OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My god, I have a love hate relationship with this top coat. It gives me an amazing shine and it sports a OPI brand. However, I feel like it wears off easily. Whenever I paint my nails, which is rather often, I always get air bubbles and I use a variety of brands. I truely believe its because of this because its the only consistant thing I use.

on 2/18/2011 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is the best top coat i've used. works perfect with OPI polishes and gives durability to ChG, that would other wise chip within a day. applies great and dries in a decent amount of time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a huge fan of this. While it did make my manicure last for at least a week (paired with a base coat) and is super shiny - it has a lot of cons. Just like the other reviewers find - its very thick and takes a very long time to dry. I have to put aside at least 3 hours for an at home manicure before I do anything with my hands...especially going to bed. There's no way to apply this product thin...its just a thick consistency and it worsens over time. I've had mine for less than a year and its extremely goopy and gone down so far that the brush doesn't even reach the product but there's still a little under 3/4 of a bottle left. I also find it bubbles up my nail polish and its super expensive where I get my OPI products.

I just purchased Seche Vite Top Coat and I am in love. Its my HG top coat and I won't be purchasing any other product except that; therefore, I will not be repurchasing this product. I love OPI products but I am not a fan of this at all! Don't waste your money...get the Seche Vite if you have it available in your area (Sally's Beauty Supply carries it I believe...thats where I got mine!)

on 1/14/2011 1:33:00 PM

When I first got this top coat I loved it. It went on easily and made my polish last really well, particularly OPI and Essie. It does dry slowly so if you're not patient you will need a fast drying top coat as well. However, I found when I got to about a third of the way through the bottle it went really thick and goopy and I couldn't thin it out so I had to bin it. Not great as OPI is expensive here in the UK!

on 1/9/2011 7:48:00 PM

I have repurchased this top coat countless times. I've had no problems with it at all, except when it gets low in the bottle, it thickens. But this is an issue with any polish that's been usedon a weekly basis for one and a half to two years. It's shiny, dries quickly and makes my polish stay up to a week without chips.

on 11/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Probably one of the more basic top coats. It seems to take forever, especially if youíre used to top coats. If you happen to use a thick two layers or more Ė youíll have to be careful even hours after application because your nails will still be susceptible to dents and smudges.
This Top Coat does offer a nice shine and is a thinner polish Ė but does tend to thick up over time as with most nail polishes, so Iíve added thinner to mine a few times by now to keep it usable. It does prolong my manicures a couple of days or so than had I not added OPI Top Coat, but no more superior than Seche Vite.
If you want a basic top coat, you're better off buying some cheap drugstore brand. I bet you my pinkie nail they'd be similar in quality!
Definitely not a repurchase product, nor would I recommend it. I received it free with purchase and itís nothing to write home about.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This top coat doesn't really work on me. My polish doesn't even last a day, if I apply it in the morning, it's already chipped by the evening. The only positive thing about it (an the reason why I did not give it a 1) is that it has a very nice glossy finish, but appart from that, quite a big disappointment.

on 11/1/2010 10:27:00 AM

Hmm I don't have the same problems like most people reviewing this seem to have. Guess I'm just lucky :P Only problem I do have with this tbh is the drying? I'm use to a quick 1-2 min dry this seems to take 5 mins.. haha. This makes my nail polish not chip (I use OPI & Revlon) But I think also cause I'll this every 2nd day lol call me nuts but it seems to work though people say putting to much makes it chip or look thick but I started doing this randomly when I got a manicure & wanted to keep it nice for more than a week. Also my OPI top coat polish is pretty old like a year :$ still good to me haha going to throw it out soon cause I don't want to jinx.

on 10/17/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It chipped off, took the longest time to dry, and was not worth 10 dollars. i think i could find much better top coats for a much cheaper price that actually work. Its a bit gelly so its hard to work with. i like my nails to be perfect so with one small mistake I have to start all over again.not something i would like to repurchase.

on 10/12/2010 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For people that commented on 12.50 price - yes, that's what we in Canada pay for this. In Canada we pay one third more on EVERYTHING. I know a place where I can get OPI for 9 bucks, but most places sell these for 12-12.50CAD.

Now on to the review. I like the top coat, long wear, no chipping for me even with dark vampy colors for a week. BUT, it takes hours to dry. You have to do your nails in the morning or you will end up with sheet/hair marks even if you wait 3 hours before going to bed. But then it doesn't claim to be fast drying....although 3-4 hours drying time is a bit too much, don't you think? Won't repurchase because of that only.

Top Rated OPI Products