April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2003 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Natasha21

I usually don't use product on my hair, but a stylist put this on before blowdrying and I ended up liking the results. My hair smooth, soft, and shiny. She only used a pea-sized amount. A great product! I highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2003 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kinky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for those who want a natural hold with added shine. I found that it does take care of any mild frizziness and a little goes a long way!!! However, for those who have oily hair, I wouldn't recommend it (contains shea butter)....it does tend to go greasy if you leave it in for more than 1 day. I found the smell OK and bearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2003 10:45:00 PM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. If you want a natural looking hair that doesn't feel stiff and sticky, this is the product for you. Makes my hair soft, manageable, and smooth. I have bought this product three times already, and I will keep buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2003 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Schemer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Luckily, I did not buy this product. A co-worker gave it to me. I guess I was confused about what the function of this product was. The bottle says "for frizz-free smoothness". While this is true, it doesn't "assist" any with the "smoothing" part. I have very naturally curly hair and I used this while damp before blow drying straight with a round brush. While my hair was straight and smooth, the minute I stepped outside into the Southern humidity (and we're talking November humidity, not even July!) this product ditched me! It doesn't have very much holding power. But, I will say my natural curl that came back to life in the humidity wasn't really frizzy. So, who knows? Maybe I'll try this product in the summer when I wear my hair curly. Until then, I'm going back to my Physique "keep it straight" lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2003 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love this! I just got a new hair style, and I'm now using a flat iron. I put the outshine on my hair when it is damp, and then blow dry and flat iron. I might put a tad more outshine on after styling, if needed. This product is awesome - it leaves your hair silky soft without weighing it down. UPDATE: I use this every day, even if I don't use the flat iron. It makes my hair look so much better after blow drying. I also love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2003 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Kminer

I really enjoy Redken styling prodcuts, and this one my hairdresser tried on me. Having used Redken's Undone also, I do NOT prefer the Outshine. It's a lesser hold (I think a # of 1, where Undone is a #3). I have permed, curly long hair, and wanted a product to use on dried hair to "finish" the look and also isolate some of the curl strands - Outshine looks GREAT when I first put it in my hair but to me does not seem to take my frizzies as the day wears on (probably not enough hold). I like the packaging, that it has shea, and etc, but it was a little too "weak" a product for all my hair. Another alternative is Beyond The Zone Get N' Creamed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2003 12:11:00 PM More reviews by watch

wonderful stuff. the texture is amazing, and it makes my hair really shiny. not to mention no frizzies. but it's $15 a pop - a little goes a long long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2003 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JeepGirl443

this is awesome! and you will not hear me saythat much about a hair product. i try things all the time and hate them. but i LOVe this! it smells kinda like herbal essences to me. and when i put it on my fried blonde hair it makes it look fabulous! it had a creamy white texture and goes on smoothly, gets rid of all frizz and makes it deffinately shinier! UPDATE:wow what a turn in how i feel about this. this now makes my hair really dry and frizzy while making it look very weighed down TERRIABLE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 11:27:00 PM More reviews by JessicaLuvsPez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail of hair products. It tames and smooths whatever frizzes and excess thickness I may have. It makes my hair super shiny, sexy and manageable. I'm a super happy camper!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2003 7:45:00 PM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This didn't do a lot for my hair but make it tangly and greasy, and I didn't use very much. I prefer my Redken Active Express Treatment and Styler.