result is natural and well-groomed brows. However, the one thing I'm not 100% sure about is the colour. I'm Asian and am born with dark brown/black hair. I used to love dying my hair different shades of brown and always used brown eyebrow pencils to match my hair. I have now dyed my hair back to its natural colour (black) again and want my brows to match. I started off with black pencils at first and although it looked good, I thought I could've gone a little lighter and that's why I opted for Benefit Brow-zing in Dark which is a dark brown as opposed to black. However, I'm not convinced that the colour looks totally natural/ flattering on people with black hair (it probably is not supposed to anyway) because it's more of a warm brown that can come out even slightly auburn in pictures (as a reviewer has mentioned). I'd prefer an ashier dark brown which I think would look much better with my hair colour. Anyway that's just me. This compact is all in all an easy to use and handy product and a great alternative to pencils for those of you who are put off by them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by SazD

I was never happy with my eyebrows until I tried this product. I could pluck them and shape them as much as I wanted but they never looked very good or polished. I'd tried pencils in the past but I was too heavy handed with them and they made me look like a drag queen! But this product gives good definition and helps keep them in shape. I find the coloured wax is enough for me and don't often use the powder, but if I do then I only apply it lightly as it can look a bit too dark. I apply the wax first, then the powder, followed by a quick sweep of Benefit's Speed Brow to keep them in place. And lastly, for an elegant finish, use a touch more of the wax to elongate the ends of my eyebrows to make up for years of my over plucking! But it's made such a difference to my eyebrows which now seem to shape my face. They looked pretty good in my most recent photographs. Definitely a HG product. The only downside is the packaging; it can be difficult to open sometimes and can split your nails. Aside from that - brilliant! I'm now looking to buy Benefit's High Brow to draw attention to my newly arched eyebrows!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product and is much better than a pencil, as this fills in most gaps and above all this stays on all day even though I touch my eyebrows a lot. Down side is the packaging, the plastic compact box is very stiff and hard to open, brushes that come with the eyebrow kit are useless as it is so short you can't see your eyebrows to apply, so I had to buy the brow brush for another £11.50p.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my most reliable brow product. Makes my brows full, groomed but not fake at all. I love the powder side, and only use the wax side to prime my brows when I go to a formal function or I want my makeup to last all day. It has good lasting power as well. It's a bit expensive but since I've used mine for a long time and barely made a dent in the powder, I would say it's actually of better value than brow pencils! But the design of the product makes it hard to apply on the go, so minus one of the overall rating. And of course the tweezers do nothing at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Wow, a lot of you really like this product! I wish I could say the same! I hate the wax. With what little hair I have on my eyebrows, it really didn't "set" the hairs on my brows. The powder was okay, but it was nothing special. I also found that after a few hours, most of the product had faded from my brows. I tried using my own makeup brushes instead of the ones provided, but it didnít make a difference. And those tweezers?! What were they thinking?! Perhaps they are trying to be too cute (or just gimmicky)... I have found that the Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel in Almost Black works well for me. I use it to set the brow hairs. I wait a little for it to dry and then use a brow pencil to lightly fill in my brows. It's cheap. It doesn't have cute packaging, but who needs it for that price! And it sure beats the MAC Brow Set for value too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Charlin

I love the powder part, which I use every day using my Nars eyebrow definer brush. It looks really natural and fills in all the gaps between hairs. I am not sure how to use the black gel stuff though. It goes on too dark and unevenly so I avoid it. The powder side will last forever though as you only need a tiny amount.
The tiny tools provided are handy for when you're on a short holiday and have forgotten your stuff, but I wouldn't use them every day as they are too small.
A lot of reviewers found the package hard to open. I haven't found this, but I open it using the pads of both my thumbs (one on each edge of the compact) and haven't had any problems. I can see that if you try to use your nails then it could prove difficult.
I took one lippy off for the black stuff but I will definitely buy again for the dark brown powder. It makes my brows look neat and 'manicured'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I've been using this for about 2 years now and I love it! My eyebrows are naturally very faint so this product is amazing for me. It also has the gloss which is good because I find it helps keep the colour in place longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I luv this brow-zing product is the best thing to fill your eyebrows it is soft unlike brow pencil! yikes....It is pretty pricey BUT it lasts for a VERY long time is sooooooo wort it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chicgeek21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely fell in love with this product after having tried it from a Benefit kiosk at my local mall. The problem however was that while it definitely defined my brows, I could not, for the life of me, replicate the "oh-dear-god, those-are-amazing-eyebrows" that the Benefit countergirl did for me. Nevertheless, it's probably my own inability and lack of skills that's the reason. So... a definite two thumbs up! You won't regret it! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gone are the days of "drawing" on your eyebrows with a pencil liner. Its a pet peeve when I see women that have shaved off their brows completely and then drawn a crayon line that looks like a 1st grader could have done better. This product lets you step up your brow game and create professional quality looks easily and avoid that hideous, cartoonish fake brow. This may not work well for those with oily skin, yet I would not let that stop me from trying a great product. I've tried this in medium and dark, and while medium works, dark is better for those with black hair. Also, if you don't know what you're doing, first let a Benefit artist show you how its done. That's how I became sold.