October 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Dixy10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only did this 2 weeks ago and my nearest freestanding mac is London so it was only a lipstick for me but to tell the truth that doesnt bother me at all. I got russian red which I wouldnt of bought because its completly out of character for me to where red lipstick. I just love the fact that I can pick something that I wouldnt normally go for and if I really go off it it wasnt a waste of money. I took 6 eyeshadow pans with no metal inserts and it was fine. My daughters having the next one as a treat because she helps me to depot. Just hope they keep doing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yay for B2MAC! This is the best, if you go to a department stores than you can only purchase a lipstick(not the viva glam lipsticks because all proceeds go to AIDS funding program), but it does include limited edition lipsticks... but my personal choice is to go to a MAC store personally! At a MAC store (not within a department store but rather in it's own withstanding store within a mall) I can choose from an eyeshadow, lipglass, lustreglass, plushglass, lipstick, dazzleglass and any limited edition shades of these counts!!! On top of this, the new cremesheen glasses will be available for this! AND, my back2MAC products can be used as part of the 6 empties, here they don't write anything on the container so I can't bring it back. And EVEN I can bring any limited edition whatever to the store (some of you have problems with this?)Wow, this program is the best, I hear complaints? I wonder if it's because things here in Canada are more lenient? It's probably because MAC is from Toronto here in Canada... maybe they are easier on us :P?! Hope you guys have better luck! If you have problems, you can go on maccosmetics.ca or .com i guess, and talk to a live chat makeup artist... ask her etc what they will accept e.g. will you take 6 empties for dazzleglass limited edition? and she will say yes to whatever product you ask, you can then print the conversation and go to your MAC counter and show this if you have problems! Plus, I just found out that mac accepts empty duo adhesive or false lash cases! Lol, it only sucks that they don't accept refill pans. I wish MAC store accepted them though at the least? I mean they have a record of the pans you buy on your file! But nooooo too many people screw up a good thing and con-artisted MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by stellaqlf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love going to the store with empty containers and leaving with free stuff!!

Read that some girls got a free eyeshadow instead on the lippie, I'm from M'sia and was never offered that. I now live in Australia and there's no MAC store where I live, sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an a great program for the avid MAC user. I've been using MAC for over 10 years so I always have containers laying around. I don't by lipsticks unless there is a Viva Glam I really want.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Love this!! Great marketing tool because people get a free lipstick, love it and keep buying it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by luenaiya

This program is amazing, I cannot for the life of me figure out why the MAC here in the UK does not have a similar program. Surely recycling is a global phenomenon

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by i8grapes

What the hell is wrong with people? It's a free program and you're getting free stuff... Why does anyone complain about this? It's beyond comprehension... RAWR.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is a good deal for ecology, for MAC and for the consumer ... I have had only great dealings with my MAC sa's when taking back packaging and have a great eyeshadow collection because of it. One thing I do not understand, however, is why they will only give you an e/s in a pot in exchange for the trade ins. Then you depot it anyway???Oh well - love the program!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaiSahara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love B2M!! I usually turn in depotted e/s pots, and never had a problem at a freestanding store... even received compliments on how well I depot! In return I usually get just normal eyeshadows, but I have gotten a mineralize one before, too. I've definitely used the heck out of this program, and love it! I try to buy the pro pans when I can, but usually have pots around due to CCO purchases so I can usually use the program several times a year, depending on my buying habits. Definitely helped me become really brand loyal... dunno if that's good or bad :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This program is great - I love to recycle & this is even better in that I get something back.
How it works: you turn in the packaging/containers from 6 (Authentic) MAC purchases (normally, empty) & you get 1 free item (traditionally a lipstick, but sometimes an eyeshadow), of your choice, in return.

Things to know:
- this transaction can be conducted online... go to their website, complete the questions, a form will appear for you to print out & put your (LIPSTICK ONLY) request on, and mail it in with your empties.
- at the counter/store, they MAY let you chose an eyeshadow instead
- some counters require the metal pans in your eyeshadow depots (you can buy these in bulk online, for cheap)
- check with your counter or store to determine what condition they will accept your empties in, and what (eyeshadow or lipstick) you will be able to receive in return.
- you cannot Back 2 Mac (B2M) for the Viva Glam products ... but does it really matter - you're cheating the charity by getting it for free.... just make the donation (100% of purchase price) and buy the Viva Glams :)
- you can go online and see what products' empties you're allowed to B2M

Overall, this is a really great program that more cosmetic companies should offer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No