October 30, 2014 | 1709 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this a few years ago and then started using Avon's Keep it clean vitamin charged cleanser. The Avon product has been discontinued so I'm back to this. I have dry skin but I hate cleansers that leave an oily residue so I love this and it's soooo cheap! I use a dry skin moisturizer with this and have no problems at all. A good cheap cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by GirlMakeuplover

I love this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by vanbergc

Another WOW cleanser from Neutrogena! I had no idea these cleansers work as well as they do. So I've spent the summer in the sun...sweating, greasing up, and generally miserable from wearing hot helmets while I ride my horse outside with god awful sticky sunscreen on. My skin, which has been pretty tame for the last few years, has broken out some from sweat and dirt, and I'm just sick, sick, sick of the problems. I decided I needed something stronger to keep my pores cleaner and dryer. I've been trying drugstore brands...especially toners, because they contain alchohol and salicylic acid. But this cleanser just blew me away. It's as good as most uber-expensive brands. It washes off SO clean (may be the water in my area works well with the cleanser), and leaves my skin just as soft as can be without stripping. Doesn't help with the sweat, dirt, and sunscreen while I'm outside, but it cleans up my skin very well when I shower afterwards. I detect no aroma whatsoever (frag free version), and I'm pretty sensitive to smells. I really love this, and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by hallkali

I had used this for a few years (all through high school, now that I think about it) and when I got to college, decided I would shell out the money for a higher-end cleanser (Murad product). I definitely regret it now. What a waste of money. The Murad was worthless. My skin became dull, it cost $30 more than what I was spending on the Neutrogena, and made me breakout, which was unheard of until then! I'll never stray again. Buy this product! I have some problems with dry skin if I don't use moisturizer with it, but you're supposed to anyway, so that's fine!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by moundsview

i bought this cleanser because of the overall good reviews in MUA even though it was a little expensive. i thought the quality of the product was pretty good, but the smell was absolutely disgusting! it says fragrance free, but the smell was really horrid. sometimes the product gets into my mouth and it tastes really horrible. this cleanser is a little bad at removing makeup too. i thought the packaging was really easy to use and looks very classic, but the whole smell of the cleanser just put me off. now i just use it so wash my hands because the smell is so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sdalexander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 38 years old with combination to slightly oily skin. I've used this cleanser since I was about 15 years old. I've always liked it but every now and then I'll check something else out thinking I need to change. I tend to buy a lot of products from hair to skin to makeup. Every time I've tried anything else no matter the cost, I'm first disappointed and then reassured that this Neutrogena is right for me. It gets all the makeup, residue, oil, etc off leaving my face feeling clean with no remaining soapy residue, etc. It just feels clean. Just like another reviewer said when I feel like I might have a breakout I simply use the deep clean (my husband uses it regularly) a time or two and all is well. More than 20 years of using it and I still think it's the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by PetsPlantsHome

This is a great product for everyday face wash. I have been using it for years, never irritating. For heavier cleansing (breakouts, etc..) I use the Neutro Deep Clean; awesome as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i liked this cleanser at first but it started breaking me out-had to stop using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have since gone back to high-end cleansers, but this is among the best of all drugstore cleansers, as it's non-irritating. I only use the fragrance-free version. The problem is it takes several pumps to clean my face at night. Like previous reviewer said, it takes several tries to get rid of dirt and oil, and more splashes to rinse my face clean. I do feel a slight film after washing. Product could also be foamier. This does not remove tough grime or sunscreen well, but it is a good mild cleanser to have around on some mornings, or for use following makeup remover. I like the pump but wish it came in a tube for travel.

For now, I'm going back to Shiseido's foaming cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Neutrogena products have made my skin improve dramatically within the last 6 months. I though I would give this a try as I was looking for a foaming cleanser (and it was cheap) from Neutrogena. Unfortunately this dried my skin so badly that I had to stop using it on my face after two washes. I didn't like the film that it left on my skin - it just wouldn't go away no matter how many times I rinsed my skin with water. I felt that it didn't foam as much as I thought it should, I had to use several pumps of this product to make my skin feel clean. I thought that maybe it was because I have sensitive skin that I reacted this way, but I switched to using this as a body wash (to not waste any) with the same results - skin dried out and itchy. Not one I will purchase again.