MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown

4.4

cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, jojoba seed oil, ceresin, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

It totally stinks! It most definately does NOT live up to its reputation. Someone told me to get it for my wedding because it is smudge-proof, budge-proof, blah, blah, blah....luckily I experimented with it before the big day...it smudged all over my eyes in a matter of minutes. I looked like I had two black eyes, the eyeliner was all over the place. Styli-Style Line and Seal kicks its butt and its a third of the price.

Very nice and well deserving of all the praise. I bought this after reading the rave reviews here, so thanks guys! I have now found my favorite liner and my search is over. The color is beautiful - a rich dark brown that can pair nicely with black mascara. It is very universal in terms of color combinations. It also glides on smoothly and lasts, lasts, LASTS! I actually had trouble removing it. Love it! EDIT: As much as a love the rich brown color and buttery feel, this smudges like crazy under my eyes. Can't take it, so I'm switching to Revlon Colorstay in Black/Brown

on 3/31/2004 8:08:00 PM

Update: 4/26/05
This pencil is a bit difficult to apply with a light hand and is quite a chore to blend well.
I found some softer easier to blend pencils, I prefer.

on 3/17/2004 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a basic brown. These eyeliners are really the best out there (as far as pencil eyeliners go). They go on like a gel and last all day. A definate must have!

on 2/22/2004 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I decided to get this Powerpoint color because this is my first pencil eye liner in a long time! (I use eye shadows and a brush to line) I have worn this pencil on several occasions already, and I love it! The color is a dark brown, that is really beautiful and goes with a lot of other colors. The pencil consistency is soft, and it is easy to apply in a thin line, and I love that it can be smudged. But what I love best is that once applied and smudged, it stays on all day long! The Powerpoints will be really great for Summer, since here in So. Texas, it gets really hot and humid, and makeup melts right off. I will definetly repurchase this, and I want more colors already. continued >>

on 2/15/2004 11:58:00 PM

Really surprised by all these positive reviews. This smudged on me almost immediately and was otherwise truly ordinary. Sue Devitt's eye intensifiers last infinitely longer, unlike any other pencil I've tried in fact and are much softer.

on 2/12/2004 6:50:00 PM

Wow. This is the most pigmented eyeliner I've found. Very easy to apply, but be careful. You really only need to touch your skin to get color. It goes on very smoothly and stays all day long...I even find it slightly hard to remove with makeup remover. Great stuff.

on 2/11/2004 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

GGG with brown eyes, dark lashes. For my "in a rush" eye, this is my holy grail. I can quickly line my top and bottom with a very natural color and still look a bit made up. This liner stays all day on top and I touch up once for the bottom mid-day.

on 2/7/2004 4:06:00 PM

I waited almost two months last summer to get this liner and when I finally had it in my little grubby hands I couldn't see what the fuss was about. It was SO dry, it would just drag itelf along my lash line. I put it away and never thought of it again, until about a month ago when all these reviews on mua inspired me to whip it out again. This time I sharpened it to get a nice point and wow! does it ever glide on smoothly. The colour is great, a nice deep brown and it does not budge. I love it. I think the secret to getting it to go on well is to keep the tip sharpened. Removal is a snap, I use either Marcelle waterproof eyemakeup remover or Lancome Bi-Facil (dip q-tip into remover, glide over the lashline and voila! no more liner) Really any oil based remover does the trick. I now want more of these...

on 2/7/2004 12:35:00 AM

I love this eyeliner. I've been using it for a long time. My friend and I were getting a mini-makeover the other day at the Stila counter when the MA asked us to wait a second so she could go get the best liner she's ever used... then came back with this one. What more can I say... this is the best!

Top Rated MAC Products