Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 1/18/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. This was the primer I've ever bought but I neglected it because I was on a make up frenzy phase. But I just picked it up again and realized that, of all the primers I've used before, this one is definitely one of the best.

It really smooths out my skin and fills in all my pores. I have the Oil-Free product and it does keep me matte somewhat throughout the day - other primers would not mattify my face despite it's oil-free and shine-control labels. I like how the consistency doesn't feel all slimy and silicon-y. It just feels like any other moisturizer/lotion (but one that dries very fast on your face). I've completely changed my face routine at the beginning of the year (which includes this primer) and I'm happy to say my breakouts have been very minimal to none. No idea if it's the other products I'm using or whether it's just a coincidence, but I'll give it the benefit of my doubt. :)

I agree though, the smell is horrible, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I'd buy this product again hands down.

on 1/16/2010 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This smooths my skin and appears to minimise pores, it also fixes my foundation like glue. I've used it under BB skin foundation with no balling. I like the fresh look it leaves on the skin so sometimes just use this and concealer where needed with no foundation.

on 1/12/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got a couple sample packets of this when I purchased the mineral powder last fall. I think I used one packet three times and I still have some left. It does leave your skin soft and silky but for me it's an extra step and product that I really don't need. LM's mineral foundation is just about perfect in every way all by itself, so I didn't see any real enhancement by using this product before applying it. Maybe it works better with the liquid foundation. The "mineral, oil-free, and hydrating" primer formulas contain silicones but this one doesn't.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Tidecyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Allantoin, Retinyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Citrus Auraantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Honey Extract (Mel), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035).

Vex

on 1/12/2010 6:06:00 AM

Due to my oily skin I bought the Oil Free version of this product but found the smell of this product so off putting i went to counter to make sure it hadn't gone off but was advised this is normal for the product. Although it does smooth out the surface of the skin i have found better primers all around, like mac prep and prime and benefit That Gal. I wouldn't buy this purely due to the strength of smell being so off putting. If you can deal with it, it is very smoothing on the skin but for me I need the whole package for something to be worth that money.

on 1/10/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i dont know why so many ppl dont like, but i was pretty much impressed by this product when i first used it. well, i think the reason why a lot of ppl hate this product is that they expect wrong result from this primer. it is not a oil-control primer. do not buy it if you wish it will prevent you from getting oily face. it actually even will make your t-zone more oily.
it is actually a smooth and silky finish primer, which means once you apply it as a primer and then apply foundation on. your foundation will be much easier to be applied smoothly and give you a silky finish. i have combonation skin, so i only apply this product on my cheeks and i found that the side with this product as a bace, its foundation is much more natural and silky, and the side without this product is much more caky looking. just be careful dont apply it on your t-zone if you have oily t-zone like me.
i will say the price is kind of pricy but a good quality face product wont make your skin more and more dull or harm your skin as most of drugstore products do. so i think i will repurchase it except i found another more satisfying one.

on 12/31/2009 8:50:00 AM

The primer helps foundation and blush last longer, smells pleasant and it is not too heavy. A little product goes a long way. LM's SA said that it does not contain silicone, but dimethicone is one of the top ingreadients of this primer!! I much prefer this primer to the Smashbox one (which is pure silicone slathered on my face, I hate it!).

Is it useful? I am doubtful. It does what it says on the box, it is pretty expensive and I do not see it becoming a staple in my make up box. I will finish the tube and very unlikely purchase it again.

on 12/30/2009 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This primer makes my skin oily and makes blending my foundation very difficult. However, it doesn't break me out. I'm switching to the oil free primer now and will write a review about it soon.

on 12/23/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This primer is hard to apply because its really sticky. And makes my face feel oily throughout the day. Although it did help my make up apply easier and last longer, I don't like the stickiness of it at all. I reccomend getting a sample before buying.

on 12/16/2009 3:56:00 AM

i love this primer. it seems gel based to me. makes my MU go on so smooth and flawless. i use this over my moisturizer. this really seals in the moisture yet doesnt make me oily. my skin is very sensitive and this doesnt break me out. this product feels as expensive as it costs.

on 12/13/2009 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at Sephora. I heard good things about this primer and I bought the oil-free version because I have very oily skin that can get breakouts.

Honestly, it didn't live up to my expectations. I first tried it on my eyelids to hold my eyeshadow in place but some of my eyemakeup creased and faded. I used on my face and at the end of the day my blush had faded somewhat. The results were mixed for me with this primer.

I don't think I'll buy this again because it just too expensive for such mediocre results. Once my current supply runs out, I will keep looking for a better primer.