OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 1/9/2011 7:48:00 PM

I have repurchased this top coat countless times. I've had no problems with it at all, except when it gets low in the bottle, it thickens. But this is an issue with any polish that's been usedon a weekly basis for one and a half to two years. It's shiny, dries quickly and makes my polish stay up to a week without chips.

on 11/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Probably one of the more basic top coats. It seems to take forever, especially if youíre used to top coats. If you happen to use a thick two layers or more Ė youíll have to be careful even hours after application because your nails will still be susceptible to dents and smudges.
This Top Coat does offer a nice shine and is a thinner polish Ė but does tend to thick up over time as with most nail polishes, so Iíve added thinner to mine a few times by now to keep it usable. It does prolong my manicures a couple of days or so than had I not added OPI Top Coat, but no more superior than Seche Vite.
If you want a basic top coat, you're better off buying some cheap drugstore brand. I bet you my pinkie nail they'd be similar in quality!
Definitely not a repurchase product, nor would I recommend it. I received it free with purchase and itís nothing to write home about.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This top coat doesn't really work on me. My polish doesn't even last a day, if I apply it in the morning, it's already chipped by the evening. The only positive thing about it (an the reason why I did not give it a 1) is that it has a very nice glossy finish, but appart from that, quite a big disappointment.

on 11/1/2010 10:27:00 AM

Hmm I don't have the same problems like most people reviewing this seem to have. Guess I'm just lucky :P Only problem I do have with this tbh is the drying? I'm use to a quick 1-2 min dry this seems to take 5 mins.. haha. This makes my nail polish not chip (I use OPI & Revlon) But I think also cause I'll this every 2nd day lol call me nuts but it seems to work though people say putting to much makes it chip or look thick but I started doing this randomly when I got a manicure & wanted to keep it nice for more than a week. Also my OPI top coat polish is pretty old like a year :$ still good to me haha going to throw it out soon cause I don't want to jinx.

on 10/17/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It chipped off, took the longest time to dry, and was not worth 10 dollars. i think i could find much better top coats for a much cheaper price that actually work. Its a bit gelly so its hard to work with. i like my nails to be perfect so with one small mistake I have to start all over again.not something i would like to repurchase.

on 10/12/2010 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For people that commented on 12.50 price - yes, that's what we in Canada pay for this. In Canada we pay one third more on EVERYTHING. I know a place where I can get OPI for 9 bucks, but most places sell these for 12-12.50CAD.

Now on to the review. I like the top coat, long wear, no chipping for me even with dark vampy colors for a week. BUT, it takes hours to dry. You have to do your nails in the morning or you will end up with sheet/hair marks even if you wait 3 hours before going to bed. But then it doesn't claim to be fast drying....although 3-4 hours drying time is a bit too much, don't you think? Won't repurchase because of that only.

on 9/26/2010 3:44:00 AM

I personally love how thick the top coat is and how shiny it makes my nails. I paint my nails at least once a week, so I am always looking for a great top coat. I find that this one bubbles too much though! If I didn't get the product for such a reasonable price ($7) I wouldn't continue with it. But it has a fantastic consistancy to it. OPI: Get a new formula for topcoat... Love the other polishes though, never a problem!

on 9/24/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I cannot get over how great this top coat is! I painted my nails 5 days ago with An Affair in Red Square, fully expecting it to chip off within a couple of days because it's a shimmery nail polish. I put on this top coat and now, five days later, I have notice one tiny little chip. I am amazed. I will use this top coat again and again and have been raving about it to my friends. Try it!

on 8/27/2010 10:58:00 AM

This top coat is just about one of the worst things that OPI has done. It chips the nails so easily, doesn't keep them shiny. They need to go back to the drawing board with this, get a new formula that lives up to the OPI name

on 8/10/2010 3:30:00 AM

I don't really like this top coat. It's definitely not quick drying, and it gets goopy on me really easily. I haven't even used up half of the bottle and I've owned it for less than a year, but the consistency has already started getting goopy on me. This creates a really thick layer which takes forever to dry. I'm definitely trying out the Seche Vite that everyone's been hyping about (especially since Sayanythingbr00ke on youtube swears by it!). I can still work with it though as long as I do my nails during the day so it doesn't get ruined when I sleep at night!

Top Rated OPI Products