August 30, 2014 | 1160 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ladychris17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works to lessen oil, but not worth the money although it's really not THAT expensive, there are probably other products that would work better for me.

I only use this to balance my skintone because I bought the wrong shade for my foundation which is too light, so I have this in a darker shade than my skintone. If I honestly didn't buy the wrong shade of foundation, I'd totally skip this and go straught to applying loose powder instead. Kinda does the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I realy like this powder.
In the past I keep on buying this in
the wrong colour. It's not my fould
Its the MUA fould. I find out that if you need pressed
powder or loose powder you need to
get 1 or 2 shades lighter. Then its perfect.
I have NC37 in foundations.
So in pressed powder it;s nc 30 or nc 25
sometimes Nc 25 is saver. nc40 is way to dark.
And It can make you look orange
or grey. Some people where wrong
colour thats why it's make your face looks
fake or orange or horrible.
You always can ask for a sample before you buy.
Never buy powder in the same colour as your foundation.
If your nc 30 then go for the nc 25or nc 20

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by honeydovey

Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again. Reasons are that I find it like many other pressed powders out there and this one only did an ok job. I find this powder does not suit people with dry skin especially if you have some parts that are flaky this will show up very well all the dry patches. I like the extremely soft puff that comes with this compact but it seems to make the unpleasant of the powder stronger when applied to the face. You can't smell the unpleasant scent in the compact but once applied on, it really stinks. By using a brush, it really diminishes that unpleasant scent. The product does make my skin matte for a while but still not worth the full price that I paid for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Belle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A perfectly acceptable pressed powder.
I bought it on a whim as my faithful old Rimmel had started to crack and spill everywhere. It also had one of those annoying removable plastic lids which would forever come off and break. I fancied a compact and I just happened to be at the MAC counter in Gatwick-London duty free.
Got to address the main negative point here and that's the bloody price! 16.50 for a bog standard pressed powder? Okay, it has a mirror and a 'suedette' puff but come on.. I think this is where you start paying for the brand.
It's fine, keeps me matte, sheer coverage which sets my foundation and concealer..
Just nothing special really :)
I won't be repurchasing, cause you can get pressed powder compacts anywhere really. For a lot less than 16.50 too..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lalalady1

Reading all of the negative reviews for this powder was extremely surprising... I am a press powder fiend, Press powder is my favorite makeup item by far.MAC select sheer press powder is awesome for people that love a very matte clean finish... I don't wear it alone because being that it is a sheer powder it does not provide the coverage that I would like but as a finishing powder over foundation OMG... It's look absolutely flawessless over studio fix fluid... this product is definitely a staple in my makeup bag and purse...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

UPDATE 11/22/09: So I originally gave this product a rating of 4 lippies because I really, really liked it. Now, I'm going to have to give it a rating of 3 because three weeks later this product broke me out pretty badly. At first I thought it was the other products I was using, but I was able to narrow it down to this MAC powder. As soon as I stopped using it, new pimples stopped appearing. I give it at least a 3 because I did like the coverage and how it looked on me. Unfortunately, it just didn't do any good for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is only really for people with dry skin, or normal skin.
I bought it as the MAC Blot Powder I found to make me look too powdery.
The colours I found are all too yellow or too dark, so even though it's supposed to be sheer, it looked unnatural on my face.
It didn't leave me looking matte or even took any shine away immediately after application, and after an hour or so, I looked like an oil slick. Definitely not for oily skin!
I'm now using MAC Prep & Prime powder, with a powder puff and much prefering that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

Mmm so the truth is this used to be an acceptable product when there was nothing else to choose from. unfort now ive found mineralized natural there is no need for this product.

i struggled with the best form of application and actuallly found that using the NARS bronzing brush ans buffing this well into skin gives the best finish you could imagine. i was impressed. so if you love this product try using a kabuki type brush and you may love it even more!

i wont be purchasing again but have found a way to make it work.

texture is fine and you dont feel like you have anything on whichi s a plus. i can live without it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just the best, would not buy any other foundation anymore. Skin looks PERFECT, flawless, blend perfectly, last all day, light coverage just enough to even out your skin color. Works as a primer for blush/bronzer. Mac has the best color selection, you'll sure find yours! (mine : NC40)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is just...meh...
It does the job ok as the setting powder, but it does look a bit dry-ish unless I spray it with Fix+ or something, and does set into lines.
But for the price I want it to work, especially because I only buy it because Maybeline discontinued the one I used here in Asia(that one was about 5 times cheaper - I am now really sad I never stocked up!).
However, it is the best setting powder I found so far (out of ones available here) so I am sticking with it till something better comes along(hopefully soon).