The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this (stealing from Mom) since the sixth grade and it really keeps blemishes at bay, I use it on my face and on my body since I have a slight back issue. It has a nice clean smell and works on my skin efficiently. The only issue I have with the product is how expensive it is. I always buy it if I have an offer or if it's on sale.

This makes my face feel soft and smooth, but it also breaks me out. I'm not sure why it breaks me out, I do have sensitive skin though so that might be the problem.

on 6/18/2010 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A green thick smooth mask that you applying over your face and neck. It leaves your skin shiny, smooth and clean. Reduces redness and blemishes. Best used at night.
A good mask that I recommend to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin. It also doesn't dry out your skin as much as the cleanser does.

on 6/12/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this on offer from the Body Shop - wouldn't have bought it otherwise because of the price. Good thing about it tho is that it lasts for a long time since there's a decent amount in the pot. I didn't like that you had to dip your fingers in everytime tho, and if you have long nails the mask gets stuck under your nails.

I normally do it in the shower since it's hard to wash off and tends to clump to the hair around my face. Kinda stings for the first minute or so after application which goes away. Nice antiseptic-tea tree oil which may be too strong for those who don't like the scent. My skin does seem clearer and more 'glowy' after the mask but only lasts about an hour before returning to its original condition. In terms of acne control I felt this didn't really help much. Good to 'clean' the skin out once a week tho!

on 6/8/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an average product. As a clean mask, I think it cleaned my face, and it's not too strong to my skin. The smell is ok , the texture is ok as well. But it doesn't do anything to my acne. You can try it if you want, but don't give it any high expectation... Repurchase it or not? SInce there are a lot of product out there, I think I won't buy it in the near future...

on 6/4/2010 4:08:00 PM

This does nothing for me. It is just an okay product. All I like is the cooling effect. It is perfect for summer. But it doesn't work on controlling blemishes

on 6/1/2010 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this mask for years. I used to use the Clinique deep cleansing emergency mask but that got a little too drying. I love this one. It make my skin feel nice and fresh after using and the texture is so thick a little def goes a long way. Also I think I had one in my cabinet that is atleast 2 years old and it still works fine. I think the price is reasonable and you get a good bit. I think once a week is plenty to use this mask or twice maybe. Also, with all of the promos the body shop runs you can always get some sort of discount on it. I have combination skin that gets a bit dry at times and i love th at ths mask doesnt dry me out. the tea tree is also very soothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Definitely my favourite out of all the masks I have ever tried. It has a wonderful clean smell, and really calms down red, agitated, breaking-out skin. I do spot-masks on really angry areas, but otherwise once a week works briliantly for me. It has a slight tingly feeling, which I really like, and the colour is hilarious. I love the Tea Tree range, and will definitely buy again. The Body Shop is a bit exxy, but the products last ages.

I always use the body shop products for my face. The tea tree line is excellent and the mask is great. I use it once a week for about half an hour and it does amazing things for your skin. I def. suggest everyone who has combination towards oily or oily skin.

on 5/14/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mask really calms my very acne prone skin, and reduces break outs. It's easy to put on and doesn't completely dry so it's relatively easy to wash off as well. It's also pretty mild, so it feels nice on the skin and doesn't dry it out (unlike the sea weed mask which stings, dries and does nothing for my acne).

The price is reasonable, it's actually among the cheaper clay masks I've found, and it lasts a long time. It can be used as a spot treatment over night as well if you don't mind getting green pillows! The mask is not as effective as the fresh masks from Lush, but since I only buy those on occasion, this is my "keep at home at all times" mask.