December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Dededub

This foundation goes on well and feels nice and light, but doesn't provide enough coverage for my liking. The colour is absolutely awful, a horrible shade of orange. The shade I have is called 'Natural' - yeah, maybe if you're one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by hexan

I had very high hopes for this foundation but I find it average... The coverage is very moderate and doesnt go beyond that. A little too sheer for my liking. Colors are average too. They're somewhat orangy.. except the lightest shade which I have. Good foundation but not the best out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JustineL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I have ever tried...and trust me, I have tried a lot of them. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin when I wear this and no one even realise that I am wearing foundation.
I have acne prone skin and this does not clog pores at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 12:17:00 PM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*** UPDATE 01/24/2006 ***

I tend to try new things all the time and forget about those that actually worked just for the sake of something new, just as I forgot about this Sisley foundation.

The redness and flakiness around my nose and on my chin is killing me right now and every single one of the foundations I've been using during the last months was accentuating the flakes and the bumps so I thought I'd go out and get a new one.

Fortunately I checked my bank account in time so I figured the new foundation has to wait at least one or two months since I'm really broke right now. Instead of spending money on the next new thing I didn't really need I went through my makeup drawer just to find my beloved Sisley fluid foundation and I decided to give it a try.
Seriously, all my new lemmings are killed. This foundation is so divine in feel and texture, and it looks so velvety soft and natural. Yes it's expensive, and the color matches aren't as perfect as I would like them to be, but the finish is so wonderful, it easily covers all the redness, and neither oily nor flaky skin are a challenge for this gem.
I'm so glad I rediscovered it before shelling out the money for the next foundation that would leave me disappointed.

***UPDATE 12/02/2004****

I've not been faithful. I've tried some Clarins, some Clinique, some Dior, some BB and some LRP and I must say: This and the LRP one are the most natural looking foundations with good medium coverage ever. It's a shame this one is so expensive, but I'm sure I'll repurchase from time to time. By the way: I'm still on my first bottle. :)

***UPDATE 10/19/04***

After using this for one year I'm still loving it!

I'm amazed... I've been using samples of this and finally gave in and bought it. Yes, this is expensive, but heck, it's so great!

I have an oily, sometimes very oily t-zone and dry cheeks which need constant moisturizing or my kp will show up. This foundation balances everything out. Together with the Sisley loose or pressed powder it keeps me matte nearly all day (blotted once today) and makes my skin looking glowing and great. It has more coverage than I expected and hid all redness and red marks I have right now from healing spots and nothing of it was visible, not even close up.

This gives me flawless skin, it's so amazing! I've tried Clinique Superfit und Superbalanced, Chanel DPF, Dior Diorskin and like them all and will probably repurchase (especially DPF and Diorskin) but this is the foundation I love! The pump can be taken off, so I can mix my exakt shade (for example in case I ever should get a tan) right in the bottle, which is great.

Great foundation, nice smell, horrible price. But for every now and then (certainly not going to use this every day, it's way too expensive for this) it's well worth it! :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ExpatVic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Any lady over 40 with dry skin MUST at least give this silky foundation a try. A small amount actually glides on your skin evenly and without excessive blending. The end result is radiant, smooth, younger skin without that "made up" feeling or look. The only drawback is a petty one ... the lid on the bottle keeps falling off in my cosmetic case. Sisley ... if you're listening ... do a screw on cap please! Honestly ladies -- try it and get hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2003 8:46:00 PM More reviews by NYer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great to wear over an oil-free moisturizer in the summer. I do that on days I could use a little 'matteness'. The pump is really handy. You only need a small drop for the whole face. It covers pores wonderfully without feeling heavy. The problem? The price. Available at Saks, and BG. Also try strawberrynet.com for discounts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ahjc

It's watery light liquid foundation that dries quickly on the skin. It provides light to medium coverage. It doesn't look like a coverup but felt itchy and masky. I use this in #1 Ivory(lightest)and this was too yellow on my face. My oily T-zone could not handle this foundation. Normal to combination type with light to medium skintone probably like this foundation.