December 18, 2014 | 1779 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

I was aware of the hype, bought once returned it back cuz I liked the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural better. But now my need was something that gives no coverage, just making my oily skin matt and velvety. This does just that, I LOVE it. But I dont like that you cant store your puff seperately. This keeps your skin matt for longer and it makes it gives a nice finish, more natural BUT you CAN overdo it if you keep putting it on. It is possible to make it cake. For reference I'm NC35 and I use this in Medium Dark (dont be fooled by the name it's quite light).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

O-M-G! Its the greatest blotter! My face gets oily throughout the day, but when I use this blot powder its awsome! Although it is a bit pricie for my budget, I got it with the Studio fix fluid... but over all I'm happy with this product. Will buy again...but will try to use less to save more b4 my next one..
Update: 3/20/12
I only buy MAC when I have extra money. So for my Vegas trip I decided to get this and the Studio flix fluid..What a DUO DAMAGE is do to my face! I returned it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by capellanadea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin, but mosly oily on cheeks and t-zone. I used to use blotting paper a few times during the day to take care of oilies but it took away my foundation too. So when I discovered MAC Blot Powder I couldn't leave home without this. It's in my everyday purse, a very good powder to use for blotting. It doesn't impress me on setting my foundation because I prefer a true-skin look which I achieve from using MUFE Face & Body and this kinda defeats that purpose. I can see that I'm using powder if I use this to set my foundation. (still on the hunt for a HG loose powder). But for touching up, this is perfect. For ref: I'm NC40 MUFE F&B 34 and medium dark shade is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by xldykay

i get EXTREMELY oily whether it be winter or summer.
i thought id give this a try. unfortunately it didnt seem to be doing any oil control. instead it caused me to produce more oil!

i decided to try it one more time during a wedding, and not only did it not control oil for me but it also oxidized and turned me orange ):
not great for pictures darn.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The price was alright, but as always, I am super scared to try MAC foundation, powder, and concealer. I really wanted to love this product, but it broke me out SO BAD!! little white heads everywhere (and I rarely get white heads) omgosh it was HORRENDOUS! I love other MAC products like eyeshadow, blush, and brushes, but everything else really isnt for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ggordil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by all of the glowing reviews.

I bought this and used it a couple of times and then I returned it. I would put this on when I started to look a little shiny and it made my face look cakey. It honestly looked like I had a mask on. Also, it did change the color of my foundation, so I had to put it on my entire face, not just where I was oily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I so wanted to love this powder. This powder looked ashy/chalky on my skin and worst of all, it broke me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by gisellesparrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I was hesitant on spending $20 on such an iffy product, but I went ahead and did it and I LOVE it. Within 1-2 hours of applying my makeup I instantly find that my T zone is oily again, and when this powder is applied it leaves a soft, velvet-y, natural finish. I find that I STILL have to apply this more often than I wish I'd have to, but makeup can only do so much. *****

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Parodybarbiegirl

The price is ok for a MAC product I expected to pay at least 25 euro but it only cost 20. In MAC products I'm an NW 20 so I was very surpriced when they recommended the medium/dark one but I haven't had any problems with it. I use this as a settingpowder on my T-zone and it works great I only have to touch-up every 5 hours or so.
The compact it came in wasn't that good and the powderpuff was rubish. I depotted it and put it in my hello kitty beautypowder compact which is way sturdier and prettier.
It has only one downpart... many layers will look caky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Sakurazukamori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is everybody's favorite and it has come to be mine too.
It is impressive that my oily skin suddenly gets velvet like when I apply it.