MAC Lady Danger

4.5

on 3/8/2011 3:14:00 AM

I had been too afraid of buying this lipstick for myself, so my boyfriend (I'm so lucky!) wandered into a MAC store and bought it for me!
This is definitely not for the faint hearted! It's super pigmented and can easily drain your face. Once applied, I normally pat the top of my lips lightly and put a tiny bit of the lipstick my fingers have picked up onto my cheeks before setting with powder. I think it has the potential to suit a lot of skin tones so don't be afraid to try it! Will definitely buy again!

on 3/7/2011 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love it, I'd been wondering whether to start off with Russian Red or Lady Danger and I am overly happy I chose the latter. It lasts all day, and if it starts looking a bit too dry I just put on a tiny bit of red creamy( not glossy) gloss and it looks great. I also love the way it looks very bright during the day and a bit deeper red when it gets darker.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Let me just start off by saying, I'm pretty obsessed with orange lips right now. Had to stop in at MAC a while ago to get my Back2MAC gift, and ended up choosing this! What an awesome matte orange-red. Looks great on warmer skin tones. Its not a color for the timid as it is so bright, but if you're looking for an attention getting lipstick, this is it! MACs matte lipsticks tend to be a little drying so you may want to consider a little lip balm before hand if you're prone to chapped lips.

on 2/25/2011 1:43:00 PM

Love love love this! Bright, fun and sexy. It lights up my whole face when I wear it. A man even stopped me to ask me out because of this lipstick (he wasn't my type but at least I got asked out!!). Buy it!

on 2/25/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

isn't pic number 5 the girl from Badgirls Club?!?! lol she was so obnoxious.

on 2/24/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Hello, perfect red lip! This is where you've been all my life?

I'm an NC20-25 (closer to 25 right now) Asian, and on recs went to check out Russian Red, Ruby Woo, and Lady Danger. The former turned a bit fuschia on me, which was my problem with Chanel Gabrielle.

Lady Danger was oh-so-perfect. The orange-red doesn't pull tomato, and instead brightens up my face beautifully. Applied full-on, it's the perfect classic red for my skin tone. Blotted on with fingers, and it creates a warm flush on my lips.

It is drying, but most mattes are. Take care to prep your lips well!

on 2/24/2011 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tanned Asian skin and I love the pop Lady Danger has against my coloring. Well, it would pop against any coloring, I guess, but the orange tint in this red, rather than looking scary, just has a hip, modern edge to it. The florescent quality of it stands out, but in a good way as long as the rest of your face is relatively bare. I googled images of this lipstick before purchasing it and I think it looks good on all skin tones. A good red to add to a collection, even if you don't normally wear red.

I love this colour. It's a great red for my skin tone andnwarml reds like this can be hard to find. I found it a bit difficult to apply at first because of the matte consistency. A brush can help here. Once you get it on though, it stays on and doesn't bleed or feather much. Using the MAC Prep + Prime for Lips makes it a lot easier to apply. It can feel a little cakey on. I will definitely be repurchasing this as I love it now that I have worked out how to get it on.

on 1/24/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm on a red lipstick kick. Not just any red lipstick. Intense, warm, bombshell red lipstick. I admit to being sucked in by J. Crew's catalogs where they used a pop of color against a neutral palette. Glossy full color advertisement is not wasted on me. So when I found out that they used Lady Danger in one of their photo shoots, I made it a goal to hunt this lippie down. This is only available in the MAC stores and not at the counters (least not around here). I have a warm olive Asian skin tone (accentuated by a December stint in Maui) and this color is the bomb. I wore it out one evening while running errands and I can't believe how many compliments I got. I walked into a local makeup/beauty shop and was immediately attacked by SAs and customers all asking about the color. This is definitely going to be a staple for me. I can get away with wearing it as an everyday but gotta be careful to tone down the rest of your makeup lest "clown" comes to mind. Just a swipe of jet black mascara and eyeliner with the barest hint of a neutral blush should do the trick.

on 1/9/2011 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse

M.A.C's Lady Danger (Matte) is a good name for this extremely bold red-orange lipstick. Careful, on the wrong skin-tone and wrong makeup this lipstick can be dangerous indeed and not in a good way. This color lipstick is definitely not universal in my opinion. I can get away with it on a club night out, but it is not a everyday wearable red, like my Ruby Woo. Use sparingly.
Pros: long wearing, bright, matte
Cons: party or event lipstick only.

Popular Lipsticks