September 23, 2014 | 1584 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very moisturizing--in fact, don't go too heavy with this stuff! I use it mainly in the winter or at night. In the summer I use TBS Papaya Body Butter, which is lighter. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by DominoCookies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful product made with quality ingredients. It's very moisturizing from the cocoa butter and shea butter and very pleasant to apply...smooth and creamy. It's very concentrated compared to other creams that have a tiny amount of any butters or oils, so you only need a very little bit. Too much and your skin will feel greasy. The scent is dreamy, soft, discreet and never overpowering on me. To my nose, it smells of like cocoa powder, marshmallow and earthy vanilla. It is one of my favorite smells on the perfume and I am a self-professed perfume addict! It costs 15 which is more expensive than other creams but I really feel that the price is justified by the use of great ingredients which allow you to apply a very little bit at a time with good results. I really like the entire body butter line at TBS but this Cocoa Butter takes the cake for me. I've repurchased several times and will as long as TBS makes this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I erally like most of the TBS body butters, but this one really does it for me, especially in wintertime. My skin gets very dry when it's cold outside and this is as rich as it gets. It has a nice, warm, but not sweet, cocoa scent that I really love. Not fruity or spicy in any way, but very delicate. And nothing gets my skin back to it's old self like this one does.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive but worth it. I ADORE this BB - the most moisturizing cream I've ever used. I feel so smooth all day, and the warm chocolately scent is very subtle but long lasting. It's a comforting feeling and a comforting smell, and the moisturising properties can't be beat. yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 10:27:00 AM More reviews by nalasambi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

excellent body butter, with my favourite smell of all TBS-butters: not too overpowering.
It sinks in the skin very quickly, and is not greasy. Love it after a long hot bath or a scrub to have a soft skin.
Only con: when the jar is getting empty, the butter becomes less soft, I always need to throw the last bit away
It is not very cheap, but TBS are having very regulary special offers, we had here in the UK a "3 for 2" offer, and I got the butter FOC!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by NarcissaM

Nice texture, not as greasy as you'd expect from a body butter, and I love the scent (a bit chocolatey, surprise surprise). It does a great job of getting rid immediately of very dry skin in winter. However, it only seems to moisturise the skin superficially, as it doesn't appear to sink in your skin very well (making it feel a bit sticky) and comes off immediately after a shower, leaving your skin as dry as it was before. Will still buy again though as it does provide instant relief of irritating dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2006 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Sonjaponja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful scent! This body butter is for very dry skin, so for me it's a bit too greasy to use all over. But I use it on my hands and feet before I go to sleep, and they're really really soft in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so far I have tried the brazil nut, cocoa butter, and shea butter body butters and I can't decide which one I like the best. of course the cocoa butter BB isn't as thick as the shea butter, however it does moisturize intensely. This is a thick and creamy body butter that absorbs very quickly into the skin. I cannot believe how soft this makes my skin feel. Yet another great product from TBS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Super-duper moisturisation!!! I keep a tub of this at work. I've even got male colleagues going after this one. But i still love my Palmers / Astral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 3:06:00 PM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite TBS body butter! It smells absolutly delicious! It not a really heavy scent, it's quite nutty, yet very pleasantly chocolaty. It's a bit expensive, $18 Canadian, but I bought the mini size and it was only $8. Good stuff:)