September 2, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2003 9:26:00 AM More reviews by fletch50

I was a little bit frightened when I saw this in the tube. To me, it looked like an opaque peach colour with orange tones. However, when applied it is a very sheer, natural looking peach colour. I am a PPP, and I have to be careful with this kind of shade, as it can wash me out. However, Barbarella didn't wash me out at all. I highly recommend checking this one out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2003 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Allerleirauh

This is the lipstick I reach for when I want a natural look. I pair it with Nars Rosebud lip pencil to achieve the most beautiful YLBB color. It's creamy yet kind of sheer, which is fine with me, as a more opaque peach would totally wash out my pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 12:32:00 AM More reviews by adalane2003

This is a very pretty peach color without too much of the orange. Looks great on PPP skin since it creates a beautiful glow. Texture is great but moisturizing power is in question. Would suggest use of lip balm prior to application to ensure no drying effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 7:24:00 AM More reviews by seba

I was looking at one photos of Drew Barrymore with other Charlie’s Angels girls, and I really like her makeup, particularly her lip colors. I was searching hi and lo for that color, a light peachy nude. And I finally found it, Nars Barbarella is the closest match I have seen so far. When I want glossier finish I just add MAC Tittle Tassle on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2003 3:56:00 AM More reviews by bebegir162

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great color and cute packaging. It looks pinky/peach on my lips, and really helps to brighten my face. However, you need to make sure you have very moisturized lips because it tends to accentuate any dryness you have (for me at least). I find the taste of the lipstick to be a turn off, a very strong beeswax taste, but the color is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by honey88

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I visited Japan, all the ladies there had amazing pale pink lips that looked just innocent, natural, flattering and beautiful. Problem was, when I got back to the States I couldn't find the shade I wanted.... everything was too pale, too ashy or sheer.

So there I was looking for yet another pale pink lipstick that wouldn't make my Asian Chinese skin look washed out, or make me look like I'd been on ice. My DH was impatiently waiting for me by the NARS counter, and having followed me around while I tried on pink lipstick after pink lipstick, pointed at "Barbarella" and said, "Try that, that looks different from the others you have at home".

The colour is a VERY pigmented, shiny peachy pink in the tube. With misgivings, I swiped it on. Voila! Instant perfect peachy-pink lips. Now I know why I was having so much trouble replicating the Japanese girls' looks, they were wearing peach-based pinks, not pure pinks! Barbarella is deep enough to show on my NC25 - 30 Asian skin, doesn't wash me out, definitely light-medium peachy pink, wonderful! Texture is sheer and glossy, but surprisingly, it lasts for a long time on the lip.

This is a great lipstick to wear during the day for a "I want to look casual but flirty" look, and at night for a "dark eyes paired with light lips" look. Highly highly recommended, don't be scared because it looks strange in the tube, try it! continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 2:38:00 AM More reviews by gaby99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail lipstick. Its a creamy nude peachy pink that gives a great nude, a slightly peachy pink lip. It looks fabulous on my pigmented lips and PPP skin and it would look great on other pale gals but probably not darker tones as it could wash them out. I love it so much, I don't use any other lipstick.