April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ericabattenberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought a bottle of this shampoo after reading the praising reviews on this site. My hair has been breaking off, and the annoying strands stick up, generally looking terrible. It's in bad condition, despite not using my straighteners anymore... After the first time I used this shampoo, my hair was amazing, so soft and smooth. like the previous reviewer who says her hair would not stay in the clip, I had the same problem! It smells wonderful, and feels really nice when lathering etc. However...

I have used it four times since then, and each time it has made my hair awful. It gets worse with each wash. My hair feels so dry. It feels and looks very stiff.. I can't get a comb through because of the knots, like it's stuck together. Surely this defeats the purpose of this shampoo? Trying to comb through hair like this is surely breaking even more hair off, and doing more harm than good? I love other products by Kerastase, this one though? Don't bother.

I am brunette and have fine hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by PrincessJu

This one is the best there is. I use it once a week and it totally revitalizes my hair. It makes my hair really soft and shine and now, after I've been using it for a while, my hair is so much stronger. It is quite expensive (like any other product from Kerastase) but it is completely worth it. My hair is a different one after I've started to use it. It is definetly worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find Kerastase conditioners, treatments and styling products good but not worth raving about. However, I find their shampoos to be the best in the business, and Bain de Force is about the only one I hadnít tried so I thought Iíd give it a go. My abundant hair is naturally very fine, prone to frizz and fly aways and as I wash and heat style it daily and colour it regularly, I figured it could do with a shampoo designed for weakened hair. Iím always a sceptic when it comes to believing products can strengthen or repair hair so I really canít say if itís helped to fortify my hair but like with all Kerastase shampoos, it cleanses gently, leaves my hair tangle free and feeling really soft and smooth and thatís all I can ask for. So although Kerastase is expensive I am willing to pay for their shampoos because I believe they are the best around. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sfhillerin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is great, the product is great, the price... I'm getting used to it. Overall though, this is a fabu product. Never before have I been able to wash my hair without conditioner, but with this stuff, no problem. It's amazingly moisturizing without getting heavy. I use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by aa1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am trying to grow my hair soooo... I've been recently cutting down the blow-drying and ironing, to give my soft curls some fresh air. I've maltreated my hair for a long time (had done home-made straightening.. Don't!). Since then my hair started to dry out and break easily. I tried all sorts of restorative or strengthening threatments but they weren't enough.

When I use this shampoo I can feel my hair getting stronger. With my first application my hair got so tick and strong i had to apply some detangler or conditioner since it tangled up a bit, and for the first time the conditioner worked well on my fine hair.

Cutting the crap... I recommend it for a boost of strength. Doesn't provide shine w/o a conditioner but I don't mind as long as my hair starts growing stronger. One of the best shampoos for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by bgp

I have medium to fine hair with some damage. It made my hair straw-like, brittle, dry. I used it a few times with and without matching conditioner and each time my hair looked worse. I also tried it on my husband and my daughter and we all end up with nasty, dry, brittle hair. I have well water at home - maybe that was the reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by gal_26

The only reason that I have not marked this higher is that I still have high hopes that I will find something that makes my hair look even better. So far I haven't! I started using this years ago after my flatmate had an ill-advised perm which ruined her hair. She was recommended this by another hairdresser and the difference this made to her hair was incredible. So of course I couldn't resist giving it a try. My hair is long, wavy and quite fine although I have lots of it. I prefer to straighten which can leave it very dry and as it's prone to frizz this shampoo works wonders!!!! It moisturises well without weighing down and makes my hair so easy to style after washing. The smell and texture is excellent! Will definitely keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 3:34:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this, it does what it says vis-a-vis helping breakage, but there is nothing that wows me. However my hair is softer than when I use my normal shampoo. I am still on the fence about re-buying as I did not fall in love with this, but I don't dislike it. Will probably update when I finish the bottle.
Update: The more I use this, the more I like it. This does not weigh my hair down and it is the first shampoo in a while that didn't make me want to wash my hair every day because my hair still felt clean on day two. The price tag hurts so the jury is still out a rebuy, but I am putting yes because I am happy with it and, dare I say, like it more than the d/s brand I normally use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RunningCali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is very thin and breaks all the time, but this definitely makes a huge difference. I am finally able to grow my hair out past my shoulders. It is really expensive but you don't have to use very much at all. The one complaint I have is that the top is huge and kind of a pain to deal with in the shower, but that's not such a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jadelowe

Not bad, The colour shampoo will make your hair feel alot softer though it deffo does what it says on the pot.