Espresso is probably my favorite crease color. I actually bought Brun first but it was a bit too grey for me. I wanted a more "brown" brown. So I tried Espresso and I am sooo happy with it. :) It's great for an everyday shadow.
I love this E/S cause it is very versitile. I use it a crease color and also to fill in my brows. It looks amazing and so soft & smooth to apply
Very good pigmentation and blends smoothly. Plus because it is so highly pigmented it lasts a long time!
I just switched to Espresso from Brun for filling in my brows & it's all right. My hair is currently red/black with blonde on top & I like that Espresso isn't so dark (I felt that Brun could be a little too much at times) However, this shadow is much more red-toned which is something I normally stay away from when I'm using shadow for my brows. Looks like it would be nice as a crease colour, though once I run out I won't purchase again.
I've been using this for as long as I can remember. I switch between Espresso and Charcoal Brown for filling in my brows. Both colors are perfect for those with dark hair. The only con: it doesn't last all day on your brows as opposed to using it as an eyeshadow!
Love this color. It is the best color for filling in your eyebrows if you have darker hair like me. It's also a great crease color.
I really like this shadow. I just picked it up cause I've been hunting for a good shadow to fill in my brows. This one fit really really well. It has a matte finish so once blended up in my brows it looks natural. It's nice as an actual shadow, only for the crease for me, as I am fair and dont like too drastic. Overall, good shadow!
Okay I've repurchased this twice, which means I have used three pans so far. Which means I love it to bits. Why?
1. It is the right brown for my complexion (NC37): no red undertones AT ALL just true dark brown (browns with red undertones look hideous when applied to the brows)
2. It is finely milled and very blendable on my lids - you can dust a light veil on your lids to disguise the puffy, overslept look (being part Chinese I have Chinese-y eyes so when they are puffed they really look puffed) or wear it more intensely to create smokey eyes.
3. Although finely milled it is hard: I've dropped it many times the product inside has never cracked or broken to pieces like LM or BB eyeshadows.
4. It doesn't fly away as you put it on and settle on the top part of your cheek or nose, as many dark e/s can have a habit of doing (again, like the experiences I've had with LM and BB eyeshadows) so there is no need to layer the top part of your face with powder to catch these flyaways.
5. To a certain extent it is waterproof, especially on the brows, I have thin brows which need to be filled in, and I don't like to use waxy pencils they just look fake. When just a splash of water can melt away LM and BB e/s, swimming won't remove this cookie. I usually brush on MAC Espresso on my brows in featherlight strokes and then for added dimension I wet the brush and apply it along the middle length of my brows, and it lasts even longer this way.
6. With our without a dampened brush, it makes a very good, longlasting eyeliner. But of course with a dampened brush it lasts a bit longer. I have oily lids so even my trusted Fluidline can get smeary. If I need to be impeccably made up and stay that way for a long while like a wedding dinner I wear Fluidline (Dipdown, my absolute favourite chocolate gel liner) over a sweep of Espresso to make it last considerably longer.
7. The container is fliptop and really cute and portable.
MAC Espresso is definitely a staple for me I am never without it.
This is a great brown for me. For reference, I'm a NC20/NC25. I like browns that are warm, but ones that do not have too much red in them. This is just that...it's has more warmth than charcoal brown (which just fell flat on me) and less warmth than (I think) embark has. I really enjoy the formula too.
I try to not spend too much on any single shadow but this is one that I would gladly pay full price for. I tend to wear lots of browns and this has become my go to for crease color and outer v when I go for that look.