August 29, 2014 | 1192 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Julip9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At last, the Holy Grail has been found. I am 53 with normal to dry skin, and after all these years of trying EVERYTHING out there, I finally thought I'd try THE best known one, and I am so pleased, the colour match is perfect and it makes my skin look really youthful not too dewy, and not matte. One bug bear is that I have waited this long.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Riotrachael

I do love estee Lauder's double wear foundation, I have used it for a couple of years now and originally the high coverage attracted me to the product as at the time I had bad acne and wasn't looking after my skin properly. However, recently as I see everyone else has commented on the new formula and colour shades. I used to wear "shell" which was perfect for my skin one as I am very pale, but now due to it not being available anymore I wear ecru. This colour is too dark and oxidises throughout the day which gives me that dreaded orange face. Conversely, as I have started looking after my skin a lot more i decided to try the double wear light in the lightest shade (intensity 0.1) this foundation has a more natural finish which I surprisingly like compared to the matte finish you get from the original double wear. Double wear light has roughly the same amount of coverage, it covers my dark spots and discolouration and overall feels so much lighter on my skin which must be better for my pores right? The colour is still that little bit too dark for me but is much better than "ecru". Also, the double wear light formula is much thinner and easier to blend out for beginners.
Hope this is helpful for everyone else who is as ghostly as me!

Ps: if Estée Lauder brings out "shell" again I would definitely repurchase for nights out and times I have an oily day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Moveludacris69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is awesome my skin is sooooo oily and this is the foundation that lasts the longest but i have tried EVERYTHING! The only con is that it is pricey but worth it and you do have to touch up with powder as it does get shiny just use a good primer and powder i use nars powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Makeupfortheages

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Estée Lauder is catching a lot of heat about the reformulation. I don't know why. I used the original formula for years and stopped because I thought it was giving me skin issues It wasn't the foundation it was just my skin changing when I hit 40 :-(. When I figured out it wasn't they foundation, cured the problem, and heard about the new formula I decided to try it out. I went down and was color matched to honey bronze. I was she'll beige in the original formula. I came home with a sample and tried it out . I am very happy with the color. It's more yellow based and that's great for me. I did notice it was thinner, but I'm ok with that too. It doesn't feel as heavy and doesn't settle in my lines. Yay. It did seem to lose a bit of longevity. My oily nose seemed to oil it off a bit sooner , but not that much sooner. The coverage is just as good. I have a sun spot that it covered wonderfully. I used my beauty blender to apply it and it looked awesome. Overall I love the new formula. One suggestion ESTEE LAUDER PUT A PUMP IN THIS FOUNDATION.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Redroz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try the Double Wear Regular after being disappointing with the dryness of the Maximum Coverage, but loving the coverage on my scarring and rosacea. I had to layer the Double Wear Regular on to get even a little coverage and the color was a little off. It also had no staying power. About half way through the day it was wearing off and I had to start layering concealer and powder all over my face. I ended up with two foundations I couldn't use, so I decided to mix them together and WOW IT WORKED!!!! I got the full coverage of the Maximum Coverage and the smoothness of the Regular. It did not budge all day and I still looked flawless when I got home from work. This also solved my slightly off color match. When I mixed them together I got the perfect shade. I recommend that you go to the counter and ask for some samples in colors close to yours. I got samples of the Maximum Cover in creamy vanilla and very light, and the Double Wear Regular in Ivory Nude. After applying wait for it to set, because the Maximum Cover makes the foundation dry a little lighter than it looks right away, and then check the color in various lights (indoor, sunlight, fluorescent). The perfect combo for me was Maximum Cover Very Light and Double Wear Regular in Ivory Nude, followed with a touch of Double Wear Ivory Nude powder. After years of searching I have finally found my Holy Grail makeup!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by khalas22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like it very much , i am very happy that I discovered this products

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Curcan

All these reviews are pretty accurate in my opinion. EL DW is a great foundation that lasts the whole day and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Should you find the right color and prep your skin with a rich hydrating creme before, this will look fabulous. Colors are a bit weid, BUT, i have to say that i really like the new formula aaaand the new warm shades also. its deff a go to foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by emzo889

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh....Well, I looovvved this at first - when the lady tried it on me, it was just wow. My perfect foundation is flawless, matte, full coverage, gives a sort of neutral perfect base to your skin, and this definitely did do that at first.
However, I've never gotten that same effect since then, no matter what I seem to do - I've tried different brushes etc, but it just looks a bit orangey, and my skin's been quite dry lately so this foundation is actually a complete pain to blend. my friend pointed out i'd missed a chunk of my face at school one day, even though i'd been blending for ten minutes in the morning. The staying power is okay - stays put well enough on oily skin. But it just doesn't look the same as it did :(
Overall, if it always gave that "first time" effect, I would be in love with this foundation right now, but I think it's just too mature for my 15 year old teenage skin. It's too heavy, a bit too orangey when placed next to my old foundations, and a pain to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by xMessy

Absolutely love this. Defo my staple product. No foundation stays on me except this one and I feel it gives a beautiful finish, doesn't need powder although I use it for longer wear. Only fault is colour, i use mac nc25 and i've tried tawny and sand and neither were exactly my colour. I use tawny in the more summer months but its still not a perfect match. Use a mac pump with it cause it is awkward packaging! No other faults however. Recommend highly!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by postalwife

I used Double Wear for years and always loved it. However, about three months ago my face started breaking out HORRIBLY. So bad that I was getting ready to go on Accutane --Until I found out that Estee Lauder had recently changed the formula of Double Wear and it was causing a lot of people with acne prone skin problems. A week ago I switched to Clarins foundation to see if it would make a difference and I can thankfully say that my skin is looking better than it has in a very long time. I wrote this review especially for anyone who is having issues with their acne being worse than ever.. if you are using Double Wear then it is probably the culprit! Which really sucks, because this used to be the greatest foundation on the market!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No