MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 10/2/2009 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Espresso was part of an LE quad from MAC I purchased some time ago. At that time, I thought, "it's so dark, what can you use this for?!"
Having now used it for months, I'm in love. Espresso is a rich, matte medium brown. I use it to fill in my brows daily. With a stiff angled brush, it works as a liner. And honestly, I'm impressed at how beautiful a crease colour it is. Espresso can be worn sheer or heavy. I am happy to say that I was wrong and this is a truly excellent shadow.

on 10/1/2009 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice soft brown mate color. I bought it as a brow powder but using it as a shadow as well. Definitively a must in your palette.

on 10/1/2009 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this eyeshadow! It's sooo versatile. In the pan, you might think it's just a boring, matte brown. Oh boy this baby can create so many looks. You can use it as an outer v color. You can build it up so it can look lighter brown if you want it to. I use this everyday with a stiff slanted brush to fill in my eyebrows. I love it! It stays put all day! :) Definitely a keeper. Will definitely repurchase once I run out!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Espresso is probably my favorite crease color. I actually bought Brun first but it was a bit too grey for me. I wanted a more "brown" brown. So I tried Espresso and I am sooo happy with it. :) It's great for an everyday shadow.

on 8/28/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this E/S cause it is very versitile. I use it a crease color and also to fill in my brows. It looks amazing and so soft & smooth to apply

RECOMMENDED!!

on 7/29/2009 1:20:00 PM

Very good pigmentation and blends smoothly. Plus because it is so highly pigmented it lasts a long time!

on 5/19/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just switched to Espresso from Brun for filling in my brows & it's all right. My hair is currently red/black with blonde on top & I like that Espresso isn't so dark (I felt that Brun could be a little too much at times) However, this shadow is much more red-toned which is something I normally stay away from when I'm using shadow for my brows. Looks like it would be nice as a crease colour, though once I run out I won't purchase again.

on 5/14/2009 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for as long as I can remember. I switch between Espresso and Charcoal Brown for filling in my brows. Both colors are perfect for those with dark hair. The only con: it doesn't last all day on your brows as opposed to using it as an eyeshadow!

on 5/13/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this color. It is the best color for filling in your eyebrows if you have darker hair like me. It's also a great crease color.

on 4/10/2009 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this shadow. I just picked it up cause I've been hunting for a good shadow to fill in my brows. This one fit really really well. It has a matte finish so once blended up in my brows it looks natural. It's nice as an actual shadow, only for the crease for me, as I am fair and dont like too drastic. Overall, good shadow!