Kerastase Bain de Force

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamidopropionate, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Methylparaben, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Polyquaternium-30, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Carbomer, Polyquaternium-7, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Quaternium-87, Methylparaben, 2-Oleamido-1,3, Octadecanediol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/9/2008 10:42:00 PM

Like some of the reviewers below, the first time I used this, my hair looked simply amazing. I couldn't believe the difference in my fine, but abundant, somewhat damaged hair (from too much highlighting). The second time, however, it felt a little drier, and by the third use, I could barely comb the conditioner through. I guess my hair is sensitive to proteins or something. The search continues...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Most important thing to know about this line is, IT IS FOR VERY DAMAGED HAIR, if your hair is not in bad shape, do not buy it. I have been using this shampoo with the complement conditioner for over 3 weeks now, at the begining I only used the shampoo cause when trying the conditioner if would leave my hair too baby hair looking with no texture. Then after two weeks of only using the shampoo I decided to give the conditioner another try but this time making sure all the product was gone and no apparent residue left on the hair and I have to say that this line is amazing, I have been suffering from weak hair and lots of loss too to the point of being scared I had some sort of hair loss going on. After using this line, I almost see any hair falling at all in the shower which that itself is huge and my hair is in much better shape now, have to say that for all the damage I have in my hair and how week it was this is amazing, and I would definetely keep on buying it. UPDATE:I think this product is good but is not a product to use forever for my type of hair, but it really changed my hair and for that i beliave that is great for emergency treatment, now if I had thick hair I would keep using it.

on 12/27/2007 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My stylist recommended this as I am trying to coax my hair back to its natural state after years of heavy highlighting. I have fine fragile hair that when virgin is really shiny, healthy and strong but doesn't hold up to chemical treatments that well. I have been using this for two weeks and my hair is so soft, shiny, so much stronger and silky! I am using this in conjuction with the Ciment Anti-Usure and am very happy with the results so far. My friends have been commenting on how silky and shiny my hair looks lately so I hope the improvements continue!

on 12/18/2007 3:38:00 PM

I totally agree with Erica below! This stuff smells amazing and worked great the first time I used. After that... its the absolute worst shampoo I have ever used. Too bad too because it is also the most expensive and the salon won't take returns :( It leaves my hair tangled, very stripped, like a brillo pad! This did not help my hair it only contrubuted to my damaged/breaking hair problem.

EDIT: Ok I gave this another shot.. and while my hair feels a little tangly and is a little frizzy, its softer, shinier and stronger.. emphasis on stronger, thats what I need now. I just have to rotate this with something more moisturizing. oh and the smell is exactly what I want in a "hair smell"

I brought a bottle of this shampoo after reading the praising reviews on this site. My hair has been breaking off, and the annoying strands stick up, generally looking terrible. It's in bad condition, despite not using my straighteners anymore... After the first time I used this shampoo, my hair was amazing, so soft and smooth. like the previous reviewer who says her hair would not stay in the clip, I had the same problem! It smells wonderful, and feels really nice when lathering etc. However...

I have used it four times since then, and each time it has made my hair awful. It gets worse with each wash. My hair feels so dry. It feels and looks very stiff.. I can't get a comb through because of the knots, like it's stuck together. Surely this defeats the purpose of this shampoo? Trying to comb through hair like this is surely breaking even more hair off, and doing more harm than good? I love other products by Kerastase, this one though? Don't bother.

I am brunette and have fine hair.

on 10/25/2007 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This one is the best there is. I use it once a week and it totally revitalizes my hair. It makes my hair really soft and shine and now, after I've been using it for a while, my hair is so much stronger. It is quite expensive (like any other product from Kerastase) but it is completely worth it. My hair is a different one after I've started to use it. It is definetly worth a shot.

on 10/14/2007 8:42:00 PM

I find Kerastase conditioners, treatments and styling products good but not worth raving about. However, I find their shampoos to be the best in the business, and Bain de Force is about the only one I hadnít tried so I thought Iíd give it a go. My abundant hair is naturally very fine, prone to frizz and fly aways and as I wash and heat style it daily and colour it regularly, I figured it could do with a shampoo designed for weakened hair. Iím always a sceptic when it comes to believing products can strengthen or repair hair so I really canít say if itís helped to fortify my hair but like with all Kerastase shampoos, it cleanses gently, leaves my hair tangle free and feeling really soft and smooth and thatís all I can ask for. So although Kerastase is expensive I am willing to pay for their shampoos because I believe they are the best around. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/28/2007 11:13:00 PM

The smell is great, the product is great, the price... I'm getting used to it. Overall though, this is a fabu product. Never before have I been able to wash my hair without conditioner, but with this stuff, no problem. It's amazingly moisturizing without getting heavy. I use it every day.

on 9/21/2007 6:55:00 PM

I am trying to grow my hair soooo... I've been recently cutting down the blow-drying and ironing, to give my soft curls some fresh air. I've maltreated my hair for a long time (had done home-made straightening.. Don't!). Since then my hair started to dry out and break easily. I tried all sorts of restorative or strengthening threatments but they weren't enough.

When I use this shampoo I can feel my hair getting stronger. With my first application my hair got so tick and strong i had to apply some detangler or conditioner since it tangled up a bit, and for the first time the conditioner worked well on my fine hair.

Cutting the crap... I recommend it for a boost of strength. Doesn't provide shine w/o a conditioner but I don't mind as long as my hair starts growing stronger. One of the best shampoos for my hair.

on 9/12/2007 6:49:00 PM

I have medium to fine hair with some damage. It made my hair straw-like, brittle, dry. I used it a few times with and without matching conditioner and each time my hair looked worse. I also tried it on my husband and my daughter and we all end up with nasty, dry, brittle hair. I have well water at home - maybe that was the reason.

Top Rated Kerastase Products